• Uncle Kvetch: parterre is a great place to be so long as you remember never to speak in favour of kindness or... 9:14 AM
  • Uncle Kvetch: I do however, completely understand the criticism aimed at her for many of her stylistic and... 9:06 AM
  • Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: DIVA NEWS: Cecilia Bartoli’s contract as Artistic Director of the Salzburger... 8:56 AM
  • Orlando Furioso: How curious that Rose Bampton and Helen Jepson share a birthday. They occupy the same niche... 8:15 AM
  • toitoitoi: Amen, armer and anti. “Sell their gifts”? Are you kidding me? No wonder you call... 8:11 AM
  • Ilka Saro: Title should be “Secret Woid” 7:56 AM
  • Krunoslav: Ingpen had many artistic crimes, but I personally would not place Shirley-Quirk̵ 7;s... 7:20 AM
  • armerjacquino: She’s not the keeper of a sacred flame. She’s a woman with a job. Maybe sometimes... 7:19 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: Well Fleming sounds gross there but better for this kind of venue that suits her personality... 7:14 AM
  • armerjacquino: Operadunce, parterre is a great place to be so long as you remember never to speak in favour... 7:08 AM

Love is only love

“Of the two love stories that unfolded at David et Jonathas Wednesday night, it’s hard to say which was more moving: biblical hero David’s affection for his childhood friend—or the passion Les Arts Florissants lavished on this obscure but delectable work.” [New York Post]

• bergbag says:

It was simple and beautiful. I enjoyed Mr. Christie’s elegant fingers and red socks as well.

• Constantine A. Papas says:

Very enlightening review. Talking about reviews, has anybody read today’s NY Times critique of Vienna State’s opera production of Eugene O? Apparently, singing in the missionary position has become one of Netrebko’s trademarks!

• Often admonished says:

from New York: “New York Post Editor Apologizes, Unwittingly, for Terrible Coverage”

anything to do with you, JJ?

Has anyone heard from Poison Ivy? I do hope she is well.

I am sorry this is in the wrong thread but I did not want it buried in the overloaded Intermission thread.

This is a thread entitled “Love is only love” so it would appear correct to me as it is loving concern which prompted your concern. Her blog is back up--I came upon it par hasard a day or so ago. Let’s hope her job stays and it is admittedly a very difficult situation, but in the end, Ivy is too smart and, well, she will figure it out. We can all only hope so and wish her the health and happiness her young life is warranted.

Thank you Camille -- I shall try to reach her through the blog. I am glad it is back online -- good news anyway.

I was also pleased to see Ivy back on Twitter.