• antikitschychick: not just for *my own petty reason that should say. 12:48 AM
  • antikitschychick: I sure hope so, and not just for own petty reason but for the sake of the doctor that was... 12:47 AM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: I’m sure it will be okay. 12:38 AM
  • antikitschychick: oh f**k. I didn’t know someone had tested positive in the NYC area…omg that... 12:14 AM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: Unless there’s an ebola quarantine in NYC by then. 11:55 PM
  • antikitschychick: oh is that next week? Interesting. I don’t think AN will cancel. She’s done... 11:46 PM
  • antikitschychick: DEAR GOD WHAT DID I JUST WITNESS…!!! Ya’ll need to download the videos ^^^. It... 11:43 PM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: Oh, my, Salgo gia (because what else and I don’t imagine only the aria... 11:26 PM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: The Goul will be singing from Nabucco and Netrebko some of Lady M. Sibilla decrepita, da... 11:06 PM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: What do you mean by your last sentence? 10:52 PM

O sink hernieder, Nacht der Pause

La Cieca’s still thinking about yesterday’s stellar performance by Anna Netrebko in I Capuleti e i Montecchi, but she’s willing to listen to discussion about off-topic and general interest subjects as well.

• Feldmarschallin says:

The new Siegfried which opens on Pfinstsonntag at BSO.
    Funny that Lance Ryan sounds Eastern European when speaking German and not CAnadian at all.
    So far this looks much better than Rheingold and Walküre and tomorrow I shall see the whole thing.

• WindyCityOperaman says:

Happy 91st (95th?) birthday soprano Inge Borkh

Happy 74th birthday soprano Teresa Stratas

also Happy 74th to composer William Bolcom

• Feldmarschallin says:

Well just back from the Cenerentola Hauptprobe where my dog plays in the storm scene. Di Donato and Brownlee both in great voice and they should both have a big sucess on Tuesday and at following performances. since I had to wait in the wings and was early I saw the whole performance and it was nice to be able to talk a few words to the soloists. It is the old Ponelle production and could probably have used a fwe more rehearsals but sometimes things gel by the time the performances happen.

Well, let’s just say the opera’s been renamed Canerentola.

• Feldmarschallin says:

Well she did better in the Boheme because the person who lead her there spent a few minutes getting to know her and walking with her. This man was very nice but just came over a minute before she was to go on and she was a little confused so she wouldnt walk and he then picked her up which worked too or had to work. We talked about it afterwards and I told him I think he should walk a little with her on Tuesday. But Joyce and Brownlee will be great.

• Feldmarschallin says:

BTW Exposito is very cute….is he also on the bus?