• Pia Ngere-Liu: My aunt was once walking out of a performance of Der Rosenkavalier when she overheard one elderly lady telling her friend:... 12:44 AM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: The links for the astonishing new Covent Garden LUCIA are on the Russian site. Lucia and Edgardo are having... 12:36 AM
  • Poison Ivy: The Decker Traviata stage is raked. The first year Marina Poplavskaya walked the raked stage without stockings and in 5 inch... 11:43 PM
  • pirelli: That stage didn’t need to be raked, it needed to be bulldozed. 10:19 PM
  • DeepSouthSenior: For the ultimate in multipurpose use of a raked stage, how about the slalom races on The Machine in the Lepage Ring? 10:14 PM
  • pirelli: “Should [Levine] have read something into the the on-stage projections of the Chereau production? Klytemnestra would... 10:13 PM
  • pirelli: But in the case of Satyagraha, the titles were sporadic – just hints of some of the text, not a complete set of titles as... 10:05 PM
  • Satisfied: House of the Dead, Lulu. 9:58 PM

A pair of kings

Opera Teen (pictured) approves of this summer’s program at the Glimmerglass Festival.

• 1
    phoenix says:

Thanks for linking your reviews over here. Fine detail.
    -- I haven’t seen any updates since the June 20 press release announcing the 2014 season. On http://www.glimmerglass.org the links to the 2014 season announcement originally placed in the site’s home page when I checked the site after Goerke’s cancellation early this August. I wonder if Goerke is still going to be “Artist in Residence” in 2014? If so, I hope her “Residence” is fully air-conditioned (unlike Alice’s insufferable Busch).

• 2
    zinka says:

Operateen is a kind of “re=incarnation’ of ME…but I am shamed next to his genius…well,I never had Internet..and only 78 r.p.m. discs at 16/..(Remember 78’s??Remember the Ring???)

The more operateens we have…the fewer Justin Bieber fans.

• 3
    grimoaldo says:

Glad you enjoyed Un Giorno di Regno, operateen. It is indeed a delightful work. And you are quite right to commend Zambello for her audience interaction.
    Sorry, but I skipped the bit about “Camelot” -- “Parsifal without the jokes”, in Noel Coward’s devastating one liner after the first night of the original production.

• 4
    Quanto Painy Fakor says:

I hope Opera Teen’s teachers are giving him extra credit for his fine coverge of Glimmerglass. NOTE to Opera Teen: for a wider readership and presence on the internet, you might want to contact Lawrence A. Johnson, who is setting up the NYC edition of his great websites The Classical Review. He might be looking for people to cover events.

• 5
    La Valkyrietta says:

• 6
    Quanto Painy Fakor says:

at 1:32 famous diva questions Opera Teen

• 6.1
      MontyNostry says:

Ooh, I do love a bit of thrusting, impartial reporting from a national TV station. DG couldn’t have paid for a better plug for their product.

• 7
    Quanto Painy Fakor says:

Finally a good print of this famous performance

• 8
    zinka says:

Be aware that Operateen, Ira Siff, La Cieca, and I..have DIRECT CONTACT with Soviero,Millo,Olivero,Zeani,and scotto..we will take over the coaching at the Met so we can have a few singers who know what Muzio did to make her special..Today they “sing notes.”

I will also have my usual seance tonight and ask Favero if she agrees…..