• La marquise de Merteuil: Kashania, I think we also need to remember that the first Otello, Tamagno (?)... 5:04 AM
  • MontyNostry: “Till is, like, a really wacky guy. I can’t see him being a hit on the lawns at... 4:15 AM
  • MontyNostry: She probably won’t be doing much with the words anyway, Feldmarschallin. 4:12 AM
  • Archaeopteryx: “She is a good singer” - understatement of the year. She is phenomenal, and has... 3:53 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: The next Eva will be Krassimira Stoyanova who was born in 1962. She is 52 now and will be 55... 3:39 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: Yes she recovered even if she needed a bit of help yesterday when she came on stage at the... 3:27 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: Well lets hope she learns German first right? Wasn’t Fleming also suppossed to sing... 3:22 AM
  • steveac10: I can see why it was blocked from your memory. I only remembered it was not originally assigned to... 2:30 AM
  • Buster: Miriam Portmann is much better than all the previous Carlotta’s, she really sings “mit... 2:22 AM
  • La Cieca: Yes, you are right – I was working from memory. Volpe replaced the tired, traditional Carmen... 2:01 AM

You will, David, you will

La Cieca hears that parterre fave David Daniels will get all eponymous and stuff for a world premiere opera entitled Oscar, based on the life of Oscar Wilde, for Santa Fe Opera in 2013, with Opera Company of Philadelphia to follow.  The work is to boast music by Theodore Morrison and a libretto and stage direction by John Cox.

• Nerva Nelli says:

Actually, *this* is the role David will be playing in OSCAR:

• Joe Conda says:

During my Peabody student days, Morrison was head of the choral department and gave me two of the most enriching musical experiences of my life -- singing Purcell’s Aeneas and solos in Britten’s Cantata Misericordium. He is a brilliant musician and great intellect. I never knew he was a composer and wish him a great success.

• Buster says:

If this is a hit they could perhaps revive Dorian Gray, which had Philip Langridge in it, and Roberta Alexander as Sybil Vane.

With this title post I could not resist, sorry:

• WindyCityOperaman says:

Daniels is a fine musician, but who knew that Oscar Wilde sounds like a fairy?!!!

• zinka says:

The reason (well,one of them) that I am a mess today is when I was 8 my ma took me “innocently” to see “The Picture of Dorian Gray” and I got so scared..(The picture was in COLOR in a B/W film)…I had nightmares even worse than when I dreamt of making love to Kurt Baum…..
    Will they show a scene from the scary novel in the opera??If so, who will play the portrait….Is Albert Innaurato available????

• zinka says:

Looking at Parterre ad..and not wanting to help La Cieca lose money….Zinka, my all-time fav.singer hits high notes like Vassilka Petrova…I was THERE!! Sony is so stupid…..