• Clita del Toro: PS “RobertoR 21; I saw a number of Tebaldi’s Toscas between 1956 and 1958,... 2:00 PM
  • robertovillalba: I never saw a person to be insulted by his arguments, and knowledge about singing, is this a... 1:59 PM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: What a punim! Makes Gelb look downright viral. 1:50 PM
  • Clita del Toro: “RobertoR 21;, go back to opera-l. where you bore everyone to tears. I guess you are... 1:50 PM
  • Cocky Kurwenal: She’s their go-to girl when a major diva cancels, or she gets double cast alongside the... 1:43 PM
  • robertovillalba: I do not know how to answer is this Clita del Toro , you are well? Yes indeed, for me the... 1:39 PM
  • Feldmarschallin: Well the production deserves to be filmed with this cast especially. 1:39 PM
  • Poison Ivy: I hope the Cenerentola was filmed and the Favorite will eventually become a recording. I have... 1:30 PM
  • Poison Ivy: I have no idea. But also I think the Verona casts are like whittled down to so-so singers because... 1:28 PM
  • Feldmarschallin: Well those performances suit a purpose to provide entertainment for the tourists but like... 1:14 PM

Love is only love

“Of the two love stories that unfolded at David et Jonathas Wednesday night, it’s hard to say which was more moving: biblical hero David’s affection for his childhood friend—or the passion Les Arts Florissants lavished on this obscure but delectable work.” [New York Post]

• bergbag says:

It was simple and beautiful. I enjoyed Mr. Christie’s elegant fingers and red socks as well.

• Constantine A. Papas says:

Very enlightening review. Talking about reviews, has anybody read today’s NY Times critique of Vienna State’s opera production of Eugene O? Apparently, singing in the missionary position has become one of Netrebko’s trademarks!

• Often admonished says:

from New York: “New York Post Editor Apologizes, Unwittingly, for Terrible Coverage”

anything to do with you, JJ?

Has anyone heard from Poison Ivy? I do hope she is well.

I am sorry this is in the wrong thread but I did not want it buried in the overloaded Intermission thread.

This is a thread entitled “Love is only love” so it would appear correct to me as it is loving concern which prompted your concern. Her blog is back up--I came upon it par hasard a day or so ago. Let’s hope her job stays and it is admittedly a very difficult situation, but in the end, Ivy is too smart and, well, she will figure it out. We can all only hope so and wish her the health and happiness her young life is warranted.

Thank you Camille -- I shall try to reach her through the blog. I am glad it is back online -- good news anyway.

I was also pleased to see Ivy back on Twitter.