• DeepSouthSenior: Well, I’m wincing with paid from all the arm-twisting, so both it is! We have a fine big screen plasma TV with... 11:16 PM
  • Donna Anna: Yeah, you can watch it at home but for us, this was an OMG best experienced in the theater. The Saturday audience was pretty... 11:01 PM
  • CwbyLA: Go see it in the movie theater. It is a stunning performance. You should not wait that long for it to appear on bluray. The... 9:25 PM
  • Krunoslav: “Mastilovic, Behrens, Zschau” ……R 30;…. As Irving Kolodin wrote in one of his better phrases,... 9:24 PM
  • Krunoslav: Zach Borichevsky as Anatol???????????? ??? 8:50 PM
  • Constantine A. Papas: After the initial set up, all the parties, domestic and international, make a profit with the Met’s HD... 8:25 PM
  • Flora del Rio Grande: Santa Fe, quite aside from the summer season, is a pretty good opera town and for the most part the Metcasts, shown... 8:09 PM
  • Poison Ivy: I think it will be. From what I can hear Stemme has an attractive middle register which is considerably warmer and richer than... 7:56 PM

Prognosis negative

Which opera rag has just done away with its new publisher, less than three months after a much-publicized hire?

• 1
    m. croche says:

A real whodunit.

Or dunwhatsit.

• 2
    operaassport says:

How many opera rags are even left?

• 3
    rysanekfreak says:

Pamela Dunaway…Opera News?

• 3.1
      ML says:

It is possible that she herself realized it wasn’t something she wanted to do. Perhaps too small-scale?

• 4
    Volte-Face says:

Parterre Box?

• 5
    redbear says:

A bit of humor to lighten the mood from Joseph Calleja:

• 6

The Anna Netrebko Digest? Oh and by the way she’s out of tonight’s Elisir.

• 7
    stignanispawn says:

I never understood why Pamela Dunaway was hired by Opera News/MOG in the first place. After seeing this blind item, I went back and reread a press release about her appointment and had the same reaction as when I first read it.
    I feel badly for Ms. Dunaway because, simply put, she should not have been hired as publisher and chief marketing officer of Opera News. Given her past experience, at least as reported in the media, she should have known it wasn’t a good match. This is reminiscent of the Met’s Hugh Southern debacle during the 1980’s.

• 8
    Flora del Rio Grande says:

Well Stig, Gelb has long been planning his revenge against
    Opera News (remember all that?), and I guess Pamela was
    supposed to be it — since the Geo Washington Bridge has
    been done.
    I no longer bother to read Opera Snooze, and I doubt this
    change will make much difference.

• 8.1
      ML says:

That makes sense, and agreed on the snoozy aspect.

Does anyone know what happened exactly? Was she canned? Who canned her? Who’s in charge now?

Has Gelb failed in his “revenge”?

• 9
    Chanterelle says:

Norman Lebrecht just reported this as a fait accompli, asking “what happened?” Good question--Dunaway was barely on long enough to bring out a single issue.