• quoth the maven: Um, there’s a bit of a difference between the operations of the Minnesota Opera and... 8:16 PM
  • thirdlady: i am not sure what you mean by “handsome,&# 8221; in terms of the visual aspects of the... 8:14 PM
  • oedipe: But see, I am not sure that in terms of box office the Carsen production was more successful than... 8:03 PM
  • Stendhal: Thanks – I’d like to follow your logic through. “the cost naturally increases... 8:02 PM
  • Cicciabella: Thank you for giving us your take on the matter, Kashania. I understand why you are pessimistic... 8:00 PM
  • steveac10: Mostly dead on and fairly dispassionate. On a second note – UNION USHERS?!!! In my college... 7:59 PM
  • Rowna: oops – i only put in 9 – well there are many others that could be retired for at least a... 7:57 PM
  • kashania: As a fan of the Carsen production, it wasn’t exactly at the top of my list of productions to... 7:46 PM
  • Batty Masetto: What about trying a different browser? It’s right there in both Safari and Firefox for... 7:36 PM
  • thirdlady: yes, true, and sorry! but regardless of the personal issues, i still don’t understand why... 7:32 PM

A pair of kings

Opera Teen (pictured) approves of this summer’s program at the Glimmerglass Festival.

• phoenix says:

Thanks for linking your reviews over here. Fine detail.
    - I haven’t seen any updates since the June 20 press release announcing the 2014 season. On http://www.glimmerglass.org the links to the 2014 season announcement originally placed in the site’s home page when I checked the site after Goerke’s cancellation early this August. I wonder if Goerke is still going to be “Artist in Residence” in 2014? If so, I hope her “Residence” is fully air-conditioned (unlike Alice’s insufferable Busch).

• zinka says:

Operateen is a kind of “re=incarnation’ of ME…but I am shamed next to his genius…well,I never had Internet..and only 78 r.p.m. discs at 16/..(Remember 78′s??Remember the Ring???)

The more operateens we have…the fewer Justin Bieber fans.

• grimoaldo says:

Glad you enjoyed Un Giorno di Regno, operateen. It is indeed a delightful work. And you are quite right to commend Zambello for her audience interaction.
    Sorry, but I skipped the bit about “Camelot” -- “Parsifal without the jokes”, in Noel Coward’s devastating one liner after the first night of the original production.

I hope Opera Teen’s teachers are giving him extra credit for his fine coverge of Glimmerglass. NOTE to Opera Teen: for a wider readership and presence on the internet, you might want to contact Lawrence A. Johnson, who is setting up the NYC edition of his great websites The Classical Review. He might be looking for people to cover events.

• La Valkyrietta says:

at 1:32 famous diva questions Opera Teen

Ooh, I do love a bit of thrusting, impartial reporting from a national TV station. DG couldn’t have paid for a better plug for their product.

Finally a good print of this famous performance

• zinka says:

Be aware that Operateen, Ira Siff, La Cieca, and I..have DIRECT CONTACT with Soviero,Millo,Olivero,Zeani,and scotto..we will take over the coaching at the Met so we can have a few singers who know what Muzio did to make her special..Today they “sing notes.”

I will also have my usual seance tonight and ask Favero if she agrees…..