• Lady Abbado: Norma with Cerquetti and Corelli, Rome 1958: httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=t-GN MbNwOII 4:32 PM
  • phoenix: no intention here of trying to upstage Marty Sohl or Nina Stemme, but in the name of esoterica, I must alert all that... 12:24 PM
  • jackoh: Well, there at least they could die in a real desert. 12:05 PM
  • phoenix: simple – when they get kicked out of that abysmal New Orleans, put ’em on a wagon train going west on the southern... 11:42 AM
  • gustave of montreal: In 1945 Hitler and his wife, Eva, committed suicide in Berlin. Is he still burning in purgatory ? 11:30 AM
  • jackoh: How could we abandon the place where Manon died? 11:23 AM
  • operablogger: Doesn’t matter — I don’t think Jefferson saved the receipt. 10:48 AM
  • m. croche: Born on this day in 1885, Futurist noisemaker Luigi Russolo. httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=l0QV o-smRSo 10:19 AM

tick… tick… chat

UPDATE: Looks like Guleghina’s going on (no big surprise, that). Chat is on for 7:30 as mentioned before.

If Maria Guleghina is going to cancel tonight’s Turandot (following up on “bronchitis” privately announced at the dress where she marked the role) the announcement from the Met should come shortly after 5:00 pm (five minutes from now). If we make it to 5:30 with no announcement, that means for sure she’s going on.

Either way, tonight’s chat about the Turandot broadcast will begin right here at parterre.com at 7:30 pm. Be there!

• 1
    tannengrin says:

‘marked’ the role? don’t tell me she peed on stage?!? My darling doggie marks, but only outside!

• 2
    kashania says:

I think that perhaps Ghulegina is actually sick. Based on recent performances (Adriana and Lady M), I seriously doubt that Turandot is beyond her. Her voice is in decline but the pace isn’t that rapid.

• 3
    79CXR says:

Mr Gelb joining Mags J in the intermission this evening, email those questions in.

• 4
    squirrel says:

hey rommie, you on here? ask him about Boheme again! :) :)

• 5
    Claudia4Ever says:

heading over to the Met for adult beverages then Turandot…will be interesting to see who’s the Big T :-)

• 6
    Uninvolved Bystander says:

Why do I think that Peter Gelb being an intermission guest means that he will make a pre-curtain appearance to beg the audience’s indulgence for Ms. Guleghena’s indispostion?

I’m a Philadelphian so I’ll be watching the series but I’ll record it on Sirius and see if my suspicion is correct.

• 7
    79CXR says:

A bird tells me she out, Lise Lindstrom in.

• 8
    squirrel says:

why would someone run their career this way, over-singing and not learning parts properly, only to limp through a dress and then be embarrassingly sidelined …. ?