• armerjacquino: Whoa there. ‘Matronly 217; doesn’t mean the same as ‘maternal 217;. 2:53 AM
  • armerjacquino: Shicoff was no slouch either. 2:52 AM
  • guy pacifica: Thanks for posting that snippet of Aria. A reminder that I must watch it again. There are some... 2:36 AM
  • Krunoslav: Croatia a/k/a Dalmatia produced several “ItalianR 17; opera singers, including Ester... 1:47 AM
  • Krunoslav: ‘When was last superb Rodolfo [--] Carreras???’ Fabiano is excellent, but I’ll... 1:24 AM
  • antikitschychick: goodness what a harsh review! Poor Joseph Calleja is reduced to a Teddy Bear…and... 12:35 AM
  • DellaCasaFan: If it is 1914, then that small (and lovely) area on the Adriatic coast that is now Slovenian... 12:26 AM
  • zinka: http://www.handelm ania.com/mad.htm There is probably ONE PERSON here who knows if I have posted this... 10:42 PM
  • Camille: I seriously doubt it, as how many recordings would there be of this bewitching piece? What a... 10:42 PM
  • zinka: httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=9XXC Snqse54 I have this and the quartet on video..GREAT MAN!!!! It... 10:29 PM

I’ll see you in my streams

Coming up over the next two weekends: a pair of streamed video performances sure to provide plenty of chat fodder.

First up, Il trovatore from La Monnaie in the production by Dmitri Tcherniakov, conducted by Marc Minkowski. This pre-recorded video will become available starting at 2:00 PM on Saturday, July 7.

The following weekend boasts a live ”Oper für alle” webcast from the Bayerische Staatsoper of their new production of Götterdämmerung, as staged by Andreas Kriegenburg and conducted by Kent Nagano, featuring Nina Stemme as Brünnhilde. The performance begins at 11 AM EDT.

• Feldmarschallin says:

This Götterdämmerung should not be missed. I will be there and they are also showing it on a big screen for their annual Oper für Alle outside the opera house. Note the third performance starts at 17.00 and not 16.00 like the other two.

Please wave fo us, Feldmarschallin, so we know where and who you are. It will be nice to have a live representative of parterre to watch, for us to compare notes layer on.

Also coming up next week, the live webcast on July 12 at 3:30pm NY time of Le Nozze di Figaro from the Aix-en-Provence festival. With Patricia Petibon, Paolo Szot, Malin Byström, Kyle Ketelsen, Kate Lindsay:

• A. Poggia Turra says:

Hello from Aa flight 580 somewhere over Missouri … Just a mention that the ROH Les Troyens is to be streamed on The Space beginning tomorrow if you’re in the US you may or may not have access

• la vociaccia says:

Also Ciro in Babilonia at Caramoor on the 7th. I’ve had that circled on my calendar for nearly six months now. Can’t wait to hear Podles. Any other parterrians making the trip to Katonah this weekend?

• la vociaccia says:

Sorry for being OT I know this is a broadcasts thread and I’m not sure if Ciro will be streamed :(

• semira mide says:

Ciro will probably be broadcast live by Rai August 10th when it will be performed at the Rossini Opera Festival. Podles will be singing then as well.

• brooklynpunk says:

I am so glad that I learned that “Ciro” was being b’cast on RadioTre/Italia this August, as, while I would dearly love to see and hear it live, at Caramoor-- it does not look like that is gonna happen, for me, this year…..

Good, I am glad to know, for myself and for BP. Cannot do it and regret not having the opportunity to see or hear Podles in what may be one of her last manifestations here in the usa.

Thanks, semIra.

• Cocky Kurwenal says:

Podles will be back in the USA in January and February, doing La Marquise in Fille du Regiment at San Diego, with Vaness as the Duchess. One assumes her days on stage are numbered, but then again she’s just the thing for a great many of the decrepit old lady roles -- I’ve a feeling we’ll have plenty more occasions to see her.

• Lucky Pierre says:

sorry for the OT: whatever happened to the group opera-share on yahoogroups? it seems to have disappeared? i had in the past had problems contacting the group moderators. i understand it was a large group but they never seem to be responsive.

also, in parterre, the search function doesn’t seem to work, i did a search on opera-share and came up empty. i can’t imagine you folks never discussed this group before?

and are there any other alternatives to this group for sharing opera files?

• Sempre liberal says:

And the NY Philharmonic DG Act 1 finale from the Park Avenue Armory (a cavernous space that makes Royal Albert Hall seem like a closet).

Speaking of Royal Albert Hall, are there London Proms videocasts scheduled this summer?