• Often admonished: She sang both soprano and mezzo parts for Abbado. At two separate performances, fortunately. 8:41 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: Ja danke. Klar, Freitag habe ich den Türken. :) 8:16 AM
  • Lohengrin: Zur Info: 27. November ist Donneestag. 8:08 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: OK dann am Freitag. Danke und viel Spaß. 8:03 AM
  • Lohengrin: Falls ich gemeint war: nein, erst am 27.Nov. Ansonsten Viiiiiiiiel Vergnügen heute! 7:51 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: Bleibst es dabei heute abend? Chocolate brown is the colour. :) Vor der Königsloge in der... 7:47 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: She also sang the Verdi Requiem :) which sort of counts. 6:44 AM
  • Krunoslav: Are you speaking of Jessye Norman? She sang Selika in L’AFRICANA ( Firenze, 1971) and Aida (... 6:25 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: Thanks DellaCasaFan. I do have an icon on my Handy that says Spotify so I will try it there.... 4:52 AM
  • Ruxxy: All kudos to Mr Fry – this documentary is incredibly good. 3:34 AM

Red sauce

La Cieca has put her little grey cells to work and deduced that Opera Orchestra of New York will present two performances next season: Andrea Chenier on January 6, 2013 at Carnegie Hall, with Roberto Alagna in the title role; followed by I Lombardi on April 8 starring Angela Meade and Michael Fabiano (pictured). Both performances will be conducted by Alberto Veronesi.

• tiger1dk says:

Maybe Domingo should offer to sing Gerard -- he sings the aria often enough these days (and got favourable mention for it in Lodnon recently) and it would probably sell well with Alagna and him in the same show. It would be a way to make up for the farce/fiasco of this year Simon Boccanegra.

Cocky Kurwenal, why should Domingo be “taken to task” for NOT singing the Holländer (talking about a misguided idea)? It is not like he ever confirmed it or that the tickets were sold under the pretext that he would sing the part.

• Cocky Kurwenal says:

I thought it was originally slated for 2012, but I see that I remembered wrong- it was to be in 2013, in which case you are quite right- no sales will have yet been made on the strength of his involvement.

• tiger1dk says:

And I actually do not think Domingo’s involvement was ever to be found on any official Verona websites or his own website -- you would have to look pretty obscure places (like Parterre…) to find it.

Somehow, I can’t see Domingo wanting to play Gérard. He’s the most interesting character in the opera, but maybe too much of an almost-villain (and, ultimately, a loser) for Mr Good Guy Placido -- and without the tragic stature and title-role status of Rigoletto.

In case Eve needs a backup, the Family Pondman is always ready to step in

and Walter is already studying Chenier

and the family is heavily invested in projections

and Walther has learned Lohengrin in the original version with Saxophone

Not since Corelli has anyone mastered the Pondman technique for Manrico, which is superior to many singing in the big houses.

• Clita del Toro says:

Walter sounds as if he about to throw up when he sings, and I am about to barf as well. LOL