• Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: Gualtier: I was at the Albanese/Puccini Foundation event at Alice Tully Hall... 10:58 PM
  • Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: According to IMDb, the documentary was made in 1988, so he was 33 in the... 10:24 PM
  • mjmacmtenor: Here a bit from the Trovatore httpv://youtu.be/c QV_mJe1mq4 9:36 PM
  • WindyCityOperaman: At 60 still striking looking. Reading up on him on wiki and You Tube – interesting... 8:14 PM
  • WindyCityOperaman: Wasn’t it because her husband punched her in the face? She was probably smelling... 8:06 PM
  • manou: Celui-ci? http://tinyurl.com /nkmesfs 7:51 PM
  • Sanford: One of my favorite albums was the French arias album of Christiane Eda-Pierre which included the... 7:33 PM
  • danpatter: I’m very glad this has been so splendidly remastered. When it was first released, I... 7:15 PM
  • Henry Holland: He was supposed to retire from his position at the Los Angeles Opera in the summer of 2013,... 7:10 PM
  • Henry Holland: I love Boulez’ music and heavy metal (Mastodon is a current favorite) and hi-hop (old... 7:03 PM

E tu nol sai?

A mysterious lady in the shadows of Castellor! Who might she be?

Can you identify this Leonora?

D’amor sull’ali rosee

• Bluessweet says:

Artimis to keep it all even.

• fartnose mcgoo says:

My first instinct is Poplavskaya. The problem is that she sounds too healthy for it to be her.

• beauj1 says:

I knew is was lovely Anja from the first few notes. I’ve been waiting two days for news of this role debut. Thanks Cieca!

• GottlobHotter says:

While the Mavens seem to have satisfactorily settled who it is that’s singing, I’d like ID the headless Leonora as soprano Eilana Lappalainen, flanked by baritone Nmon Ford (Luna) and tenor Gustavo López Manzitti (Manrico)

• CwbyLA says:

am I the only one who listened to this sound clip 5 times already? ;-)

• Iphigénie says:

Off-topic: the Met future page has just been updated and Luc Bondy will be the director of the new 2012-13 Rigoletto.
    In 2014-15, paired with a NP of Bartok’s Bluebeard castle (with Borodina & Abrazakov), Iolanta will premiere in the Baden-Baden production (no casting announced yet but I think that averyone know who will performed in it).
    Finally, in 2012-13, there will be a revival of Clemenza with Frittoli & Garanca.

• scifisci says:

“né timor di me ti prenda…
    Salvarlo io potrò forse.”

something about the way she sings the words “preda….salvarlo” reminds me so much of leontyne price, my favorite leonora.

• florezrocks says:

On another note, Rene Pape is my hero.

• Ruxton says:

Nothing wrong with that- really great singing.