• Camille: Oops sorry. I got so excited I sent this twice. Can’t wait to read it! Un bacio ancora! Un’altra!! 11:28 PM
  • LT: Christians do not follow any dietary (or dress, lifestyle, etc)rules as those were “cancelled&# 8221; by Jesus and the New... 11:17 PM
  • Camille: Oh Maestro QPF–thank you so very much! I could just kiss you if I could! Yes, it was primarily the Paris version in its... 11:17 PM
  • Camille: Oh Maestro QPF–thank you so very much! I could just kiss you if I could! Yes, it was primarily the Paris version in its... 11:02 PM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: The Wolfgang Wagner is not Wieland’s brother. Far from it. He is primarily a typographer with the middle... 10:43 PM
  • Operngasse: It used to be. However, for a large percentage of Christians areas of this country, the Bible starts at Matthew. Otherwise,... 10:38 PM
  • Camille: Ça ne fait rien! N’importe! Jes’ fuhgeddabboudit! 10:30 PM
  • Camille: Thank you very much for your response and this information. One of the problems I was concerned with was thatp of the... 10:25 PM

Plying her trade

“Renowned soprano Renée Fleming demonstrates how she can treat a song like a mini-opera.”

Header photo: Andrew Eccles

The videos on the Rysanek collection on Youtube have some wonderful photos of Leonie, even though the audio tracks are well known.

I wish someone could find the Fidelio she did at La Scala in the 1970s, which has never been in circulation.

• Cicciabella says:

From the New Year’s concert at the Semperoper in Dresden:

• Porgy Amor says:

Klaus Florian Vogt’s English is excellent.

• tiger1dk says:

While Mr Vogt’s hair is HORRID -- look a bit like a bad copy of Ms Fleming’s… And his timbre is not really interesting -- difficult to imagine him singing the big Wagnerian part (he sounds more like a Basilio/Curzio or, on a good day, a Pedrillo than a Tristan). Well, maybe it is not fair to judge him based on just Tonight.

• Cocky Kurwenal says:

Maybe? Do you think?

• tiger1dk says:

Well, now I also listened to Ein lied geht um der welt (or whatever his first solo is called). And I stand by my first judgment -- Mr Vogt sounds a bit like the tenors that would sing the second tenor in the EMI Anneliese Rothenberger -- Nicolai Gedda operetta recordings… Similar his stage demeanor. Sorry to be a bit harsh but I am not impressed.

There is no accounting for tastes: in voices, singing styles, dress styles, hair, sexiness, “bubbles”, you name it…

One thing I think we can agree on: Vogt’s English is much better than his Italian.

• Cicciabella says:

And, inevitably:

P.S. Renée looks gorgeous in emerald green.

• -Ed. says:

I was just teasing, I’m actually quite the Fleming fan. I just bought a ticket to attend her recital next month here in Pittsburgh. I couldn’t resist joining La and her little witticism regarding that tire gown (plying her trade. get it? ply. tire.)
    And I never pass up an opportunity to mock Bjork.