• operaassport: That’s a common clause in contracts and has nothing to do with who is more powerful. 6:19 PM
  • operaassport: “Pretty significant cuts.” You must be reading a different document than me. I see... 6:18 PM
  • operaassport: Nice try from our resident union spokesman but when “AGMA” decides how it is going... 6:15 PM
  • operaassport: That was meant for union spokesman Dabrowski. 6:13 PM
  • operaassport: You’d be wrong because that’s not how it works. A board sets the mandate and Gelb... 6:11 PM
  • mercadante: I hear a lovely and individual voice with a superb schooling, excellent musicianship and charm to... 5:43 PM
  • kashania: Clita: I think your attacking tone (not to mention the unnecessary attack on another poster from... 5:40 PM
  • La Valkyrietta: When reading in the posts here all these artists with the same names, like in a Rossini opera... 5:28 PM
  • La Cieca: Okay, both of you take a break. You’ll be on moderation until tomorrow morning. 5:28 PM
  • Poison Ivy: Seriously, get help. You make it clear how much you dislike certain singers in every.fucking.p... 5:20 PM

Save the date!

La Cieca asks all members of the cher public in the New York City area to pencil in 3:00 pm on Sunday, November 24 as combination meet-and-greet of the parterriani and viewing of the HD film of Les Vêpres siciliennes at Symphony Space.

Your doyenne will arrange (as possible) a discount rate for a parterre group for the video of the Stefan Herheim staging from the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, and for the moment she asks you all to consider whether you are interested in attending such an event. She’ll get a head count (not unlike dear Duchess Hélène) a little later this month as arrangements begin to gel.

• mountmccabe says:

I would love to see this.

• bluecabochon says:

Congratulations to Manou, grandmother of the year. Boy or girl?

• grimoaldo says:

Many congrats to treasurable manou!

Everyone is very kind and I am very touched, but I am afraid we should not take up any more room here with matters neonatal -- La Cieca will soon lose patience!

• Satisfied says:

I’m there LC!!

• newlyaddicted says:

Was anyone else at Symphony Space this passed Sunday for La Donna Del Lago?
    What the f*#k was wrong with the projection, I’ve seen better picture quality from YouTube on my phone.
    Granted the sound was great and the singer outstanding so it was a lovely afternoon. I can’t imagine going that far up town to see another broadcast that looks like it was filtered through instagram by a 12 year old.
    Of course I rushed home to look on Intermezzo for production photographs to find out what exactly was going on and why DiDonato started and ended the Opera in a glass case attended by Victorian Gentlemen. That’s when I realized I might have been better off with the completely solerized projection and no background detail at Symphony Space.

That Donna del lago was really a damp squib (an appropriate analogy for Guy Fawkes’ Day). Nobody had much of an idea what was going on (except the director and perhaps the members of the cast) and the ‘concept’, such as it was, sunk out of sight in the course of the opera and it morphed into a conventional production of the most banal kind. That being said, the image of Joyce floating in her glass case was rather beautiful.

• newlyaddicted says:

At Symphony space we could only see about 20% of the picture, the rest was black or blacker. Seems that was a good thing.
    If it really was a Damp Squid of a production maybe Geld will import it to the Met.
    He can’t just import his Squibs from ENO

• Jamie01 says:

Any chance JJ will make an appearance?