• grimoaldo: Yes we are interested Orion (some of us anyway) please report ( I hope manou will too)! 6:05 PM
  • grimoaldo: “CuirassR 21; is not a word you hear very often, it brings to my mind “This tight... 6:01 PM
  • Orion: Kashaniar, I read your comment with great interest, because I know that many people have the same... 5:58 PM
  • Stendhal: Your comment is a perfect example of ideological thinking that has become accepted as fact by... 5:54 PM
  • Cicciabella: She could take a fashion tip from Brünnhilde. This lovely cuirass only costs $525, peanuts for a... 5:16 PM
  • Orion: Not false Oedipe and Grimoaldo, when you are saying that European houses are proposing interesting and... 5:13 PM
  • Sanford: Nah. It’s cool. 5:06 PM
  • Camille: Severed? Like Anne Boleyn’s head? Hoping it was not a painful one and just a natural kind of... 5:05 PM
  • Sanford: Dell’arte and I have severed our relationship. But I’m singing chorus for Ballo with... 5:01 PM
  • Camille: Oh silly! She’s singing Marzelline on this one! Are you singing with Dell’Arte again... 4:59 PM

“But, doctor, all I came in for was an embolism…”

Placido Domingo Released From Hospital; Tenor Confirms He Will Sing Giovanna d’Arco” [Latinos Post]

Oh no.

He has to lay down that “If I rest, I rust” caca!

STAY HOME and take care of yourself, NoDo!!!!!!!!

I mean, it’s not even as if Giovanna d’Arco is one of Verdi’s better operas. And I do think the title role is a little high for him these days.

The way it’s written is very strange: “Domingo also revealed that he tried to cancel his upcoming performances of Verdi’s “Giovanna d’Arco” at the Salzburg Festival. However, festival coordinators told him that the baritone they planned to replace him with hadn’t learned the role. Domingo explained that he studied the role during the five days in the hospital after Salzburg urged him not cancel.”

They had better find a cover. No performance of any opera is worth risking Domingo’s health and longevity.
    For external use only:

That sounds like PR cover-up to me. Any (genuine) baritone would kill for a Salzburg date -- and it’s not a staged performance, is it?

I’m sorry Domingo has been ill, but he really doesn’t need to keep proving himself no matter what, or to put himself at risk for the sake of Mr Pereira or the waxworks in the Salzburg audience. We know he’s only human (and 70-something).

Mº Domingo look just wonderful here and his grandsons are beautiful too.

• zinka says:

Glad for him..but STOP THE VERDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know since my e mail is Placido21 (we were both born on Jan.21, although I am a legitimate baritone), a nice man wrote to “Placido” a ovely get-well post..it was affectionate..but I did have to tell him, “No soy Placido.”

• zinka says:

I was “unfriended” by a nutcase on Facebook just because I did not agree with Domingo singing baritone..We had had a nice friendship but some people think that if you “trash their divo/diva’ you cannot be a friend..It is not trashing..just a simple opinion…and that is a sick person.
    You now even despite my opinions of singers you love you still would not “unfriend’ me..or would you?????

• Please Placido,take care of yourself. You’ve got Operalia to attend to and conduct in August which isn’t so dar away. Slow way down for awhile.