• Krunoslav: No personal malice towards you or your passée diva. I just think her a career-long poor stylist outside of mozart, J, Strauss... 7:26 PM
  • gustave of montreal: That very interesting to read is. 6:40 PM
  • kashania: The more opera lovers up here, the better! :) 6:12 PM
  • NPW-Paris: Did he say that? Interesting. It may hold a clue to my own reactions to Bellini. 6:06 PM
  • Poison Ivy: Opolais will sing Nov 21, Dec 7 and 10 5:34 PM
  • Niel Rishoi: Well you know Bellini once said “Opera, through singing, must make one weep, shudder and die.” So I have an... 5:20 PM
  • Signor Bruschino: Netrebko pulling out of 3 of the Manon Lescauts this fall- Opolais taking over as replacement the Met announced today 5:17 PM
  • Flora del Rio Grande: leosweill. . .and no voice. At this point Mme G is pure (?) camp! 4:50 PM

Faces of mirth

La Cieca’s old, old, old friend Dorothy Bishop, recently interviewed in Opera News, brings her “Dozen Divas” show to NYC’s Metropolitan Room April 30 and May 5.

• 1
    Camille says:

Oh, good for her. I like her for she is very talented and she works her ass off to give a good show.

Also love the Sarah Palin thing. Better than whats-her-name’s.

In bocca al lupo, Dorotea della Metropolitan!

• 2
    Spen says:

Hahaha oh I like this very much! 0:56 -- 1:23 haha.

• 3
    CwbyLA says:

Does Dorothy Bishop do an impression of Bartoli? That would be funny!

• 3.1
      MontyNostry says:

These days, Bartoli does an impression of Bartoli.

• 3.1.1
        Avantialouie says:

Yes, but Bartoli’s impressions of Bartoli are even better than the original thing.

• 3.1.2
        oedipe says:

Bartoli sang elegantly and was in great voice for her Desdemona at the TCE a couple of weeks ago.
        BTW, rumor has it she will do a staged production of Norma in Paris.

• 4
    perfidia says:

That is wicked! Her impression is so filthily good that I hope she is an uncanny mimic, because otherwise she must have spent hours listening to Fleming’s attempts at crossover. I don’t wish that on anyone. Well, maybe on Sean Hannity and his ilk.