• grimoaldo: Handel finished composing “Floridante& #8221;, for instance, on 28 November 1721, it had its... 1:36 PM
  • Benedetta Funghi-Trifolati: Renato Bruson does an amazing job in Florence with the very difficult ‘Sì,... 1:18 PM
  • luvtennis: Opera Teen: While the Bohm recording has been a popular choice over the years (I like it less than... 1:04 PM
  • Clita del Toro: I know that I am in the minority, but I am not crazy about Nilsson’s Isolde. I was at... 12:59 PM
  • WindyCityOperaman: Agreeing with everyone here that the choice is between the evergreen Furtwangler and the... 12:14 PM
  • phoenix: Mosuc cancelled Caterina Cornaro in Montpellier. Here is the cast for tonight’s perforamance... 12:03 PM
  • WindyCityOperaman: Born on this day in 1796 librettist, poet and politician Carlo Pepoli httpv://www.you... 12:03 PM
  • armerjacquino: There are trains, but they weren’t ideally timed for evening shows, and there’s... 11:51 AM
  • Satisfied: Regina – Yes, there is a train near the venue and a cab is about 15 to 20 bucks each way.... 11:49 AM
  • Cocky Kurwenal: I’m looking forward to hearing Mosuc, it will be the first time for me, so I’m... 11:41 AM

Fall forward

La Cieca (right) has started arranging her engagment book for the autumn season as best she can, what with this thing, that thing and the other. But she’s also interested (if only in passing) on what you, the cher public (left) plan to see here in New York City between now and the end of 2013. Utterly scientific polls follow the jump.

What are your must-sees for autumn 2013?

Salome

Peer Gynt

Does it make sense? Madrid Makes sense

• Buster says:

Not surpised Fledermaus is not doing so well. Intermezzo had a post on ENO having problems filling the house for their Gay Rosalinda.

Why on earth not another Strauss operetta for a change? Now we have superb editions/recordings of even the most obscure ones (Die Göttin der Vernunft, Der lustige Krieg, Das Spitzentuch der Königin, Prinz Methusalem, Jabuka, Der Carneval in Rom, Prinz Methusalem, Fürstin Ninetta) there is no excuse to neglect these works any longer.

• Buster says:

Good to see all the votes for Baden-Baden 1927 with Helen Donath -- wish I could go to that.

Buster—
      Oh my goodness, Mme. Donath still at it? I will try to get to that one especially for *U*, mejn Buster, and get the programme sent to you. I shall certainly make a point of doing so, if all goes as I plan.

Ik hou van je—

Camille

• Buster says:

Thanka a alot, Camille, that would be great! Donath gave a concert here in spring, at the Concertgebouw. Her voice was in astoundingly good shape, and the musicianship and personality as winning as ever. Easily the best concert of the season. She encored with the Otello Ave Maria! A superb Schubert Salve Regina was the highlight for me:

Happy to see so many FrOSch Liebhabers!!

Camille plans on seeing La Leggenda di Sakùntala, with the valiant Teatro Grattacielo, if possible, and an opera she never ever expected to hear, albeit in concert, R. Strauss’s Feuersnot, with good old Uncle Leon and the ASO @ Carnegie Hall. Can not WAIT to hear the Wozzeck with the Wieners, either; very exciting, that!

Thanks a million , once more Cieca cara, for the fabulous New York Opera Calendar as it is an IMMENSE help in planning one’s musical life.

Oh, and I would not miss Mefistofe in Carnegie Hall, with those acoustics and for the choral singing, even if the Devil himself tempted me otherwise. I don’t even care who the soloists are, just want to hear the opening and closing, actually!

• traviata136 says: