• dr.malatempra: Oh, for heaven’s sake. How can you possibly know before you go??? Yes, you may not, but... 12:29 AM
  • williams: Argh! Wrong place. Lead balloon is aloft. 12:15 AM
  • williams: Rowna-just beautiful and so are you. 12:10 AM
  • williams: I had a case of mild golf clap back in the 70′s 12:03 AM
  • zinka: httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=xAEk rBbEELo I will be there Tues..but I KNOW I will hear absolutely... 12:00 AM
  • zinka: httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=uVcV SEa_Ooo I cannot fault Gelb any longer..After careful... 11:56 PM
  • Poison Ivy: WOZZECK!!!! 11:49 PM
  • -Ed.: I am unfamiliar with the squash blossom, laddie. I do know that a stunning emerald necklace, properly... 11:36 PM
  • Hey Louie: It’s hard to believe that the audience was so taken by her physical gifts alone that they... 11:34 PM
  • Batty Masetto: More power to them, but it’s hard to know where it can lead when the market research... 11:24 PM

tick… tick… chat

UPDATE: Looks like Guleghina’s going on (no big surprise, that). Chat is on for 7:30 as mentioned before.

If Maria Guleghina is going to cancel tonight’s Turandot (following up on “bronchitis” privately announced at the dress where she marked the role) the announcement from the Met should come shortly after 5:00 pm (five minutes from now). If we make it to 5:30 with no announcement, that means for sure she’s going on.

Either way, tonight’s chat about the Turandot broadcast will begin right here at parterre.com at 7:30 pm. Be there!

• tannengrin says:

‘marked’ the role? don’t tell me she peed on stage?!? My darling doggie marks, but only outside!

I think that perhaps Ghulegina is actually sick. Based on recent performances (Adriana and Lady M), I seriously doubt that Turandot is beyond her. Her voice is in decline but the pace isn’t that rapid.

• 79CXR says:

Mr Gelb joining Mags J in the intermission this evening, email those questions in.

• squirrel says:

hey rommie, you on here? ask him about Boheme again! :) :)

• Claudia4Ever says:

heading over to the Met for adult beverages then Turandot…will be interesting to see who’s the Big T :-)

• Uninvolved Bystander says:

Why do I think that Peter Gelb being an intermission guest means that he will make a pre-curtain appearance to beg the audience’s indulgence for Ms. Guleghena’s indispostion?

I’m a Philadelphian so I’ll be watching the series but I’ll record it on Sirius and see if my suspicion is correct.

• 79CXR says:

A bird tells me she out, Lise Lindstrom in.

• squirrel says:

why would someone run their career this way, over-singing and not learning parts properly, only to limp through a dress and then be embarrassingly sidelined …. ?