• Camille: She’s the elder Renée Fleming 8:08 PM
  • Operngasse: I was comparing various tenors singing “In fernem Land” and felt that Vogt and Kaufmann were on opposite ends of... 8:02 PM
  • Camille: oh Thanks a lot to everyone! Now I think to have the general idea of the place and I ask because today an e-mail notifying me... 7:50 PM
  • LT: Is Farrar the new Mary Garden? 7:45 PM
  • ipomoea: Hi Camille, Chanterelle, Tory, Vil, I attend Jordan Hall performances a lot and have sat all over the house. Everything offered... 7:31 PM
  • Tory Adore: Hi Camille- I’ve attended a fair amount of performances there and the sides where the audience sits are oddly raked... 7:02 PM
  • vilbastarda: Camille, the balcony at Jordan Hall has excellent acoustic. The “bad” spots are in the orchestra level in the... 6:54 PM
  • Chanterelle: Oops, you’re right. I saw them both this spring and wouldn’t you know, they blurred right together–tho ugh... 5:42 PM

Prognosis negative

Which opera rag has just done away with its new publisher, less than three months after a much-publicized hire?

• m. croche says:

A real whodunit.

Or dunwhatsit.

• operaassport says:

How many opera rags are even left?

• rysanekfreak says:

Pamela Dunaway…Opera News?

• ML says:

It is possible that she herself realized it wasn’t something she wanted to do. Perhaps too small-scale?

• Volte-Face says:

Parterre Box?

• redbear says:

A bit of humor to lighten the mood from Joseph Calleja:

• The Anna Netrebko Digest? Oh and by the way she’s out of tonight’s Elisir.

• stignanispawn says:

I never understood why Pamela Dunaway was hired by Opera News/MOG in the first place. After seeing this blind item, I went back and reread a press release about her appointment and had the same reaction as when I first read it.
    I feel badly for Ms. Dunaway because, simply put, she should not have been hired as publisher and chief marketing officer of Opera News. Given her past experience, at least as reported in the media, she should have known it wasn’t a good match. This is reminiscent of the Met’s Hugh Southern debacle during the 1980′s.

• Flora del Rio Grande says:

Well Stig, Gelb has long been planning his revenge against
    Opera News (remember all that?), and I guess Pamela was
    supposed to be it — since the Geo Washington Bridge has
    been done.
    I no longer bother to read Opera Snooze, and I doubt this
    change will make much difference.

• ML says:

That makes sense, and agreed on the snoozy aspect.

Does anyone know what happened exactly? Was she canned? Who canned her? Who’s in charge now?

Has Gelb failed in his “revenge”?

• Chanterelle says:

Norman Lebrecht just reported this as a fait accompli, asking “what happened?” Good question--Dunaway was barely on long enough to bring out a single issue.