• Feldmarschallin: Well no cancellation at yesterday’s Lucia Premiere: https://www.staats oper.de/index... 5:20 AM
  • armerjacquino: From an outside perspective, it was the forward planning that was most impressive to me when I... 3:52 AM
  • Lohengrin: I think the regular program was Lied von der Erde, they did it later on. 2:29 AM
  • mia apulia: thank you for a lovely evening after a most difficult day 1:51 AM
  • mia apulia: This recording is a pleasure on many counts, but not the least is that is the way we would like... 1:46 AM
  • La Cieca: You’re an idiot. Shape up, because idiots don’t stay welcome on parterre for long. 1:09 AM
  • Rackon: That was Kaufmann and Christopher Maltman. Although the concert was officially cancelled some folks... 1:05 AM
  • Camille: This is actually quite useful information and appreciate the time you took to explain these fine... 12:19 AM
  • Camille: Don’t be sorry—I’m not sorry I didn’t notice the eunuch. I don’t pay much... 12:05 AM
  • operaassport: If you think the Govs of 7 states have inside weather info you can’t get by watching the... 11:15 PM

A pair of kings

Opera Teen (pictured) approves of this summer’s program at the Glimmerglass Festival.

• phoenix says:

Thanks for linking your reviews over here. Fine detail.
    - I haven’t seen any updates since the June 20 press release announcing the 2014 season. On http://www.glimmerglass.org the links to the 2014 season announcement originally placed in the site’s home page when I checked the site after Goerke’s cancellation early this August. I wonder if Goerke is still going to be “Artist in Residence” in 2014? If so, I hope her “Residence” is fully air-conditioned (unlike Alice’s insufferable Busch).

• zinka says:

Operateen is a kind of “re=incarnation’ of ME…but I am shamed next to his genius…well,I never had Internet..and only 78 r.p.m. discs at 16/..(Remember 78′s??Remember the Ring???)

The more operateens we have…the fewer Justin Bieber fans.

• grimoaldo says:

Glad you enjoyed Un Giorno di Regno, operateen. It is indeed a delightful work. And you are quite right to commend Zambello for her audience interaction.
    Sorry, but I skipped the bit about “Camelot” -- “Parsifal without the jokes”, in Noel Coward’s devastating one liner after the first night of the original production.

I hope Opera Teen’s teachers are giving him extra credit for his fine coverge of Glimmerglass. NOTE to Opera Teen: for a wider readership and presence on the internet, you might want to contact Lawrence A. Johnson, who is setting up the NYC edition of his great websites The Classical Review. He might be looking for people to cover events.

• La Valkyrietta says:

at 1:32 famous diva questions Opera Teen

Ooh, I do love a bit of thrusting, impartial reporting from a national TV station. DG couldn’t have paid for a better plug for their product.

Finally a good print of this famous performance

• zinka says:

Be aware that Operateen, Ira Siff, La Cieca, and I..have DIRECT CONTACT with Soviero,Millo,Olivero,Zeani,and scotto..we will take over the coaching at the Met so we can have a few singers who know what Muzio did to make her special..Today they “sing notes.”

I will also have my usual seance tonight and ask Favero if she agrees…..