• MontyNostry: The Montemezzi is a revival of a production from, I think, 2007. It was very exciting –... 3:20 AM
  • Krunoslav: Maureen Lehane has always been a favorite, and the clip you provide leads to some more SERSE... 2:20 AM
  • Henry Holland: Complete Franchetti operas: I saw Franchetti’s Germania in Berlin a few years ago. I... 1:37 AM
  • antikitschychick: FABULOUS PIECE!!! Thank you so much sharing this truly beautifully-writte n tribute to La... 1:08 AM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: I wonder where the outtakes for so many recordings are and if they will ever be... 12:50 AM
  • La Cieca: It’s not a mezzo aria; what the role wants is a Donna Elvira voice. I directed this show... 12:43 AM
  • Krunoslav: I know I’ve seen Marcellina’s aria done once onstage, and can’t recall where.... 12:29 AM
  • Buster: httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=7A5J IIUPSZ4 12:23 AM
  • La Cieca: httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=WwIi yeGE8qI 11:16 PM
  • ML: “seem to do just fine” This is like Cocky’s not noticing any memory lapse in 20 years... 11:16 PM

O sink hernieder, Nacht der Pause

La Cieca’s still thinking about yesterday’s stellar performance by Anna Netrebko in I Capuleti e i Montecchi, but she’s willing to listen to discussion about off-topic and general interest subjects as well.

• Feldmarschallin says:

The new Siegfried which opens on Pfinstsonntag at BSO.
    Funny that Lance Ryan sounds Eastern European when speaking German and not CAnadian at all.
    So far this looks much better than Rheingold and Walküre and tomorrow I shall see the whole thing.

• WindyCityOperaman says:

Happy 91st (95th?) birthday soprano Inge Borkh

Happy 74th birthday soprano Teresa Stratas

also Happy 74th to composer William Bolcom

• Feldmarschallin says:

Well just back from the Cenerentola Hauptprobe where my dog plays in the storm scene. Di Donato and Brownlee both in great voice and they should both have a big sucess on Tuesday and at following performances. since I had to wait in the wings and was early I saw the whole performance and it was nice to be able to talk a few words to the soloists. It is the old Ponelle production and could probably have used a fwe more rehearsals but sometimes things gel by the time the performances happen.

Well, let’s just say the opera’s been renamed Canerentola.

• Feldmarschallin says:

Well she did better in the Boheme because the person who lead her there spent a few minutes getting to know her and walking with her. This man was very nice but just came over a minute before she was to go on and she was a little confused so she wouldnt walk and he then picked her up which worked too or had to work. We talked about it afterwards and I told him I think he should walk a little with her on Tuesday. But Joyce and Brownlee will be great.

• Feldmarschallin says:

BTW Exposito is very cute….is he also on the bus?