• Ruxxy: Dear Armer if you live in the USA you live in a country which preaches human rights while allowing any... 7:38 PM
  • armerjacquino: I think a country which tells people what they are or aren’t allowed to wear, for any... 7:31 PM
  • Ruxxy: Racist ? Don’t make me laugh. The veil is not only a very primitive expression, it insults every... 7:17 PM
  • manou: Per molti anni dear Batty – you don’t look a day older than yesterday. 6:50 PM
  • Flora del Rio Grande: Well, well; that lovely old song! Whoever played the piano for Katherine Hepburn... 6:06 PM
  • Flora del Rio Grande: Let me recommend a reading of Heidi Waleson’s review of Klinghoffer in... 5:58 PM
  • LittleMasterMiles: Where is the f**king “Like” button on this thing? 5:48 PM
  • MontyNostry: Rather than La clemenza della Cieca, how about La moderazione della Cieca, which makes itself... 5:44 PM
  • Cicciabella: Autocorrect won’t have her any other way. 5:30 PM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: Especially Danielle Denise. 5:20 PM

You will, David, you will

La Cieca hears that parterre fave David Daniels will get all eponymous and stuff for a world premiere opera entitled Oscar, based on the life of Oscar Wilde, for Santa Fe Opera in 2013, with Opera Company of Philadelphia to follow.  The work is to boast music by Theodore Morrison and a libretto and stage direction by John Cox.

• Nerva Nelli says:

Actually, *this* is the role David will be playing in OSCAR:

• Joe Conda says:

During my Peabody student days, Morrison was head of the choral department and gave me two of the most enriching musical experiences of my life -- singing Purcell’s Aeneas and solos in Britten’s Cantata Misericordium. He is a brilliant musician and great intellect. I never knew he was a composer and wish him a great success.

• Buster says:

If this is a hit they could perhaps revive Dorian Gray, which had Philip Langridge in it, and Roberta Alexander as Sybil Vane.

With this title post I could not resist, sorry:

• WindyCityOperaman says:

Daniels is a fine musician, but who knew that Oscar Wilde sounds like a fairy?!!!

• zinka says:

The reason (well,one of them) that I am a mess today is when I was 8 my ma took me “innocently” to see “The Picture of Dorian Gray” and I got so scared..(The picture was in COLOR in a B/W film)…I had nightmares even worse than when I dreamt of making love to Kurt Baum…..
    Will they show a scene from the scary novel in the opera??If so, who will play the portrait….Is Albert Innaurato available????

• zinka says:

Looking at Parterre ad..and not wanting to help La Cieca lose money….Zinka, my all-time fav.singer hits high notes like Vassilka Petrova…I was THERE!! Sony is so stupid…..