• Buster: I never listened much to Rethberg’s live Met recordings. Past her prime, not at her best, is... 2:12 AM
  • ML: Let’s hear it for low E-flat! mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm 12:45 AM
  • dr.malatempra: I believe the initial rumor was regarding Lisette Oropesa. Have no opinion about the validity... 12:41 AM
  • antikitschychick: Yay thank you for confirming that PokeyGascon! :-). Also, just a humble suggestion from... 12:33 AM
  • ML: Chicago Tribune (John von Rhein) has it all wrong: * CSO is one of three (3) jobs Muti holds, so it does... 12:24 AM
  • Clita del Toro: Thanks, chick. Nice to hear from you. 12:22 AM
  • PokeyGascon: Game of Thrones look was intentional or at least acknowledged by the director in the program... 12:09 AM
  • ML: It seems that a Saturday threat by the CGIL union was the last straw: http://roma.repubb lica.it/crona... 12:03 AM
  • antikitschychick: Lolzzz well that’s one way of describing it. Btw: good to see you back here Clita... 11:58 PM
  • antikitschychick: Oh I most definitely agree that not only lighter voices are luminous, hence my dubbing of... 11:47 PM

Love is only love

“Of the two love stories that unfolded at David et Jonathas Wednesday night, it’s hard to say which was more moving: biblical hero David’s affection for his childhood friend—or the passion Les Arts Florissants lavished on this obscure but delectable work.” [New York Post]

• bergbag says:

It was simple and beautiful. I enjoyed Mr. Christie’s elegant fingers and red socks as well.

• Constantine A. Papas says:

Very enlightening review. Talking about reviews, has anybody read today’s NY Times critique of Vienna State’s opera production of Eugene O? Apparently, singing in the missionary position has become one of Netrebko’s trademarks!

• Often admonished says:

from New York: “New York Post Editor Apologizes, Unwittingly, for Terrible Coverage”

anything to do with you, JJ?

Has anyone heard from Poison Ivy? I do hope she is well.

I am sorry this is in the wrong thread but I did not want it buried in the overloaded Intermission thread.

This is a thread entitled “Love is only love” so it would appear correct to me as it is loving concern which prompted your concern. Her blog is back up--I came upon it par hasard a day or so ago. Let’s hope her job stays and it is admittedly a very difficult situation, but in the end, Ivy is too smart and, well, she will figure it out. We can all only hope so and wish her the health and happiness her young life is warranted.

Thank you Camille -- I shall try to reach her through the blog. I am glad it is back online -- good news anyway.

I was also pleased to see Ivy back on Twitter.