• aulus agerius: IMO the ‘Timor’ ; is just too slow. It lacks shape from odd phrasing. There are a... 9:27 AM
  • Dabrowski: “Stage directors, if you can inspire this much ferocity in your singers, your job is 90%... 9:20 AM
  • Krunoslav: But WHY, you ask again? http://tinyurl.com /lgxm9eq 9:09 AM
  • Krunoslav: #9 needs to be amended, this sentence cut: “And for God’s sake, stop sniping at that poor... 9:06 AM
  • WindyCityOperaman: Born on this day in 1862 composer Claude Debussy httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=w... 8:26 AM
  • tiger1: I finally saw and heard the Salzburg Trovatore, albeit on youtube so in somewhat sub-standard sound.... 7:37 AM
  • Lohengrin: Therefor Kaufmann only sings in linguages he is well speaking. The very nice Marschallin... 7:05 AM
  • spiderman: I’ve been there yesterday and Netrebkos technical mastery was astonishing. The voice was... 7:02 AM
  • Will: So, one of the great secrets of the theater world is exposed–a huge, elaborate production... 7:00 AM
  • mercadante: I’ve always been kind of ‘meh’ about Netrebko, but this was some of the... 6:58 AM

Fall forward

La Cieca (right) has started arranging her engagment book for the autumn season as best she can, what with this thing, that thing and the other. But she’s also interested (if only in passing) on what you, the cher public (left) plan to see here in New York City between now and the end of 2013. Utterly scientific polls follow the jump.

What are your must-sees for autumn 2013?

Salome

Peer Gynt

Does it make sense? Madrid Makes sense

• Buster says:

Not surpised Fledermaus is not doing so well. Intermezzo had a post on ENO having problems filling the house for their Gay Rosalinda.

Why on earth not another Strauss operetta for a change? Now we have superb editions/recordings of even the most obscure ones (Die Göttin der Vernunft, Der lustige Krieg, Das Spitzentuch der Königin, Prinz Methusalem, Jabuka, Der Carneval in Rom, Prinz Methusalem, Fürstin Ninetta) there is no excuse to neglect these works any longer.

• Buster says:

Good to see all the votes for Baden-Baden 1927 with Helen Donath -- wish I could go to that.

Buster—
      Oh my goodness, Mme. Donath still at it? I will try to get to that one especially for *U*, mejn Buster, and get the programme sent to you. I shall certainly make a point of doing so, if all goes as I plan.

Ik hou van je—

Camille

• Buster says:

Thanka a alot, Camille, that would be great! Donath gave a concert here in spring, at the Concertgebouw. Her voice was in astoundingly good shape, and the musicianship and personality as winning as ever. Easily the best concert of the season. She encored with the Otello Ave Maria! A superb Schubert Salve Regina was the highlight for me:

Happy to see so many FrOSch Liebhabers!!

Camille plans on seeing La Leggenda di Sakùntala, with the valiant Teatro Grattacielo, if possible, and an opera she never ever expected to hear, albeit in concert, R. Strauss’s Feuersnot, with good old Uncle Leon and the ASO @ Carnegie Hall. Can not WAIT to hear the Wozzeck with the Wieners, either; very exciting, that!

Thanks a million , once more Cieca cara, for the fabulous New York Opera Calendar as it is an IMMENSE help in planning one’s musical life.

Oh, and I would not miss Mefistofe in Carnegie Hall, with those acoustics and for the choral singing, even if the Devil himself tempted me otherwise. I don’t even care who the soloists are, just want to hear the opening and closing, actually!

• traviata136 says: