All this talk about girls and ladies prompted La Cieca to turn (not for the first time!) to Brad Wilber’s Met Futures Page, freshly updated just a couple of days ago. So detailed and fascinating is Brad’s vision of the future that La Cieca is inspired to invite the cher public to play a little game.
La Cieca invites you to peruse Brad’s prognostications for the Met’s 2011-2012 season and then to exercise your own powers of prescience. In the comments section below, answer (with explanation) each of the following questions:
- Which event next season is most likely to be judged “demented?”
- Which event next season is most likely to be judged “filth?”
- Which casting (role/artist) is the season’s “must see?”
- Which casting (role/artist) is the season’s “must miss?”
- If you could add one opera or artist to next season’s schedule, what would it be?
- If you could subtract one opera or artist from next season’s schedule, which would it be?
There’s an Amazon gift card in the balance, cher public, and as usual La Cieca’s judgment is final and irrevocable.