• "“Thirty-five is a very attractive age. London society is full of women of the..." - turings
  • "If I wore my hair like yours I’d be bald." - armerjacquino
  • "I didn’t mean Zinka Miilanov. As to: “Now..who has hit a FABULOUS note..." - Krunoslav
  • "I meant the question in the Vera Charles spirit." - Krunoslav
  • "I dunno – my perpetually nerdy inner teenager was kind of thrilled ;) That’d be..." - turings
  • "Yes….Had one heard only Zinka’ famousnote./..you KNEW she was a sensational..." - zinka
  • "I took a punt and got it wrong. In fact, when I saw TWO BOYS in June 2011 I had..." - armerjacquino
  • "How long have you been 39?" - Krunoslav

Faces of mirth

La Cieca’s old, old, old friend Dorothy Bishop, recently interviewed in Opera News, brings her “Dozen Divas” show to NYC’s Metropolitan Room April 30 and May 5.

Oh, good for her. I like her for she is very talented and she works her ass off to give a good show.

Also love the Sarah Palin thing. Better than whats-her-name’s.

In bocca al lupo, Dorotea della Metropolitan!

• Spen says:

Hahaha oh I like this very much! 0:56 -- 1:23 haha.

• CwbyLA says:

Does Dorothy Bishop do an impression of Bartoli? That would be funny!

These days, Bartoli does an impression of Bartoli.

• Avantialouie says:

Yes, but Bartoli’s impressions of Bartoli are even better than the original thing.

Bartoli sang elegantly and was in great voice for her Desdemona at the TCE a couple of weeks ago.
        BTW, rumor has it she will do a staged production of Norma in Paris.

• perfidia says:

That is wicked! Her impression is so filthily good that I hope she is an uncanny mimic, because otherwise she must have spent hours listening to Fleming’s attempts at crossover. I don’t wish that on anyone. Well, maybe on Sean Hannity and his ilk.