• antikitschychick: Oh my goodness, I have a 30 pg. paper due tomorrow so I’m swamped atm and I’ve been trying to catch up with... 1:27 AM
  • PCally: Well I honestly can’t remember the singing all that much, it’s not really that kind of role. 11:17 PM
  • Krunoslav: Nope. We have bad/spoiled voices here too. Roz P started out with a rich sound and much promise but never got the top... 10:56 PM
  • Camille: I’m sold. Especially after looking at the programs to be featured this summer–all Puccini and other veristi, all the... 8:23 PM
  • FragendeFrau82: Thank you so much! Will listen to this on the drive to DC on Saturday. Nice photo too–includes the gray. New to me,... 8:07 PM
  • Camille: Bluebeard–I fear you may have hit the bullseye here, based on many of the already established actualities re Ms LH... 8:01 PM
  • Camille: Yes, and similarly, I had so looked forward to the double bill of Iolanta/Bluebeard& #8217;s Castle at the MET, and ended up not... 7:42 PM
  • Camille: Caro Cocky K.— That would indeed make me very happy as -for some peculiar reason- perhaps based upon your unusual degree of... 7:19 PM

Love is only love

“Of the two love stories that unfolded at David et Jonathas Wednesday night, it’s hard to say which was more moving: biblical hero David’s affection for his childhood friend—or the passion Les Arts Florissants lavished on this obscure but delectable work.” [New York Post]

• 1
    bergbag says:

It was simple and beautiful. I enjoyed Mr. Christie’s elegant fingers and red socks as well.

• 2
    Constantine A. Papas says:

Very enlightening review. Talking about reviews, has anybody read today’s NY Times critique of Vienna State’s opera production of Eugene O? Apparently, singing in the missionary position has become one of Netrebko’s trademarks!

• 2.1
      Often admonished says:

from New York: “New York Post Editor Apologizes, Unwittingly, for Terrible Coverage”

anything to do with you, JJ?

• 3
    manou says:

Has anyone heard from Poison Ivy? I do hope she is well.

I am sorry this is in the wrong thread but I did not want it buried in the overloaded Intermission thread.

• 3.1
      Camille says:

This is a thread entitled “Love is only love” so it would appear correct to me as it is loving concern which prompted your concern. Her blog is back up--I came upon it par hasard a day or so ago. Let’s hope her job stays and it is admittedly a very difficult situation, but in the end, Ivy is too smart and, well, she will figure it out. We can all only hope so and wish her the health and happiness her young life is warranted.

• 3.1.1
        manou says:

Thank you Camille -- I shall try to reach her through the blog. I am glad it is back online -- good news anyway.

• 3.2
      kashania says:

I was also pleased to see Ivy back on Twitter.