• Camille: Oh yes, my parents got to hear Swarthout in their college days and invariably referred to her as... 5:36 PM
  • Camille: Well, that reminds me of another thing: Don José stood and listened to and witnessed Carmen’s... 5:18 PM
  • marshiemarkII: And Quinn was absolutely sublime as Marcello at the beginning of the season, saw him twice and... 5:05 PM
  • armerjacquino: have all the fun and don’t die at the end! Also, since the cards tell Carmen the truth, we can... 5:05 PM
  • marshiemarkII: Well Ryan Speedo Green of course, who was magnificent in everything he did during his... 5:03 PM
  • laddie: httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=j16A WuSztsc 5:03 PM
  • La Cieca: Happy birthday Elizabeth Taylor! httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=lqyY PgRBdS4&start =55 4:59 PM
  • armerjacquino: Speaking of awards and prizes… Who have we heard? http://www.bbc.co. uk/mediacentre/... 4:57 PM
  • kennedet: I enjoyed the You Tube excerpts. The voice still has a lyric quality which I enjoy. Too much bulk,... 4:55 PM
  • marshiemarkII: CammiB, two birds of a feather, my first opera ever was Carmen with Resnik and Coca Cola. I... 4:50 PM

You will, David, you will

La Cieca hears that parterre fave David Daniels will get all eponymous and stuff for a world premiere opera entitled Oscar, based on the life of Oscar Wilde, for Santa Fe Opera in 2013, with Opera Company of Philadelphia to follow.  The work is to boast music by Theodore Morrison and a libretto and stage direction by John Cox.

• Nerva Nelli says:

Actually, *this* is the role David will be playing in OSCAR:

• Joe Conda says:

During my Peabody student days, Morrison was head of the choral department and gave me two of the most enriching musical experiences of my life -- singing Purcell’s Aeneas and solos in Britten’s Cantata Misericordium. He is a brilliant musician and great intellect. I never knew he was a composer and wish him a great success.

• Buster says:

If this is a hit they could perhaps revive Dorian Gray, which had Philip Langridge in it, and Roberta Alexander as Sybil Vane.

With this title post I could not resist, sorry:

• WindyCityOperaman says:

Daniels is a fine musician, but who knew that Oscar Wilde sounds like a fairy?!!!

• zinka says:

The reason (well,one of them) that I am a mess today is when I was 8 my ma took me “innocently” to see “The Picture of Dorian Gray” and I got so scared..(The picture was in COLOR in a B/W film)…I had nightmares even worse than when I dreamt of making love to Kurt Baum…..
    Will they show a scene from the scary novel in the opera??If so, who will play the portrait….Is Albert Innaurato available????

• zinka says:

Looking at Parterre ad..and not wanting to help La Cieca lose money….Zinka, my all-time fav.singer hits high notes like Vassilka Petrova…I was THERE!! Sony is so stupid…..