• papopera: The House of Greece is German, Prince Philip’s name is Slesvig-Holstein-S onderburg-Gluck... 11:40 AM
  • zinka: httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=1wiw YVL_GCU It was the evening of March 4, 1960. Leonard... 11:37 AM
  • pasavant: Where is here? 11:34 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: Her Donna Anna here was horrible but don’t know about Arabella. 11:26 AM
  • pasavant: Was at the Met yesterday for Arabella. What sublime music! Am thinking of going back this week for... 10:45 AM
  • Batty Masetto: I thought that was one of the best of the lot, Manou! 10:37 AM
  • Milady DeWinter: Flora – I think you may have mis-read my reaction to Guestroia’s comment on... 10:01 AM
  • Grane: They are my most trusted source for reading about musicians losing their instruments. ;) 9:19 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: You are welcome and you also have mail from me. Not what are you thinking but that will... 9:15 AM
  • Rackon: Thank you for the detailed report! This is one production I would dearly love to see, especially with... 9:10 AM

You will, David, you will

La Cieca hears that parterre fave David Daniels will get all eponymous and stuff for a world premiere opera entitled Oscar, based on the life of Oscar Wilde, for Santa Fe Opera in 2013, with Opera Company of Philadelphia to follow.  The work is to boast music by Theodore Morrison and a libretto and stage direction by John Cox.

• Nerva Nelli says:

Actually, *this* is the role David will be playing in OSCAR:

• Joe Conda says:

During my Peabody student days, Morrison was head of the choral department and gave me two of the most enriching musical experiences of my life -- singing Purcell’s Aeneas and solos in Britten’s Cantata Misericordium. He is a brilliant musician and great intellect. I never knew he was a composer and wish him a great success.

• Buster says:

If this is a hit they could perhaps revive Dorian Gray, which had Philip Langridge in it, and Roberta Alexander as Sybil Vane.

With this title post I could not resist, sorry:

• WindyCityOperaman says:

Daniels is a fine musician, but who knew that Oscar Wilde sounds like a fairy?!!!

• zinka says:

The reason (well,one of them) that I am a mess today is when I was 8 my ma took me “innocently” to see “The Picture of Dorian Gray” and I got so scared..(The picture was in COLOR in a B/W film)…I had nightmares even worse than when I dreamt of making love to Kurt Baum…..
    Will they show a scene from the scary novel in the opera??If so, who will play the portrait….Is Albert Innaurato available????

• zinka says:

Looking at Parterre ad..and not wanting to help La Cieca lose money….Zinka, my all-time fav.singer hits high notes like Vassilka Petrova…I was THERE!! Sony is so stupid…..