• Bill: Jungfer – I first met Gabor Bretz when he was doing Kothner in Meistersinger in Budapest –... 5:21 PM
  • Lohengrin: They promise, it will be available soon; enjoy! 5:17 PM
  • Camille: Westbroek does have that unfortunate vibrato, even live, and even as far back as 2010 as Sieglinde... 5:15 PM
  • Camille: Gery kucky = very lucky!!! So sorry amd wo xcited to hear my BELOVED Andrea Chenier. Now if he would... 5:09 PM
  • Camille: Oh my Lord, that Maestro Pappano is a magician!! He makes Andrea Chénier sound like a masterpiece.... 5:08 PM
  • Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: Cami – I’ve had my “Kékszakállú” score for more than 40 years. It is a first... 4:54 PM
  • Lohengrin: Meanwhile she has an unpleasant vibrato, but in the high eruptions there is power. 4:36 PM
  • Olivero is my Drug of Choice: Un Di al azzuro spazzo. Someone posted a cell phone video. httpv://youtu.b... 4:34 PM
  • armerjacquino: Westbroek’s not a radio singer at all. It’s not a beautiful voice- it’s her... 4:31 PM
  • Camille: Hahaha! Ciccionabellissima ! Sometimes it’s “Vil Bastardo!!!!—Figli o di ——... 4:30 PM

E tu nol sai?

A mysterious lady in the shadows of Castellor! Who might she be?

Can you identify this Leonora?

D’amor sull’ali rosee

• Bluessweet says:

Artimis to keep it all even.

• fartnose mcgoo says:

My first instinct is Poplavskaya. The problem is that she sounds too healthy for it to be her.

• beauj1 says:

I knew is was lovely Anja from the first few notes. I’ve been waiting two days for news of this role debut. Thanks Cieca!

• GottlobHotter says:

While the Mavens seem to have satisfactorily settled who it is that’s singing, I’d like ID the headless Leonora as soprano Eilana Lappalainen, flanked by baritone Nmon Ford (Luna) and tenor Gustavo López Manzitti (Manrico)

• CwbyLA says:

am I the only one who listened to this sound clip 5 times already? ;-)

• Iphigénie says:

Off-topic: the Met future page has just been updated and Luc Bondy will be the director of the new 2012-13 Rigoletto.
    In 2014-15, paired with a NP of Bartok’s Bluebeard castle (with Borodina & Abrazakov), Iolanta will premiere in the Baden-Baden production (no casting announced yet but I think that averyone know who will performed in it).
    Finally, in 2012-13, there will be a revival of Clemenza with Frittoli & Garanca.

• scifisci says:

“né timor di me ti prenda…
    Salvarlo io potrò forse.”

something about the way she sings the words “preda….salvarlo” reminds me so much of leontyne price, my favorite leonora.

• florezrocks says:

On another note, Rene Pape is my hero.

• Ruxton says:

Nothing wrong with that- really great singing.