• PCally: Moore was excellent and had a super high c. But I think Harteros has the more distinct voice and... 11:21 AM
  • Archaeopteryx: Don’t know about his Radames, but Kunde was an excellent Manrico at the Fenice last... 11:19 AM
  • aulus agerius: I don’t hear Margaret or Leontyne in there. But there do seem to be a lot of dead... 11:17 AM
  • perfidia: Price? 10:50 AM
  • aulus agerius: I don’t ‘know’ any of them except Caballe. My favorites are 17 (Milanov?)... 10:41 AM
  • Poison Ivy: So here you go. httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=rs5n -U7t61I 10:38 AM
  • aulus agerius: I did not hear Harteros’ as that bad – certainly not like a cat with it’s... 10:23 AM
  • Krunoslav: Any selection omitting Hammond and Rutter is not worth one’s time. 10:18 AM
  • pavel: Listening to all those clips just makes me wonder: is there anyone who does not come off the rails a... 10:17 AM
  • m. croche: Happy Birthday to Alexander Goedicke. Natasha’s Romance from “At the CrossroadsR... 10:16 AM

A pair of kings

Opera Teen (pictured) approves of this summer’s program at the Glimmerglass Festival.

• phoenix says:

Thanks for linking your reviews over here. Fine detail.
    - I haven’t seen any updates since the June 20 press release announcing the 2014 season. On http://www.glimmerglass.org the links to the 2014 season announcement originally placed in the site’s home page when I checked the site after Goerke’s cancellation early this August. I wonder if Goerke is still going to be “Artist in Residence” in 2014? If so, I hope her “Residence” is fully air-conditioned (unlike Alice’s insufferable Busch).

• zinka says:

Operateen is a kind of “re=incarnation’ of ME…but I am shamed next to his genius…well,I never had Internet..and only 78 r.p.m. discs at 16/..(Remember 78′s??Remember the Ring???)

The more operateens we have…the fewer Justin Bieber fans.

• grimoaldo says:

Glad you enjoyed Un Giorno di Regno, operateen. It is indeed a delightful work. And you are quite right to commend Zambello for her audience interaction.
    Sorry, but I skipped the bit about “Camelot” -- “Parsifal without the jokes”, in Noel Coward’s devastating one liner after the first night of the original production.

I hope Opera Teen’s teachers are giving him extra credit for his fine coverge of Glimmerglass. NOTE to Opera Teen: for a wider readership and presence on the internet, you might want to contact Lawrence A. Johnson, who is setting up the NYC edition of his great websites The Classical Review. He might be looking for people to cover events.

• La Valkyrietta says:

at 1:32 famous diva questions Opera Teen

Ooh, I do love a bit of thrusting, impartial reporting from a national TV station. DG couldn’t have paid for a better plug for their product.

Finally a good print of this famous performance

• zinka says:

Be aware that Operateen, Ira Siff, La Cieca, and I..have DIRECT CONTACT with Soviero,Millo,Olivero,Zeani,and scotto..we will take over the coaching at the Met so we can have a few singers who know what Muzio did to make her special..Today they “sing notes.”

I will also have my usual seance tonight and ask Favero if she agrees…..