• Krunoslav: ‘When was last superb Rodolfo [--] Carreras???’ Fabiano is excellent, but I’ll... 1:24 AM
  • antikitschychick: goodness what a harsh review! Poor Joseph Calleja is reduced to a Teddy Bear…and... 12:35 AM
  • DellaCasaFan: If it is 1914, then that small (and lovely) area on the Adriatic coast that is now Slovenian... 12:26 AM
  • zinka: http://www.handelm ania.com/mad.htm There is probably ONE PERSON here who knows if I have posted this... 10:42 PM
  • Camille: I seriously doubt it, as how many recordings would there be of this bewitching piece? What a... 10:42 PM
  • zinka: httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=9XXC Snqse54 I have this and the quartet on video..GREAT MAN!!!! It... 10:29 PM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: Just saw the new highly erotic Warlikowski production of Don Giovanni from La Monnaie. I... 10:28 PM
  • zinka: httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=rAgs kmPiRWkv Bianca Berini really was UP with the best..Dec.20,19... 10:24 PM
  • Camille: Grand merci! Sabine Devieilhe first came to my attention earlier in the year, while listening to a... 10:08 PM
  • Camille: Thanks for having posted. It has always been my favourite section of that film and the one readily... 9:45 PM

Less cowbell

An auction of the meager remains of the bankrupt New York City Opera’s property musical instruments, some bits of scenery and costumes is scheduled for December 12. [New York Times]

Opera Teen SOS:

Just DON’T!!!!

Another symbol for George Steel’s destruction of the New York City Opera. Actually there are some good things in this sale. Makes one wonder why the tools and the were withheld from the big auction.

I’m just left wondering what Big Q got Bev’s wig as Elisabetta in Roberto Devereux?? Or the Manon swing? Or the wig as Cleopatra.

I know someone has them.

• marshiemarkII says:

How can one not loveya carissssima CammiB :-) :-) :-)
      You really are the most adored honorary Q here!

• la vociaccia says:

Camille, didn’t Operateen get the Bev swing?

The poor child got a load of crap from them. It was just disgusting what they sent out to unsuspecting persons.

I just can’t make up my mind about Peter Grimes, vociaccia!!! I feel obligated to go but I am just not in the mood for such a dark subject. Too many Fraus have done me in this week.

We’ll see. I hope La Valkyrietta will go and you, too. I am just not in the mood for suicide.

• la vociaccia says:

Oh Camille please do! I promise it will be wonderful and will cleanse your palate after all those fraus; but if the subject is too dunkel, you can still go to the Spring Symphony and Tenor serenade with the NY Philharmonic on Saturday night, which will also feature Mr. Griffey in both tenor parts (filling in last minute for a sick Paul Appleby)!

But please come to the Grimes! I’m so excited about it!

Vociaccia cha-cha,

Thank you so much for the encouragement but I just want to stay home and listen to the Rosenkavalier prima. I was out last night and don’t feel like going out again tonight and I know a lot of you will all excitedly chime in about it. The NY Phil I may go hear, though, so mucho spasibo for posting that. Poor Paul Appleby is probably suffering from too much internet exposure! Cute guy.

And to be honest, when push comes to shove, I am a Straussian and not a Brittenite. I find these days the more I try to force myself to “like” something, the less I do. I’ve heard enough, over a lifetime, to know what spins my wheel, and as my life is in its senior stage now, I don’t have time for the things I hate.
            “And that’s why the lady is a tramp.”

Have fun and best wishes from me.

• marshiemarkII says:

I am the same mood CammiB, gotta reserve some energy for Tuesday, and though I love and admire Griffey, it is so dark, that opera, and the last time I saw it was in 1978 (same year as the Frau!!!! what a year!) with Jon the God! I think I saw at least two or three performances, extraordinary!!!!
        In fact that same year it was the Otello with Scotto, really what a year huh?!?!?!?
        Oh my God, and the Werthers with la Yelena and THE Regine, and the Caballe Adriana, and the Fidelio with you know who!!!!!!, oh that was the greatest season ever it seems……..

Was ist “Tuesday”?

After Vickers, it would be perhaps to hear anyone else. Understandably.

You think that Britten may have just been jealous of his success in the role since it was written especially for Pears, and Vickers was maybe better known? I do not really know much about it all.

• No big Qs got them. They all burned to ashed in the fire in 1980-something.

My friend Rontano got the original picture that was used in the Times cover of her as Elizabetta. I hope he will live for many years, but i have already pissed all over it and marked that one as mine, after i recover from the shock of having to burry one of the people i love most in the world.

• Tory Adore says:

Hey that cowbell will come in handy when performing that Calypso tune LaCieca used for the graphic. more cowbell!