• spiderman: Armer, we are not talking about a SHAMEFUL secret, nothing shameful about it. We are talking about... 5:31 AM
  • Porgy Amor: How do you know it’s from 1962, though? If one of the names is wrong, the date could be as... 3:51 AM
  • Ouf: Pews. 3:28 AM
  • Cicciabella: The 100,000 euro fee was quoted in relation to normal-sized, unamplified concert halls, not pop... 3:19 AM
  • Ouf: Karajan only led two Fidelio performances in 1962, one with Vickers, the other with Zampieri. See links... 3:15 AM
  • antikitschychick: Completely agree with you Porgy. Also, she has, what 2-3 years of experience singing on an... 2:54 AM
  • antikitschychick: “However, it was quickly apparent that despite all these natural endowments,... 2:41 AM
  • Porgy Amor: Vickers’s son (or one of them, if more than one) is adamant that this is not his father... 2:19 AM
  • Buster: Sad how such a production is allowed to go on without much to redeem it musically.But Dmitry... 2:17 AM
  • Porgy Amor: In Monastyrska’ s defense, while she’s not exactly a born stage animal, she can be... 1:57 AM

Love is only love

“Of the two love stories that unfolded at David et Jonathas Wednesday night, it’s hard to say which was more moving: biblical hero David’s affection for his childhood friend—or the passion Les Arts Florissants lavished on this obscure but delectable work.” [New York Post]

• bergbag says:

It was simple and beautiful. I enjoyed Mr. Christie’s elegant fingers and red socks as well.

• Constantine A. Papas says:

Very enlightening review. Talking about reviews, has anybody read today’s NY Times critique of Vienna State’s opera production of Eugene O? Apparently, singing in the missionary position has become one of Netrebko’s trademarks!

• Often admonished says:

from New York: “New York Post Editor Apologizes, Unwittingly, for Terrible Coverage”

anything to do with you, JJ?

Has anyone heard from Poison Ivy? I do hope she is well.

I am sorry this is in the wrong thread but I did not want it buried in the overloaded Intermission thread.

This is a thread entitled “Love is only love” so it would appear correct to me as it is loving concern which prompted your concern. Her blog is back up--I came upon it par hasard a day or so ago. Let’s hope her job stays and it is admittedly a very difficult situation, but in the end, Ivy is too smart and, well, she will figure it out. We can all only hope so and wish her the health and happiness her young life is warranted.

Thank you Camille -- I shall try to reach her through the blog. I am glad it is back online -- good news anyway.

I was also pleased to see Ivy back on Twitter.