• Ouf: OT: Peter Clark is leaving. 1:20 PM
  • Ouf: Rebeka was good July 9, wonderful July 13 – she actually stole the show that last night. 1:15 PM
  • mskapay: Poplavskaya has also been removed from the Staatsoper Berlin listing for the upcoming Faust,... 1:07 PM
  • Podlesmania: Is this for real? Looks very SNL to me. 12:55 PM
  • DeepSouthSenior: I saw Sonya Yoncheva at the Met last November (Thanksgiving week) in the “Vegas... 12:47 PM
  • Milady DeWinter: Measha sounded better when she was plumper; the vibrato not at all like JDD’s;... 12:38 PM
  • Feldmarschallin: Well congratulations on her baby boy. Her Violetta is like champagne to Rebeka’s Coca... 12:25 PM
  • la vociaccia: Happy/sad news. I’m definitely going to go the Traviata now and I’ve never heard... 12:16 PM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: Cieca, this isn’t her on the video, but the other soprano inthe run Jessica... 12:06 PM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: She had the baby in the beginning of this month. Her comeback will be in December... 12:04 PM

Divinités du stacks

The noble Alceste of Kirsten Flagstad is but one of many fascinating live recordings featured in Opera Depot’s May Sale, with all new titles 40% off through Sunday, May 13. (And while you’re there, don’t forget to download this month’s freebie, a Rosenkavalier featuring Janet Baker and Helga Dernesch.)

• antikitschychick says:

I am still waiting for my Corelli and Norma Cds from Opera Depot….apparently they had a huge sale and the shipping was delayed, ugh -_-.

• Cocky Kurwenal says:

Don’t let it put you off, antik -- I’ve always had rapid service from them, even over here to FB land.

• antikitschychick says:

I won’t, they sent me an email apologizing for the delay which was nice…I’m just anxious to finally get my hands on those Cds!! lol.

• phoenix says:

despite that 1952 foto, she was once VERY beautiful:

• mjmacmtenor says:

One of the most interesting selections is the Otello with both Del Monaco and Vinay. I know that Vinay started his career as a baritone (not unusual for a heldentenor or big dramatic) and then returned to baritone roles for a while late in his career. I presume he is singing Iago here. Still, it is quite a coup to have two of the greatest Otellos in the same cast. The duet must be thrilling -- anything you can sing, I can sing louder -- and I am sure that they both went for the high note at the end.

• la vociaccia says:

The best thing I got from Opera Depot was that free Varnay compilation, especially since about half of the tracks were from repertoire you don’t normally associate with her, like selections from Il Trovatore, Macbeth and other Italian roles. In addition of course to a dozen or so incredible scenes from Wagner and Strauss