• Cicciabella: *encourage, instead of COUTting them off 3:59 AM
  • Cicciabella: Bravo, Mr Gutman! Way to encoutage young people to choose a career path in the arts. 3:32 AM
  • La Cieca: And when I was born the most popular film of the year was White Christmas. What’s your point? Attendance at the Met has... 2:11 AM
  • erricco: That was an outstanding production…& #8230;…and Ottawa had many others in those years 12:34 AM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: On the other side of town an old man is screaming for Stella by starlight httpv://www.youtub 12:23 AM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: Looks like Roberto is feeling chipper for the second Vasco da Gama (lots more out there) httpv:// 12:15 AM
  • Bill: Bronzino – yes when I was young and my great aunt had 4 subscription tickets for every Met matinee in the first row of the... 11:43 PM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: Here it is! httpv://www.youtub i7_aW3I httpv://www.youtub ZSTjYUs 11:32 PM

Prognosis negative

Which opera rag has just done away with its new publisher, less than three months after a much-publicized hire?

• m. croche says:

A real whodunit.

Or dunwhatsit.

• operaassport says:

How many opera rags are even left?

• rysanekfreak says:

Pamela Dunaway…Opera News?

• ML says:

It is possible that she herself realized it wasn’t something she wanted to do. Perhaps too small-scale?

• Volte-Face says:

Parterre Box?

• redbear says:

A bit of humor to lighten the mood from Joseph Calleja:

• The Anna Netrebko Digest? Oh and by the way she’s out of tonight’s Elisir.

• stignanispawn says:

I never understood why Pamela Dunaway was hired by Opera News/MOG in the first place. After seeing this blind item, I went back and reread a press release about her appointment and had the same reaction as when I first read it.
    I feel badly for Ms. Dunaway because, simply put, she should not have been hired as publisher and chief marketing officer of Opera News. Given her past experience, at least as reported in the media, she should have known it wasn’t a good match. This is reminiscent of the Met’s Hugh Southern debacle during the 1980′s.

• Flora del Rio Grande says:

Well Stig, Gelb has long been planning his revenge against
    Opera News (remember all that?), and I guess Pamela was
    supposed to be it — since the Geo Washington Bridge has
    been done.
    I no longer bother to read Opera Snooze, and I doubt this
    change will make much difference.

• ML says:

That makes sense, and agreed on the snoozy aspect.

Does anyone know what happened exactly? Was she canned? Who canned her? Who’s in charge now?

Has Gelb failed in his “revenge”?

• Chanterelle says:

Norman Lebrecht just reported this as a fait accompli, asking “what happened?” Good question--Dunaway was barely on long enough to bring out a single issue.