• decotodd: Yes the audiences at LA Opera are generally younger and more diverse than the HD crowd at my theater, too (Beverly Hills/Century... 7:29 PM
  • fletcher: I go to almost every Met HD broadcast in downtown Los Angeles. I’m always the only one there under 30, usually under 40,... 7:13 PM
  • armerjacquino: The audiences at the Met HDs I’ve been to in London have been largely in their 30s and 40s. 6:46 PM
  • javier: this is great news. 6:21 PM
  • EarlyRomantic: In a separate thread yesterday, I wrote about the Trovatore HD transmission (which I enjoyed and which, by the way, was my... 5:51 PM
  • armerjacquino: That’s a shame about Serjan. I have a live recording of her in the role under Muti and she’s terrific. 5:33 PM
  • parpignol: stumbled into Vienna Macbeth prima this evening, and really appreciated again how great the Trovatore at the Met was last week;... 5:24 PM
  • antikitschychick: Thank you messa di voce :-). Still have to write about Anna Bolena and Turandot. Hope to get it done by tonight.... 4:15 PM

A pair of kings

Opera Teen (pictured)¬†approves of this summer’s program at the Glimmerglass Festival.

• phoenix says:

Thanks for linking your reviews over here. Fine detail.
    - I haven’t seen any updates since the June 20 press release announcing the 2014 season. On the links to the 2014 season announcement originally placed in the site’s home page when I checked the site after Goerke’s cancellation early this August. I wonder if Goerke is still going to be “Artist in Residence” in 2014? If so, I hope her “Residence” is fully air-conditioned (unlike Alice’s insufferable Busch).

• zinka says:

Operateen is a kind of “re=incarnation’ of ME…but I am shamed next to his genius…well,I never had Internet..and only 78 r.p.m. discs at 16/..(Remember 78′s??Remember the Ring???)

The more operateens we have…the fewer Justin Bieber fans.

• grimoaldo says:

Glad you enjoyed Un Giorno di Regno, operateen. It is indeed a delightful work. And you are quite right to commend Zambello for her audience interaction.
    Sorry, but I skipped the bit about “Camelot” -- “Parsifal without the jokes”, in Noel Coward’s devastating one liner after the first night of the original production.

I hope Opera Teen’s teachers are giving him extra credit for his fine coverge of Glimmerglass. NOTE to Opera Teen: for a wider readership and presence on the internet, you might want to contact Lawrence A. Johnson, who is setting up the NYC edition of his great websites The Classical Review. He might be looking for people to cover events.

• La Valkyrietta says:

at 1:32 famous diva questions Opera Teen

Ooh, I do love a bit of thrusting, impartial reporting from a national TV station. DG couldn’t have paid for a better plug for their product.

Finally a good print of this famous performance

• zinka says:

Be aware that Operateen, Ira Siff, La Cieca, and I..have DIRECT CONTACT with Soviero,Millo,Olivero,Zeani,and scotto..we will take over the coaching at the Met so we can have a few singers who know what Muzio did to make her special..Today they “sing notes.”

I will also have my usual seance tonight and ask Favero if she agrees…..