• redbear: Sorry about the “editingR 21; but you get the idea. 5:13 AM
  • redbear: My first encounter with the Glass Ensemble, in a small theater in La Jolla, stays in the memory. My impression is that it was... 4:44 AM
  • m. croche: Probably been close to 20 years since I’ve seen this documentary, but recommended for Akhnateniks. Seems to be rentable... 3:02 AM
  • Howling in Tune: I remember an interview with one of the Einstein tour’s cast members. She said that memorizing was very difficult... 2:34 AM
  • Howling in Tune: What, no nekkid pix of Anthony Roth Costanzo? 2:31 AM
  • swordsnsolvers: Pretty good performance. Too bad about the narrator/poet role, who seems to alternate between histrionic, overdone, and... 10:35 PM
  • grimoaldo: httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=Nrkq mu1GYjM Stoyanov sings “In Braccio Alle Dovizie” from the above performance.... 9:05 PM
  • grimoaldo: This conversation about one of the things I love the most in this world, Verdi’s Sicilian Vespers, led me to a really... 8:34 PM

Love is only love

“Of the two love stories that unfolded at David et Jonathas Wednesday night, it’s hard to say which was more moving: biblical hero David’s affection for his childhood friend—or the passion Les Arts Florissants lavished on this obscure but delectable work.” [New York Post]

• 1
    bergbag says:

It was simple and beautiful. I enjoyed Mr. Christie’s elegant fingers and red socks as well.

• 2
    Constantine A. Papas says:

Very enlightening review. Talking about reviews, has anybody read today’s NY Times critique of Vienna State’s opera production of Eugene O? Apparently, singing in the missionary position has become one of Netrebko’s trademarks!

• 2.1
      Often admonished says:

from New York: “New York Post Editor Apologizes, Unwittingly, for Terrible Coverage”

anything to do with you, JJ?

• 3
    manou says:

Has anyone heard from Poison Ivy? I do hope she is well.

I am sorry this is in the wrong thread but I did not want it buried in the overloaded Intermission thread.

• 3.1
      Camille says:

This is a thread entitled “Love is only love” so it would appear correct to me as it is loving concern which prompted your concern. Her blog is back up--I came upon it par hasard a day or so ago. Let’s hope her job stays and it is admittedly a very difficult situation, but in the end, Ivy is too smart and, well, she will figure it out. We can all only hope so and wish her the health and happiness her young life is warranted.

• 3.1.1
        manou says:

Thank you Camille -- I shall try to reach her through the blog. I am glad it is back online -- good news anyway.

• 3.2
      kashania says:

I was also pleased to see Ivy back on Twitter.