• manou: Was Thespis of Icaria related to Pruritus of Urticaria? 1:35 PM
  • La Cieca: Thespian, ya know. 1:29 PM
  • turings: No idea – nothing seems very clear yet about how it will work in practice. Though presumably... 1:20 PM
  • Krunoslav: “On this day in 534 BC, Thespis of Icaria became the first recorded actor to portray a... 1:13 PM
  • Feldmarschallin: I cannot find it on youtube. Perhaps it was taken down. 1:05 PM
  • EarlyRomantic: I liked what little I heard but will investigate later when I have more time. Just thought of... 12:55 PM
  • EarlyRomantic: Thanks for all this info. Now that YT has gone all out corporate, are the YT channels we used... 12:53 PM
  • turings: More on the new YouTube streaming service: https://www.themus icnetwork.com/stor ypage.php?story... 12:34 PM
  • La Valkyrietta: The rest. httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=6Zo9 Mzz_ajc 12:33 PM
  • turings: YouTube is transitioning to a two-tier new version: free content but also a subscription service... 12:16 PM

Prognosis negative

Which opera rag has just done away with its new publisher, less than three months after a much-publicized hire?

• m. croche says:

A real whodunit.

Or dunwhatsit.

• operaassport says:

How many opera rags are even left?

• rysanekfreak says:

Pamela Dunaway…Opera News?

• ML says:

It is possible that she herself realized it wasn’t something she wanted to do. Perhaps too small-scale?

• Volte-Face says:

Parterre Box?

• redbear says:

A bit of humor to lighten the mood from Joseph Calleja:

• The Anna Netrebko Digest? Oh and by the way she’s out of tonight’s Elisir.

• stignanispawn says:

I never understood why Pamela Dunaway was hired by Opera News/MOG in the first place. After seeing this blind item, I went back and reread a press release about her appointment and had the same reaction as when I first read it.
    I feel badly for Ms. Dunaway because, simply put, she should not have been hired as publisher and chief marketing officer of Opera News. Given her past experience, at least as reported in the media, she should have known it wasn’t a good match. This is reminiscent of the Met’s Hugh Southern debacle during the 1980′s.

• Flora del Rio Grande says:

Well Stig, Gelb has long been planning his revenge against
    Opera News (remember all that?), and I guess Pamela was
    supposed to be it — since the Geo Washington Bridge has
    been done.
    I no longer bother to read Opera Snooze, and I doubt this
    change will make much difference.

• ML says:

That makes sense, and agreed on the snoozy aspect.

Does anyone know what happened exactly? Was she canned? Who canned her? Who’s in charge now?

Has Gelb failed in his “revenge”?

• Chanterelle says:

Norman Lebrecht just reported this as a fait accompli, asking “what happened?” Good question--Dunaway was barely on long enough to bring out a single issue.