• Quanto Painy Fakor: Here is the version of the Kinghoffer sisters’ statement as published in the JTA.... 11:07 PM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: Actually, when one understands how difficult it can be for people who are not used to... 10:59 PM
  • Satisfied: Apparently the protesters got bored and left halfway through, I hardly heard a peep in the second... 10:37 PM
  • mirywi: . I don’t see how protest that led to censorship has anything to do with making opera relevant. 10:24 PM
  • Bill: Zinka – well Gertrude Grob-Prandl did not make alot of commercial recordings and was a fine... 9:43 PM
  • uwsinnyc: Just read the insert from the daughters in the Playbill. Very thoughtfully and well written. Also... 9:28 PM
  • brahseph: The booing was louder for Wilson’s Lohengrin :) Btw it sounded like the disruptor tonight was... 9:08 PM
  • Satisfied: Surpassingly, very little ruckus so far. Some shouts during musical pauses, but nothing... 9:01 PM
  • Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: Just to put that in context, this was just published by the Wall Street... 8:59 PM
  • philomel: And there it is. A man is yelling “The murderer of Klinghoffer will never be forgiven!R... 8:45 PM

E tu nol sai?

A mysterious lady in the shadows of Castellor! Who might she be?

Can you identify this Leonora?

D’amor sull’ali rosee

• Bluessweet says:

Artimis to keep it all even.

• fartnose mcgoo says:

My first instinct is Poplavskaya. The problem is that she sounds too healthy for it to be her.

• beauj1 says:

I knew is was lovely Anja from the first few notes. I’ve been waiting two days for news of this role debut. Thanks Cieca!

• GottlobHotter says:

While the Mavens seem to have satisfactorily settled who it is that’s singing, I’d like ID the headless Leonora as soprano Eilana Lappalainen, flanked by baritone Nmon Ford (Luna) and tenor Gustavo López Manzitti (Manrico)

• CwbyLA says:

am I the only one who listened to this sound clip 5 times already? ;-)

• Iphigénie says:

Off-topic: the Met future page has just been updated and Luc Bondy will be the director of the new 2012-13 Rigoletto.
    In 2014-15, paired with a NP of Bartok’s Bluebeard castle (with Borodina & Abrazakov), Iolanta will premiere in the Baden-Baden production (no casting announced yet but I think that averyone know who will performed in it).
    Finally, in 2012-13, there will be a revival of Clemenza with Frittoli & Garanca.

• scifisci says:

“né timor di me ti prenda…
    Salvarlo io potrò forse.”

something about the way she sings the words “preda….salvarlo” reminds me so much of leontyne price, my favorite leonora.

• florezrocks says:

On another note, Rene Pape is my hero.

• Ruxton says:

Nothing wrong with that- really great singing.