• Krunoslav: Meanwhile , I am praying that One of Our Merry Band was at Carnegie Hall tonight for the thrilling RING excerpts with Goerke... 12:29 AM
  • uwsinnyc: What an absolutely lovely dove sono. I forget sometimes what a truly beautiful and juicily rich voice she had in her prime. I... 10:49 PM
  • DonCarloFanatic: If it’s done right, it does choke you up. Worth waiting sixteen hours for that. It was a wonderful experience.... 10:44 PM
  • mjmacmtenor: Like She Loves Me and Gooch, but LIli is supposed to be a child/woman of teenage years. How about Kate in Kiss Me Kate or... 10:09 PM
  • mjmacmtenor: httpv://youtu.be/V 0L5l0G0jd4 9:56 PM
  • mjmacmtenor: One of my favorite songs (by Poulend) was written for Printemps httpvs://youtu.be/ V0L5l0G0jd4 9:55 PM
  • Satisfied: Absolutely thrilling Gotterdämmerung with an immolation scene I will cherish forever! While I didn’t so much care for the... 5:32 PM
  • NPW-Paris: “Images of polluting smokestacks and denuded landscapes play over the scene transition projections, turning every... 5:32 PM

Divinités du stacks

The noble Alceste of Kirsten Flagstad is but one of many fascinating live recordings featured in Opera Depot’s May Sale, with all new titles 40% off through Sunday, May 13. (And while you’re there, don’t forget to download this month’s freebie, a Rosenkavalier featuring Janet Baker and Helga Dernesch.)

• 1
    antikitschychick says:

I am still waiting for my Corelli and Norma Cds from Opera Depot….apparently they had a huge sale and the shipping was delayed, ugh -_-.

• 1.1
      Cocky Kurwenal says:

Don’t let it put you off, antik -- I’ve always had rapid service from them, even over here to FB land.

• 1.1.1
        antikitschychick says:

I won’t, they sent me an email apologizing for the delay which was nice…I’m just anxious to finally get my hands on those Cds!! lol.

• 2
    phoenix says:

despite that 1952 foto, she was once VERY beautiful:

• 3
    mjmacmtenor says:

One of the most interesting selections is the Otello with both Del Monaco and Vinay. I know that Vinay started his career as a baritone (not unusual for a heldentenor or big dramatic) and then returned to baritone roles for a while late in his career. I presume he is singing Iago here. Still, it is quite a coup to have two of the greatest Otellos in the same cast. The duet must be thrilling -- anything you can sing, I can sing louder -- and I am sure that they both went for the high note at the end.

• 4
    la vociaccia says:

The best thing I got from Opera Depot was that free Varnay compilation, especially since about half of the tracks were from repertoire you don’t normally associate with her, like selections from Il Trovatore, Macbeth and other Italian roles. In addition of course to a dozen or so incredible scenes from Wagner and Strauss