• antikitschychick: not ‘an app’ but several in fact. 3:33 PM
  • antikitschychick: They now have an app for the on Demand. I downloaded it yesterday :-D. 3:33 PM
  • armerjacquino: Yep. I’m quite an advocate for Met on Demand- it’s really very good value for the library you get access to. 3:27 PM
  • Patrick Mack: The only reason the Met spreads out some of their telecasts to two dvd’s is so the bit rate his high and the they get... 3:24 PM
  • Signor Bruschino: I never thought that Madagascar was such an opera loving locale! The things you learn! Kidding aside, La Cieca’s... 3:11 PM
  • antikitschychick: thank you DDS :-). I appreciate your kind words and the fact that you read my post(s) (long doesn’t quite cut it... 2:57 PM
  • armerjacquino: Muffins with marmite and a coffee. 2:53 PM
  • La Cieca: I don’t think anyone is selling opera DVDs at $50. A lot of the Met new releases are done on two discs because of the... 2:52 PM

Red sauce

La Cieca has put her little grey cells to work and deduced that Opera Orchestra of New York will present two performances next season: Andrea Chenier on January 6, 2013 at Carnegie Hall, with Roberto Alagna in the title role; followed by I Lombardi on April 8 starring Angela Meade and Michael Fabiano (pictured). Both performances will be conducted by Alberto Veronesi.

• tiger1dk says:

Maybe Domingo should offer to sing Gerard -- he sings the aria often enough these days (and got favourable mention for it in Lodnon recently) and it would probably sell well with Alagna and him in the same show. It would be a way to make up for the farce/fiasco of this year Simon Boccanegra.

Cocky Kurwenal, why should Domingo be “taken to task” for NOT singing the Holländer (talking about a misguided idea)? It is not like he ever confirmed it or that the tickets were sold under the pretext that he would sing the part.

• Cocky Kurwenal says:

I thought it was originally slated for 2012, but I see that I remembered wrong- it was to be in 2013, in which case you are quite right- no sales will have yet been made on the strength of his involvement.

• tiger1dk says:

And I actually do not think Domingo’s involvement was ever to be found on any official Verona websites or his own website -- you would have to look pretty obscure places (like Parterre…) to find it.

Somehow, I can’t see Domingo wanting to play Gérard. He’s the most interesting character in the opera, but maybe too much of an almost-villain (and, ultimately, a loser) for Mr Good Guy Placido -- and without the tragic stature and title-role status of Rigoletto.

In case Eve needs a backup, the Family Pondman is always ready to step in

and Walter is already studying Chenier

and the family is heavily invested in projections

and Walther has learned Lohengrin in the original version with Saxophone

Not since Corelli has anyone mastered the Pondman technique for Manrico, which is superior to many singing in the big houses.

• Clita del Toro says:

Walter sounds as if he about to throw up when he sings, and I am about to barf as well. LOL