• PCally: Unfortunately I’ve never seen any of those ladies live but Jones and Studer (I can’t... 9:25 PM
  • Poison Ivy: One thing EMW does have that will work in her favor is a naturally sympathetic, warm stage... 9:07 PM
  • Bill: Westbroek may have the prerequisite volume for Elisabeth, but the persistent wobble absolutely turns me... 8:52 PM
  • PCally: I think Elisabeth is actually the right way for her to go. It’s not a very loud role and sits... 8:04 PM
  • whiskey per tutti: I’ve never understood what a “glassy̶ 1; tone is. Definition? YouTube... 6:46 PM
  • PCally: I still think she has the potential to be an excellent Elisabeth next season, dramatically... 5:19 PM
  • phoenix: ‘This is a classic case of NY getting her too late, when she was probably already past her... 4:58 PM
  • Buster: Bradic is indeed wonderful. She was in the ensemble in Antwerp a few years ago – saw her in... 4:30 PM
  • phoenix: I didn’t need another NYT Clinton endorsement, but read the article and enjoy it –... 4:29 PM
  • PushedUpMezzo: I was at one of the Dresden performances and she certainly convinced me. In fact, having heard... 4:16 PM

Wrong by wrong

The board of La Scala voted today to oust incoming general director Alexander Pereira at the end of his first season amid allegations of a conflict of interest. [AP]

A compromise has been reached, apparently, regarding Pereira: he stays in place for the upcoming season and the one after and he is supposed to leave in 2016. Then, vedremo…

Well, that’s an improvement at least.

…and also

Noi voleremo, -- Domanderemo,
      Ricercheremo, -- Ritroveremo.

• redbear says:

He’s smart to hang around. I suspect, when temperatures cool down and he starts to work, the possibility of him being extended is real. At Zurich, for example, his record is good (he spotted and nurtured the talent of some tenor named Kaufmann). He does need to have a credit card limit, however. Just ask Salzburg.

• Lady Abbado says:

The first pirate video of Gheorghiu at La Scala this evening is on Youtube (16 May recital):
    Io son l’umile ancella

• Poison Ivy says:

Well the sound quality is poor but she sounds unusually weak and she goes flat at the end of the aria. Not her best rendition.

Atroce mi chiamo“.

Angela, for pity’s sake, take a breath after “atroce” or they will be calling you atrocious.

• m. croche says:

Speaking of which, a reminder:

Sunday at 2 PM Eastern time there will be a live radio broadcast of Elektra from La Scala. Cast: Herlitzius, Pieczonka, Meier, Pape, Randle, Mazura [!], conducted by Salonen.

Link is here.