• Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: Sempre L., don’t worry or apologize: I am on my third cocktail. As I... 2:15 AM
  • Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: That being said, Porgy, Cossotto did join the Met for tour performances as... 1:40 AM
  • Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: Rob, I am sincerely sorry that you are disappointed by both of my “La bohème”... 1:17 AM
  • Buster: How were the Ewoks? httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=Jv4t gHh7mBI 1:15 AM
  • Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: Rob, I will readily confess that sound on the 1948 “La bohème” is not up to... 1:11 AM
  • DeepSouthSenior: I love exchanges like this! The best of Parterre in miniature: Opera knowledge shining... 12:13 AM
  • Krunoslav: No, it was this: httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=dtJS LZnKCv0 The name, in Russian , is... 11:42 PM
  • Lohenfal: I don’t have any answers to your questions, but they are worth considering. I always give... 11:41 PM
  • rofrano: Ronald Wilford. 11:40 PM
  • messa di voce: “Teresa Zylis-Gara was to appear as Liza” The Met was going to do Lady in the... 11:34 PM

Prognosis negative

Which opera rag has just done away with its new publisher, less than three months after a much-publicized hire?

• m. croche says:

A real whodunit.

Or dunwhatsit.

• operaassport says:

How many opera rags are even left?

• rysanekfreak says:

Pamela Dunaway…Opera News?

• ML says:

It is possible that she herself realized it wasn’t something she wanted to do. Perhaps too small-scale?

• Volte-Face says:

Parterre Box?

• redbear says:

A bit of humor to lighten the mood from Joseph Calleja:

• The Anna Netrebko Digest? Oh and by the way she’s out of tonight’s Elisir.

• stignanispawn says:

I never understood why Pamela Dunaway was hired by Opera News/MOG in the first place. After seeing this blind item, I went back and reread a press release about her appointment and had the same reaction as when I first read it.
    I feel badly for Ms. Dunaway because, simply put, she should not have been hired as publisher and chief marketing officer of Opera News. Given her past experience, at least as reported in the media, she should have known it wasn’t a good match. This is reminiscent of the Met’s Hugh Southern debacle during the 1980′s.

• Flora del Rio Grande says:

Well Stig, Gelb has long been planning his revenge against
    Opera News (remember all that?), and I guess Pamela was
    supposed to be it — since the Geo Washington Bridge has
    been done.
    I no longer bother to read Opera Snooze, and I doubt this
    change will make much difference.

• ML says:

That makes sense, and agreed on the snoozy aspect.

Does anyone know what happened exactly? Was she canned? Who canned her? Who’s in charge now?

Has Gelb failed in his “revenge”?

• Chanterelle says:

Norman Lebrecht just reported this as a fait accompli, asking “what happened?” Good question--Dunaway was barely on long enough to bring out a single issue.