• turings: Alagna was wonderful as Énee. I hadn’t realised it was his first staged production. He was... 4:32 PM
  • Satisfied: Anyone have any luck finding on Spotify? The cover art comes up with Herliztius’ name but... 4:31 PM
  • Camille: Yes, darling Buster, I certainly think so too. From these photos she expresses the Elektra essence... 4:26 PM
  • la vociaccia: Well, Sean Pannikar is back at the Met for Klinghoffer and he has sung Nadir regionally several... 4:20 PM
  • Camille: Gawd, NO! Bubbles allowed, only! 4:14 PM
  • la vociaccia: But with Lakme, the Met has a chance to go full Zeffirelli on the sets and costumes. A... 4:12 PM
  • Camille: QPFster, where have you been? I was worried about you, so, am glad to see you are back and thanks... 4:11 PM
  • Camille: Dress Barn goes upstate: http://m.dressbarn .com/mt/www.dressb arn.com/plus-size/ dresses/casual-... 4:05 PM
  • phoenix: httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=QKCS h_2_6cs 4:05 PM
  • oedipe: OK, OK, I hear you. But, question is: do we also want to see Diana skinned down to her skivvies? And... 4:00 PM

Love is only love

“Of the two love stories that unfolded at David et Jonathas Wednesday night, it’s hard to say which was more moving: biblical hero David’s affection for his childhood friend—or the passion Les Arts Florissants lavished on this obscure but delectable work.” [New York Post]

• bergbag says:

It was simple and beautiful. I enjoyed Mr. Christie’s elegant fingers and red socks as well.

• Constantine A. Papas says:

Very enlightening review. Talking about reviews, has anybody read today’s NY Times critique of Vienna State’s opera production of Eugene O? Apparently, singing in the missionary position has become one of Netrebko’s trademarks!

• Often admonished says:

from New York: “New York Post Editor Apologizes, Unwittingly, for Terrible Coverage”

anything to do with you, JJ?

Has anyone heard from Poison Ivy? I do hope she is well.

I am sorry this is in the wrong thread but I did not want it buried in the overloaded Intermission thread.

This is a thread entitled “Love is only love” so it would appear correct to me as it is loving concern which prompted your concern. Her blog is back up--I came upon it par hasard a day or so ago. Let’s hope her job stays and it is admittedly a very difficult situation, but in the end, Ivy is too smart and, well, she will figure it out. We can all only hope so and wish her the health and happiness her young life is warranted.

Thank you Camille -- I shall try to reach her through the blog. I am glad it is back online -- good news anyway.

I was also pleased to see Ivy back on Twitter.