• redbear: Did everyone see the link to the forum about the future of the San Diego Opera? It relates directly... 5:02 AM
  • Cicciabella: “Too old to sing opera”: no, you’re not! You sing well, and obviously enjoy... 4:55 AM
  • moritz: Rowna, no idea where this reply is going to show up, but that song was just beautiful and very... 4:18 AM
  • Regina delle fate: Graham Vick also did a fine Puritani for Devia in Venice. Must have been in the early... 3:57 AM
  • Regina delle fate: Actually, Scifisci, the Serban Welsh National Opera production, which Anderson sang at... 3:53 AM
  • Buster: Thank you for another smashing overview. Will start with all the French ones. 1:56 AM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: I had no idea she was that rich. 1:37 AM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: Damn, right, you won’t. Larry doesn’t scream like this. And why did Joan... 1:33 AM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: I haven’t seen more than the cabaletta. I will watch the duet. However, in... 1:13 AM
  • DeepSouthSenior: She slips and nearly falls flat on her pretty little face at 1:06. Now, that would have... 12:50 AM

O sink hernieder, Nacht der Pause

La Cieca’s still thinking about yesterday’s stellar performance by Anna Netrebko in I Capuleti e i Montecchi, but she’s willing to listen to discussion about off-topic and general interest subjects as well.

• Feldmarschallin says:

The new Siegfried which opens on Pfinstsonntag at BSO.
    Funny that Lance Ryan sounds Eastern European when speaking German and not CAnadian at all.
    So far this looks much better than Rheingold and Walküre and tomorrow I shall see the whole thing.

• WindyCityOperaman says:

Happy 91st (95th?) birthday soprano Inge Borkh

Happy 74th birthday soprano Teresa Stratas

also Happy 74th to composer William Bolcom

• Feldmarschallin says:

Well just back from the Cenerentola Hauptprobe where my dog plays in the storm scene. Di Donato and Brownlee both in great voice and they should both have a big sucess on Tuesday and at following performances. since I had to wait in the wings and was early I saw the whole performance and it was nice to be able to talk a few words to the soloists. It is the old Ponelle production and could probably have used a fwe more rehearsals but sometimes things gel by the time the performances happen.

Well, let’s just say the opera’s been renamed Canerentola.

• Feldmarschallin says:

Well she did better in the Boheme because the person who lead her there spent a few minutes getting to know her and walking with her. This man was very nice but just came over a minute before she was to go on and she was a little confused so she wouldnt walk and he then picked her up which worked too or had to work. We talked about it afterwards and I told him I think he should walk a little with her on Tuesday. But Joyce and Brownlee will be great.

• Feldmarschallin says:

BTW Exposito is very cute….is he also on the bus?