• phoenix: right you are Rudie – Sig. Bybee advertises himself as a baritone - I remember the old RCA Moffo set. It was engineered so... 4:39 AM
  • soubrettino: I love a good Rondine. The Doretta’s dream is done to death IMHO, and I prefer Magda’s second aria.... 3:59 AM
  • manou: As I am in the mood for an excruciating bilingual pun (and when am I not?), I will ask whether the stage holes are green. 3:57 AM
  • NPW-Paris: “Netrebko herself took a tumble in one of the Paris Opera potholes.” With whom? 2:52 AM
  • NPW-Paris: In true French style it was announced that A.Netrebko would be replaced by “Madame Eh”. I wonder how they might... 2:50 AM
  • CwbyLA: Great review Albert! So informative. It was a great pleasure to read it. I saw the work in Santa Fe last year. It was my first... 2:25 AM
  • Vergin Vezzosa: My out on a limb guess for Salome next season at the Met is Lisa Lindstrom. Please not Nada M.. Next week we will know. 2:18 AM
  • NPW-Paris: As it happens, so did I. I only ever saw her once before in in I Capuleti, and it wasn’t a great evening – at... 1:39 AM

Hot ticket

La Cieca invites the cher public (all of you!) to engage in the weekly ritual of discussion of off-topic and general interest subjects.

• marshiemarkII says:

For those so inclined, at the Morgan Library on Sunday at 4:30, the glorious Emalie Savoy accompanied by the sublime Ken Noda on the piano, and also including Anthony Dean Giffrey:

Not to be missed!

• zinka says:

Rest in peace and i hope you can now get along better with Franco….

• Signor Bruschino says:

Forgive if this has been discussed already (if so i must have missed it) but noticed Teatro Liceu’s new production of Contes d’Hoffman (the one that SF Opera has in the summer) opens next month, and Dessay is not doing all 3 heroines there, only Antonia… When is SF going to announce that she isn’t doing all 3 there?

• Feldmarschallin says:

Perhaps when a few more tickets have been sold…

Yes, this has been discussed before at some length.
      It is highly unlikely that Dessay will be singing the 3 roles in SF, of course, since she has cancelled similar assignments at Pleyel in Paris and at the Liceu. I have no insight into the SFO management’s plans, but I suggest they get on the phone with Sonya Yoncheva’s agent FAST (if they haven’t already done so).

• Signor Bruschino says:

Thanks Oedipe- I am in SF on at a convention and bought tickets, so its not like I made a trip specifically for it, but since she already has made her decision in a sense not to do all 4 heroines, it seems very foolish to avoid the obvious, especially since there will be of this new production opens in Barcelona on 2/4, 3 weeks from now- and its not like they are hiding the truth…

• WindyCityOperaman says: