• Stendhal: Sorry Ian – wish I could reply directly to you. Thanks for your response. So if we keep... 9:58 PM
  • DellaCasaFan: ianw2: you do not mention that Baumol’s theory is based on the quality-nonadjuste d... 9:56 PM
  • PokeyGascon: I was curious what exactly is the job description for a Bill Poster union member? I saw... 9:33 PM
  • ianw2: But isn’t that the whole point of the Baumol Effect- that standard market economics don’t... 9:16 PM
  • ianw2: I should probably add that even though the vast majority of ushers in Australia are on casual... 9:04 PM
  • m. croche: But I don’t see why they have to be unionised. Um, because they want to be unionized? 9:04 PM
  • kashania: I’m surprised to hear that the majority of ushers in the U.S. are volunteers. Volunteers are... 8:53 PM
  • Stendhal: “That’s exactly the point- there isn’t one.” Which is what I was hinting at. The... 8:53 PM
  • steveac10: And a part time job that is not a livelihood probably does not need a union. I was not being mean... 8:45 PM
  • philomel: Yes ianw2, I would think so. I have worked in Regional theaters were the ushers were volunteers,... 8:44 PM

E tu nol sai?

A mysterious lady in the shadows of Castellor! Who might she be?

Can you identify this Leonora?

D’amor sull’ali rosee

• Bluessweet says:

Artimis to keep it all even.

• fartnose mcgoo says:

My first instinct is Poplavskaya. The problem is that she sounds too healthy for it to be her.

• beauj1 says:

I knew is was lovely Anja from the first few notes. I’ve been waiting two days for news of this role debut. Thanks Cieca!

• GottlobHotter says:

While the Mavens seem to have satisfactorily settled who it is that’s singing, I’d like ID the headless Leonora as soprano Eilana Lappalainen, flanked by baritone Nmon Ford (Luna) and tenor Gustavo López Manzitti (Manrico)

• CwbyLA says:

am I the only one who listened to this sound clip 5 times already? ;-)

• Iphigénie says:

Off-topic: the Met future page has just been updated and Luc Bondy will be the director of the new 2012-13 Rigoletto.
    In 2014-15, paired with a NP of Bartok’s Bluebeard castle (with Borodina & Abrazakov), Iolanta will premiere in the Baden-Baden production (no casting announced yet but I think that averyone know who will performed in it).
    Finally, in 2012-13, there will be a revival of Clemenza with Frittoli & Garanca.

• scifisci says:

“né timor di me ti prenda…
    Salvarlo io potrò forse.”

something about the way she sings the words “preda….salvarlo” reminds me so much of leontyne price, my favorite leonora.

• florezrocks says:

On another note, Rene Pape is my hero.

• Ruxton says:

Nothing wrong with that- really great singing.