• Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: Wenn du ernsthaft über authentische Wiener Küche bist, versuchst Stehman am... 7:18 AM
  • Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: Ich war eigentlich nie da. Ein lieber Freund aus Praha kommt einmal jeden... 7:04 AM
  • Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: I almost never post commercial recordings at my Mixcloud site, but after all... 6:55 AM
  • moritz: In Austria, we (…) tend not to have kitschy nicknames for our theaters. :) :) But to be fair,... 6:38 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: Dates: Mefistofele: 24, 29.10, 1, 6, 10, 15.11, 21.7, 24.7 Feuriger Engel: 29.11, 3, 6, 9,... 6:31 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: Übrigens wie ist den der Figlmüller? Wir sind über Ostern in Wien und wollten ein gutes... 5:54 AM
  • Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: UA is the German abbreviation for Uraufführung: World Premiere.... 5:20 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: Well no one is quite sure yet. But here something in the SZ: http://press-ab... 5:15 AM
  • tiger1: What, dear Feldmarchallin, is UA im Prinzi? TIger 5:03 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: I made a few inquires and it seems the next season at BSO will look like this (more or... 4:19 AM

Fall forward

La Cieca (right) has started arranging her engagment book for the autumn season as best she can, what with this thing, that thing and the other. But she’s also interested (if only in passing) on what you, the cher public (left) plan to see here in New York City between now and the end of 2013. Utterly scientific polls follow the jump.

What are your must-sees for autumn 2013?

Salome

Peer Gynt

Does it make sense? Madrid Makes sense

• Buster says:

Not surpised Fledermaus is not doing so well. Intermezzo had a post on ENO having problems filling the house for their Gay Rosalinda.

Why on earth not another Strauss operetta for a change? Now we have superb editions/recordings of even the most obscure ones (Die Göttin der Vernunft, Der lustige Krieg, Das Spitzentuch der Königin, Prinz Methusalem, Jabuka, Der Carneval in Rom, Prinz Methusalem, Fürstin Ninetta) there is no excuse to neglect these works any longer.

• Buster says:

Good to see all the votes for Baden-Baden 1927 with Helen Donath -- wish I could go to that.

Buster—
      Oh my goodness, Mme. Donath still at it? I will try to get to that one especially for *U*, mejn Buster, and get the programme sent to you. I shall certainly make a point of doing so, if all goes as I plan.

Ik hou van je—

Camille

• Buster says:

Thanka a alot, Camille, that would be great! Donath gave a concert here in spring, at the Concertgebouw. Her voice was in astoundingly good shape, and the musicianship and personality as winning as ever. Easily the best concert of the season. She encored with the Otello Ave Maria! A superb Schubert Salve Regina was the highlight for me:

Happy to see so many FrOSch Liebhabers!!

Camille plans on seeing La Leggenda di Sakùntala, with the valiant Teatro Grattacielo, if possible, and an opera she never ever expected to hear, albeit in concert, R. Strauss’s Feuersnot, with good old Uncle Leon and the ASO @ Carnegie Hall. Can not WAIT to hear the Wozzeck with the Wieners, either; very exciting, that!

Thanks a million , once more Cieca cara, for the fabulous New York Opera Calendar as it is an IMMENSE help in planning one’s musical life.

Oh, and I would not miss Mefistofe in Carnegie Hall, with those acoustics and for the choral singing, even if the Devil himself tempted me otherwise. I don’t even care who the soloists are, just want to hear the opening and closing, actually!

• traviata136 says: