• ML: ” … this particular fight or whatever you want to call it” is the biggest debacle at... 3:19 AM
  • ML: The raise bothers me less than the 10-year contract. Nobody gets that. No normal board gives that. 3:10 AM
  • m. croche: So I guess they had nothing to do with the decision to cancel the Klinghoffer broadcast? 2:54 AM
  • La Cieca: Got to get the glasses checked. Three times I read that comment, and every time, it came out I’ve... 2:25 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: She will be doing Trovatore here after the Manon Lescaut. 2:15 AM
  • ianw2: This is really quite different from what happened in Minnesota. Minnesota was proposing a severe base... 2:13 AM
  • La Cieca: That’s an interesting question. My opinion is that Gelb is in the right on this particular... 1:34 AM
  • bluecabochon: Steve, there is so much propaganda and sheer ugliness being exhibited by the unions and... 1:34 AM
  • La Cieca: However Mr. Gelb is proposing that union compensation **and that alone** will solve the Met’s... 1:23 AM
  • mozartFreak: From this thread alone, I quote: “As I said in an earlier thread, this proposal is the... 1:19 AM

Soon their duet will become a trio

La Cieca hears that congratulations are in order to Aleksandra Kurzak and Roberto Alagna, who are expecting their first baby in February.

I do think one should spare a (kind) thought for Gheorghiu, no matter how exasperating she can be. It must be very hurtful for her.

And yes, blue, a little restraint from the happy couple would be very welcome.

Manou,

You are right about everything, of course. Only, I have a feeling we are dealing here with a “guerre de tranchées”, in which case the restraint issue is beside the point. Kurzak doesn’t strike me as particularly effusive, she seems to be very well balanced, and a VERY clever cookie who is intent on winning, whatever it takes. Just my twopence…

‘a very clever cookie who is intent on winning, whatever it takes’

Citation needed.

Citation of what? Are you confusing me with…never mind!

Hahaha!

No, just wondering what you based that conclusion on.

It’s a personal impression. Scratch “whatever it takes”, though; that’s too strong, I realize now. I am holding on to the rest of the impression, but I won’t go into details. (BTW, I think the same description applies to Ange too.)

• diva2themax says:

Totally agreed. I hate overt displays of any type of affection. I feel like it’s a bit calculated to really stick it to her.

I hate overt displays of any type of affection.

You would absolutely loathe Paris then.

• Batty Masetto says:

Surely few gay Parisians indulge in such extravagant periosculatory conduct! (Well, except maybe the part about the wallpaper.)

Visit the Marais, Batty.

P.S. Though I confess having no idea what “periosculatory” means, I vouch for the “extravangant conduct” part.

I have no problem with periosculatory (kissing around -- or even kissing fairies for that matter). It’s the wallpaper I can’t figure out.

Wallpaper flowers, maybe?

• Batty Masetto says:

Possibly I misunderstood what the lovebirds were up to with that “papier bleu d’azur.”

In any case we are a tribe known for our discrimination in matters murotegumentary. Cf. St. Oscar the Wild: “My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or the other of us has to go.”

• diva2themax says:

I actually love it lol. Sorry i’ve seen some nasty stuff here in NYC. Some of it really turns you off. A quick peck & hand holding is fine. Full on slobber no thank you.

• Chimene says:

Why should they spare a thought for that witch, who recently accused him of beating her… she started divorce proceedings in January and it is final, and all her doing…

Out of kindness?

• semira mide says:

I’m with you, Manou.

• Chimene says:

Kindness??? To someone who accused you (wrongfully and viciously) of beating her… trying to ruin your reputation and your career… Puh-leeze…. and Angela recently had an interview where she explained why she never wanted children, because it might damage her diaphragm, so that her voice might be compromised…

• aulus agerius says:

Roberto looks pretty darn good in this photo, for a middle aged person bending over face down defying gravity. Many of us wouldn’t dream of adopting this posture and looking at a camera…..or mirror! :-)

You know what they say: you’re as old as the woman you feel.

• perfidia says:

Dorothy: Only on your back, Blanche. That way everything slides back and you look like you just had a face lift.
      Blanche: Oh you’re right. I’m gorgeous. I’m gonna have to meet more men lying down.
      Sophia: I thought you did.

Sperm is often amazing.

• Patrick Mack says:

Flash Forward to La Gheorghiu lighting black candles at midnight.

Domingo’s return to the stage = Big Success