• luvtennis: Some miscellaneous thoughts. I just read a post on Opera L that states un-ironically, that... 4:15 PM
  • armerjacquino: Your post *is* a direct reply to LV- you can tell by the tabulation. If you had wanted to... 3:49 PM
  • overstimmelated: In reply to Feldmarschallin, isn’t that how the term’s always been used in... 3:48 PM
  • 98rsd: I never know where my post is going to go. I would have responded directly to LV if there had been a... 2:28 PM
  • 98rsd: or perhaps more than a bit… 2:25 PM
  • La Valkyrietta: Oh dear, had I known that my little post would be taken so seriously I would never have... 2:10 PM
  • MontyNostry: Is that Kevin Kline on the left in the Csárdásfürstin image too? 1:41 PM
  • Feldmarschallin: Well doesn’t every production have a Regisseur? In Europe one never says it is a... 1:15 PM
  • overstimmelated: “… it would be a reggie production” And a senseless one perhaps, but that... 12:49 PM
  • Feldmarschallin: Faites attention Manou. 12:28 PM

You will, David, you will

La Cieca hears that parterre fave David Daniels will get all eponymous and stuff for a world premiere opera entitled Oscar, based on the life of Oscar Wilde, for Santa Fe Opera in 2013, with Opera Company of Philadelphia to follow.  The work is to boast music by Theodore Morrison and a libretto and stage direction by John Cox.

• Nerva Nelli says:

Actually, *this* is the role David will be playing in OSCAR:

• Joe Conda says:

During my Peabody student days, Morrison was head of the choral department and gave me two of the most enriching musical experiences of my life -- singing Purcell’s Aeneas and solos in Britten’s Cantata Misericordium. He is a brilliant musician and great intellect. I never knew he was a composer and wish him a great success.

• Buster says:

If this is a hit they could perhaps revive Dorian Gray, which had Philip Langridge in it, and Roberta Alexander as Sybil Vane.

With this title post I could not resist, sorry:

• WindyCityOperaman says:

Daniels is a fine musician, but who knew that Oscar Wilde sounds like a fairy?!!!

• zinka says:

The reason (well,one of them) that I am a mess today is when I was 8 my ma took me “innocently” to see “The Picture of Dorian Gray” and I got so scared..(The picture was in COLOR in a B/W film)…I had nightmares even worse than when I dreamt of making love to Kurt Baum…..
    Will they show a scene from the scary novel in the opera??If so, who will play the portrait….Is Albert Innaurato available????

• zinka says:

Looking at Parterre ad..and not wanting to help La Cieca lose money….Zinka, my all-time fav.singer hits high notes like Vassilka Petrova…I was THERE!! Sony is so stupid…..