• La Cieca: httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=ByDb M9MY9ys 3:48 PM
  • alejandro: Come on, you know the only Golde is Renee! 3:37 PM
  • MontyNostry: I know you were just having fun, kashie, you are always a gent. 3:07 PM
  • kashania: Monty: I was just having fun. I’ve heard good things about Deshorties. I heard her just the... 2:59 PM
  • MontyNostry: That’s wicked, Kashie. Can I put in a good word for Deshorties – she was genuinely... 2:49 PM
  • MontyNostry: I saw her do Pierrot Lunaire at Wigmore Hall some years ago and she seemed to capture it pretty... 2:47 PM
  • MontyNostry: Exciting news from London: Javier Camarena replaces Stephen Costello in recital. http://www.wi... 2:35 PM
  • DonCarloFanatic: The Bayreuth Festspiele just sent me a letter regarding tickets next year. Unfortunately,... 2:35 PM
  • kashania: I just listened to the “O patria mia”, anti, and the high C doesn’t sound... 2:04 PM
  • kashania: Thank you, Milady. I do hate misidentifying high notes! 1:56 PM

Wrong by wrong

The board of La Scala voted today to oust incoming general director Alexander Pereira at the end of his first season amid allegations of a conflict of interest. [AP]

A compromise has been reached, apparently, regarding Pereira: he stays in place for the upcoming season and the one after and he is supposed to leave in 2016. Then, vedremo…

Well, that’s an improvement at least.

…and also

Noi voleremo, -- Domanderemo,
      Ricercheremo, -- Ritroveremo.

• redbear says:

He’s smart to hang around. I suspect, when temperatures cool down and he starts to work, the possibility of him being extended is real. At Zurich, for example, his record is good (he spotted and nurtured the talent of some tenor named Kaufmann). He does need to have a credit card limit, however. Just ask Salzburg.

• Lady Abbado says:

The first pirate video of Gheorghiu at La Scala this evening is on Youtube (16 May recital):
    Io son l’umile ancella

• Poison Ivy says:

Well the sound quality is poor but she sounds unusually weak and she goes flat at the end of the aria. Not her best rendition.

Atroce mi chiamo“.

Angela, for pity’s sake, take a breath after “atroce” or they will be calling you atrocious.

• m. croche says:

Speaking of which, a reminder:

Sunday at 2 PM Eastern time there will be a live radio broadcast of Elektra from La Scala. Cast: Herlitzius, Pieczonka, Meier, Pape, Randle, Mazura [!], conducted by Salonen.

Link is here.