• overstimmelated: Thank you so much – had always wished I could hear this again – and on this recording, one can! Does a tape... 10:33 PM
  • Ingrid Delaria: Alessandra Marc sang in a Washington National Opera concert of scenes and arias at Strathmore in Bethesda, MD around... 10:10 PM
  • Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: Due to popular demand, Monday’s “Parsifal 221; has been posted at my Mixcloud site:... 7:31 PM
  • Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: Cami, the link to BR-Klassik has said – from Day 1 – “Aus rechtlichen Gründen ist dieses... 5:03 PM
  • Cocky Kurwenal: D’Intino was Amneris at my first ever visit to the ROH, as a young teenager. I’ve looked out for her ever... 5:01 PM
  • Krunoslav: Actually, “bol’s hie” is plural. 4:56 PM
  • Krunoslav: One other world-class Eboli, though she didn’t seem to linger long abroad ever: Lucia d’Intino, whose Met debut... 4:53 PM
  • Cicciabella: Do the Old Norse myths are banal gibberish. Now we know. 4:38 PM

E tu nol sai?

A mysterious lady in the shadows of Castellor! Who might she be?

Can you identify this Leonora?

D’amor sull’ali rosee

• 21
    Bluessweet says:

Artimis to keep it all even.

• 22
    fartnose mcgoo says:

My first instinct is Poplavskaya. The problem is that she sounds too healthy for it to be her.

• 23
    beauj1 says:

I knew is was lovely Anja from the first few notes. I’ve been waiting two days for news of this role debut. Thanks Cieca!

• 23.1
      GottlobHotter says:

While the Mavens seem to have satisfactorily settled who it is that’s singing, I’d like ID the headless Leonora as soprano Eilana Lappalainen, flanked by baritone Nmon Ford (Luna) and tenor Gustavo López Manzitti (Manrico)

• 24
    CwbyLA says:

am I the only one who listened to this sound clip 5 times already? ;-)

• 25
    Iphigénie says:

Off-topic: the Met future page has just been updated and Luc Bondy will be the director of the new 2012-13 Rigoletto.
    In 2014-15, paired with a NP of Bartok’s Bluebeard castle (with Borodina & Abrazakov), Iolanta will premiere in the Baden-Baden production (no casting announced yet but I think that averyone know who will performed in it).
    Finally, in 2012-13, there will be a revival of Clemenza with Frittoli & Garanca.

• 26
    scifisci says:

“né timor di me ti prenda…
    Salvarlo io potrò forse.”

something about the way she sings the words “preda….salvarlo” reminds me so much of leontyne price, my favorite leonora.

• 27
    florezrocks says:

On another note, Rene Pape is my hero.

• 28
    Ruxton says:

Nothing wrong with that- really great singing.