• NPW-Paris: Their latest issue is Gounod’s Cinq-Mars, with Mathias Vidal, Tassis Christoyannis, Véronique Gens, etc., and the Münchner... 6:44 AM
  • NPW-Paris: And later the Opéra Comique joined in, and the Palazzetto Bru Zane with some very interesting recordings. 5:39 AM
  • redbear: It was a continuing chapter in the French rediscovering their own musical history and it is one of the great stories of my... 4:39 AM
  • manou: Kurzak has this pronounced widow’s peak (think evil Queen in Snow White) and they did replicate it quite well with the wig,... 4:22 AM
  • NPW-Paris: It was in February 2007 at the Bastille, with Anick Massis, Anna-Caterina Antonacci and Chris Merritt, and yes, the blog has a... 1:33 AM
  • zinka: 26:52 is the duet….. 12:38 AM
  • zinka: httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=a7kN -KxKL7w LEYLA!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! Papian was chest-less when I saw her..She is... 12:37 AM
  • Batty Masetto: Definitely a wig, though unusually for BSO, a pretty good one. I noticed a major change in her hair before her scene in... 11:31 PM

Love is only love

“Of the two love stories that unfolded at David et Jonathas Wednesday night, it’s hard to say which was more moving: biblical hero David’s affection for his childhood friend—or the passion Les Arts Florissants lavished on this obscure but delectable work.” [New York Post]

• 1
    bergbag says:

It was simple and beautiful. I enjoyed Mr. Christie’s elegant fingers and red socks as well.

• 2
    Constantine A. Papas says:

Very enlightening review. Talking about reviews, has anybody read today’s NY Times critique of Vienna State’s opera production of Eugene O? Apparently, singing in the missionary position has become one of Netrebko’s trademarks!

• 2.1
      Often admonished says:

from New York: “New York Post Editor Apologizes, Unwittingly, for Terrible Coverage”

anything to do with you, JJ?

• 3
    manou says:

Has anyone heard from Poison Ivy? I do hope she is well.

I am sorry this is in the wrong thread but I did not want it buried in the overloaded Intermission thread.

• 3.1
      Camille says:

This is a thread entitled “Love is only love” so it would appear correct to me as it is loving concern which prompted your concern. Her blog is back up--I came upon it par hasard a day or so ago. Let’s hope her job stays and it is admittedly a very difficult situation, but in the end, Ivy is too smart and, well, she will figure it out. We can all only hope so and wish her the health and happiness her young life is warranted.

• 3.1.1
        manou says:

Thank you Camille -- I shall try to reach her through the blog. I am glad it is back online -- good news anyway.

• 3.2
      kashania says:

I was also pleased to see Ivy back on Twitter.