• brooklynpunk: Many thanks, Camille…!! 9:17 PM
  • Camille: Hope you haven’t neglected to include some hatpins for those hats for they also come in so handy with fresh young men.... 8:56 PM
  • Camille: hello brooklyn p. — I was wondering about how you were just the other day, while I was tooling around in the archives.... 8:50 PM
  • Camille: Mille grazie, Milly! You’ve saved me a lot of heartbreak as I shall not be schlepping up country to see this, one of my... 8:49 PM
  • JohninSeattle: armer, ROFL Do the badly sung cabalettas count? It’s *very* Florence Foster Jenkins around here…. 7:32 PM
  • vilbastarda: Thank you for the lovely review. Enjoyed all the references, and humorous description of the staging. I will be seeing this... 7:19 PM
  • DonCarloFanatic: Hey! I enjoyed the Seattle Ring very much. YMMV and all that. It’s not a cavernous auditorium so it’s... 7:01 PM
  • armerjacquino: I read an interview with Stonikas about Turandot a while back. She’s really interesting- talks about the... 6:36 PM

Hot ticket

La Cieca invites the cher public (all of you!) to engage in the weekly ritual of discussion of off-topic and general interest subjects.

• marshiemarkII says:

For those so inclined, at the Morgan Library on Sunday at 4:30, the glorious Emalie Savoy accompanied by the sublime Ken Noda on the piano, and also including Anthony Dean Giffrey:

Not to be missed!

• zinka says:

Rest in peace and i hope you can now get along better with Franco….

• Signor Bruschino says:

Forgive if this has been discussed already (if so i must have missed it) but noticed Teatro Liceu’s new production of Contes d’Hoffman (the one that SF Opera has in the summer) opens next month, and Dessay is not doing all 3 heroines there, only Antonia… When is SF going to announce that she isn’t doing all 3 there?

• Feldmarschallin says:

Perhaps when a few more tickets have been sold…

Yes, this has been discussed before at some length.
      It is highly unlikely that Dessay will be singing the 3 roles in SF, of course, since she has cancelled similar assignments at Pleyel in Paris and at the Liceu. I have no insight into the SFO management’s plans, but I suggest they get on the phone with Sonya Yoncheva’s agent FAST (if they haven’t already done so).

• Signor Bruschino says:

Thanks Oedipe- I am in SF on at a convention and bought tickets, so its not like I made a trip specifically for it, but since she already has made her decision in a sense not to do all 4 heroines, it seems very foolish to avoid the obvious, especially since there will be of this new production opens in Barcelona on 2/4, 3 weeks from now- and its not like they are hiding the truth…

• WindyCityOperaman says: