• louannd: Have been viewing snippets of his Otello (Rossini) on the Tube with Camarena as Rodrigo, different... 9:01 PM
  • La Valkyrietta: Luigi Alva is alive. 9:00 PM
  • yappy: Distinguished Parterreans, even in my more active days I used to be hardly more than a lurker and... 8:55 PM
  • mia apulia: here is nobody like Pavarotti WAS, there are lots of people like he now is 8:52 PM
  • Batty Masetto: As long as it doesn’t look like a Spanish onion, it’s all good. Otherwise you... 8:43 PM
  • armerjacquino: Your kid goes under the knife, your job as a dad is to be there. 8:40 PM
  • armerjacquino: Someone ought to tell the Teatro Regio, CG, La Scala la Monnaie, and TCE Paris- he’s... 8:38 PM
  • phoenix: Yes, it’s on Sirius tomorrow (Thursday) night. I’ve never heard Erin Wall before... 8:36 PM
  • operaassport: Terfel got flack because it was something like finger surgery. If it had been heart surgery no... 8:33 PM
  • operaassport: Terfel got flack because it was something like finger surgery. If it had been heart surgery no 8:33 PM

O sink hernieder, Nacht der Pause

La Cieca’s still thinking about yesterday’s stellar performance by Anna Netrebko in I Capuleti e i Montecchi, but she’s willing to listen to discussion about off-topic and general interest subjects as well.

• Feldmarschallin says:

The new Siegfried which opens on Pfinstsonntag at BSO.
    Funny that Lance Ryan sounds Eastern European when speaking German and not CAnadian at all.
    So far this looks much better than Rheingold and Walküre and tomorrow I shall see the whole thing.

• WindyCityOperaman says:

Happy 91st (95th?) birthday soprano Inge Borkh

Happy 74th birthday soprano Teresa Stratas

also Happy 74th to composer William Bolcom

• Feldmarschallin says:

Well just back from the Cenerentola Hauptprobe where my dog plays in the storm scene. Di Donato and Brownlee both in great voice and they should both have a big sucess on Tuesday and at following performances. since I had to wait in the wings and was early I saw the whole performance and it was nice to be able to talk a few words to the soloists. It is the old Ponelle production and could probably have used a fwe more rehearsals but sometimes things gel by the time the performances happen.

Well, let’s just say the opera’s been renamed Canerentola.

• Feldmarschallin says:

Well she did better in the Boheme because the person who lead her there spent a few minutes getting to know her and walking with her. This man was very nice but just came over a minute before she was to go on and she was a little confused so she wouldnt walk and he then picked her up which worked too or had to work. We talked about it afterwards and I told him I think he should walk a little with her on Tuesday. But Joyce and Brownlee will be great.

• Feldmarschallin says:

BTW Exposito is very cute….is he also on the bus?