• PCally: Armer, I guess I’m being dense, but do you mind clarifying that? 8:33 AM
  • armerjacquino: “what did you think of Wilson?” Shhhh! *looks around nervously* 8:30 AM
  • PCally: Buster, have you heard her Governess? She recorded the opera with Colin Davis I believe and while I’ve heard mixed things... 8:11 AM
  • PCally: Camille, what did you think of Wilson? She sings the role quite a bit but it sounds like she was underwhelming. 8:08 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: Anti if you come bring Camille along with you. I will make Kaffee und Kuchen for you both here. Or if unbearably hot then... 7:56 AM
  • armerjacquino: Hey, can anyone give me a hand resetting this trap? 5:11 AM
  • Lohengrin: JK sang these songs (“Du bist die Welt für mich”-CD)in the first half 2015 all over Europa. The event with Domingo... 3:37 AM
  • NPW-Paris: A tip if on a tight budget: people sometimes forget that Europe has buses. 3:08 AM

“Dispettosetto questo riccio!”

La Cieca supposes that maybe the reason Angela Gheorghiu doesn’t include any music from Manon Lescaut on her new “Homage to Callas” CD is that she can’t quite identify with the character?

• judycadanna says:

I’ve seen this look before. Who did it first? Oh, yes…

Are they real?

• WeillFan says:

According to BBC Radio 4, Angela Gheorghiu cancelled a scheduled interview today with the program “Front Row” (presumably to talk about her new CD). Simon Keenlyside was going to be a replacement to talk about his new CD, but he had to postpone the interview due to a cold.
    So the folks at “Front Row” ended bringing in “Consultant laryngologist John Rubin, voice coach Mary King and soprano Elizabeth Watts [to] discuss the problems singers face, and how they can avoid them.”

Actually, that hair spray they use in Bucharest is quite good for Angela. She has always had problems fixing her hair just right ad that was quite sophisticated.

• Ruxxy says:

Nothing like a nice set of Tupperware tits.

• Oy vey, that clip is awful. She kinda reminds me of Faye Dunaway in one of her worst performances (most of them), like Arizona Dream or something.

• poisonivy says:

I find her kind of endearing. Like I wouldn’t want to be a GM of an opera house and have to deal with her, but she’s always struck me as more kooky and goofy than anything else.

Just wait until they make her the Director of the opera in Bucharest!

• semira mide says:

That job should go to Nelly Miricioiu,who at least knows the difference between an artist and a star -- with the rare exception when they coincide.

• Adalgisa says:

I had completely missed that Bolshoi concert.
    a) I am disgusted that an “international” star has the nerve to present herself on such an occasion singing from sheet music. AG should be ashamed of herself.
    b) Her boobs are substantial and did not defy the laws of gravity. My guess would be that she’s just hired a new bra artist.

c) It totally eludes my why an opera house is opened with a concert performance: I know, I know! Bits and pieces are easier to digest for Putin & co. But where’s Bolshoi’s pride gone?

• brooklynpunk says:

“But where’s Bolshoi’s pride gone?”

….Probably into the same “mysterious” pit that the billions of “cost-over-run” Rubles “disappeared” into…?

There was an interesting feature on The BBC 4 show “NewsHour” a couple of days ago, about the renovation and Gala Concert, which painted a slightly unflattering portrait of the current scene,at The Bolshoi….

• A. Poggia Turra says:

Of course, both Copenhagen (2005) and Oslo (2008) opened their new houses with gala concerts (I watched the latter concert streamed live on NRK):

Anja might not flash her boobs around quite like Ange does, but she’s also a fine-looking woman.

• Bluessweet says:

Can we still post photos? I want to post a young Angela….

• Bluessweet says:

Well, it’s been a half hour and no one has ‘splianed if I can just load a picture, so, here is another You tube clip. The singing is the same ad Manouo posted but this version does not have the live video. A much younger woman with a much less developed figure is dipicted. Can we assume that angela has , like Topsy,”jest growed”?

• Bluessweet says:

Wish I could type.

Bluessweet, when one (a woman, in most cases) grows older and gains weight, one’s boobs become larger.
        The dress and photo angle count too. Here is young Angie:

• Le Jester says:

Well, I think she has an absolutely fabulous pair of boobies and I think they are real. Besides, even if she had them done, only a cad would be so rude as to point that out to her. A true gentleman would sing their praises to her everlasting delight.

• Pelleas says:

That picture had me thinking “love child of Lainie Kazan and Linda Lavin.” I realize I am probably alone in that.

• midas says:

Has anybody seen this piece of fluff at the London Guardian:

• Krunoslav says:

Sorry, Angela… indeed, “C’est l’autre que je prefere…”

What colossal gall…

At least she had to stick to Callas’ relatively sprightly tempo for the Habanera. I suspect Ange might prefer a more Jessye-like pace, given the opportunity. Interesting to see how Ange is making sure she does sexy, while Maria stands there like a figure from a genre painting.

• A. Poggia Turra says:

I wonder how old this one was: