• la vociaccia: I didn’t listen to the broadcast but I’m going to this production later in the... 10:29 PM
  • Krunoslav: I was so angry as a 15 year old drama student when I first saw this show that I booed loudly from... 10:09 PM
  • Batty Masetto: But the important question: did she have the Habsburg tail? (Which I doubt would have shown... 10:08 PM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: Joan looks very pretty here. The prettiest I’ve ever seen her. 10:07 PM
  • laddie: In Santa Fe, we clutch our squash blossoms which can be very dangerous. 9:44 PM
  • Poison Ivy: Well before the days of photographs royals just commissioned portraits that took out their flaws.... 9:42 PM
  • laddie: Wasn’t Carsen’s NP of Zauberflöte done last year at Baden-Baden? 9:41 PM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: Turning men into jelly is not a compliment to a lady’s charms :D 9:40 PM
  • laddie: I thought she sang much better than the dress videos in cantabile/cabalett a, especially the... 9:35 PM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: I really didn’t think the rehearsal clip was bad at all. 9:33 PM

E tu nol sai?

A mysterious lady in the shadows of Castellor! Who might she be?

Can you identify this Leonora?

D’amor sull’ali rosee

• Bluessweet says:

Artimis to keep it all even.

• fartnose mcgoo says:

My first instinct is Poplavskaya. The problem is that she sounds too healthy for it to be her.

• beauj1 says:

I knew is was lovely Anja from the first few notes. I’ve been waiting two days for news of this role debut. Thanks Cieca!

• GottlobHotter says:

While the Mavens seem to have satisfactorily settled who it is that’s singing, I’d like ID the headless Leonora as soprano Eilana Lappalainen, flanked by baritone Nmon Ford (Luna) and tenor Gustavo López Manzitti (Manrico)

• CwbyLA says:

am I the only one who listened to this sound clip 5 times already? ;-)

• Iphigénie says:

Off-topic: the Met future page has just been updated and Luc Bondy will be the director of the new 2012-13 Rigoletto.
    In 2014-15, paired with a NP of Bartok’s Bluebeard castle (with Borodina & Abrazakov), Iolanta will premiere in the Baden-Baden production (no casting announced yet but I think that averyone know who will performed in it).
    Finally, in 2012-13, there will be a revival of Clemenza with Frittoli & Garanca.

• scifisci says:

“né timor di me ti prenda…
    Salvarlo io potrò forse.”

something about the way she sings the words “preda….salvarlo” reminds me so much of leontyne price, my favorite leonora.

• florezrocks says:

On another note, Rene Pape is my hero.

• Ruxton says:

Nothing wrong with that- really great singing.