• Gualtier M: Oh well I tried to get it to start at the beginning of the number. However knock it back to... 9:49 PM
  • Gualtier M: Okay, here is some pirated video of Teresa Stratas as you have never seen her before:... 9:45 PM
  • Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: My contribution: httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=y67- djGTRD0 It’s a... 9:33 PM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: The MET press release for MACBETH is surprising. Of the 11 photos from the production... 9:22 PM
  • mercadante: Pristine Audio by Andrew Rose does an extraordinary job with this NORMA. Makes Myto and others... 9:20 PM
  • Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: Gualtier, I would be happy to make a copy for you and send it to you by post,... 9:18 PM
  • Gualtier M: Oh God Marianne – if you weren’t in Europe I would transfer it for you. You... 9:08 PM
  • Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: I just checked and I actually have it. Gualtier has the right title but OIMDOC... 8:48 PM
  • Poison Ivy: I know. Most sopranos treat this aria as a beautiful piece of vocalise, which it is.... 8:00 PM
  • kashania: Oh, OK then! Many years ago, someone made me a copy of the Gala release and that was my intro to... 7:38 PM

Less cowbell

An auction of the meager remains of the bankrupt New York City Opera’s property musical instruments, some bits of scenery and costumes is scheduled for December 12. [New York Times]

Opera Teen SOS:

Just DON’T!!!!

Another symbol for George Steel’s destruction of the New York City Opera. Actually there are some good things in this sale. Makes one wonder why the tools and the were withheld from the big auction.

I’m just left wondering what Big Q got Bev’s wig as Elisabetta in Roberto Devereux?? Or the Manon swing? Or the wig as Cleopatra.

I know someone has them.

• marshiemarkII says:

How can one not loveya carissssima CammiB :-) :-) :-)
      You really are the most adored honorary Q here!

• la vociaccia says:

Camille, didn’t Operateen get the Bev swing?

The poor child got a load of crap from them. It was just disgusting what they sent out to unsuspecting persons.

I just can’t make up my mind about Peter Grimes, vociaccia!!! I feel obligated to go but I am just not in the mood for such a dark subject. Too many Fraus have done me in this week.

We’ll see. I hope La Valkyrietta will go and you, too. I am just not in the mood for suicide.

• la vociaccia says:

Oh Camille please do! I promise it will be wonderful and will cleanse your palate after all those fraus; but if the subject is too dunkel, you can still go to the Spring Symphony and Tenor serenade with the NY Philharmonic on Saturday night, which will also feature Mr. Griffey in both tenor parts (filling in last minute for a sick Paul Appleby)!

But please come to the Grimes! I’m so excited about it!

Vociaccia cha-cha,

Thank you so much for the encouragement but I just want to stay home and listen to the Rosenkavalier prima. I was out last night and don’t feel like going out again tonight and I know a lot of you will all excitedly chime in about it. The NY Phil I may go hear, though, so mucho spasibo for posting that. Poor Paul Appleby is probably suffering from too much internet exposure! Cute guy.

And to be honest, when push comes to shove, I am a Straussian and not a Brittenite. I find these days the more I try to force myself to “like” something, the less I do. I’ve heard enough, over a lifetime, to know what spins my wheel, and as my life is in its senior stage now, I don’t have time for the things I hate.
            “And that’s why the lady is a tramp.”

Have fun and best wishes from me.

• marshiemarkII says:

I am the same mood CammiB, gotta reserve some energy for Tuesday, and though I love and admire Griffey, it is so dark, that opera, and the last time I saw it was in 1978 (same year as the Frau!!!! what a year!) with Jon the God! I think I saw at least two or three performances, extraordinary!!!!
        In fact that same year it was the Otello with Scotto, really what a year huh?!?!?!?
        Oh my God, and the Werthers with la Yelena and THE Regine, and the Caballe Adriana, and the Fidelio with you know who!!!!!!, oh that was the greatest season ever it seems……..

Was ist “Tuesday”?

After Vickers, it would be perhaps to hear anyone else. Understandably.

You think that Britten may have just been jealous of his success in the role since it was written especially for Pears, and Vickers was maybe better known? I do not really know much about it all.

• No big Qs got them. They all burned to ashed in the fire in 1980-something.

My friend Rontano got the original picture that was used in the Times cover of her as Elizabetta. I hope he will live for many years, but i have already pissed all over it and marked that one as mine, after i recover from the shock of having to burry one of the people i love most in the world.

• Tory Adore says:

Hey that cowbell will come in handy when performing that Calypso tune LaCieca used for the graphic. more cowbell!