• Camille: Here you be, darlin’̵ 2; httpv://youtube.co m/watch?v=JudgofOU Sas I admire Mme Gens very much but need to listen a bit... 1:59 PM
  • derschatzgabber: I am baffled my Stewart Wallace’s career as an opera composer. Even after the significant revisions that Lotfi... 1:54 PM
  • armerjacquino: Yes, lovely stuff. And thank you for Norman, too- the first recording of the work I ever owned. My favourite is Veronique... 1:26 PM
  • Camille: Assolutamente strepitosa!!!! Recall having read an interview with Ms. Streep in which she recounted listening to “some... 1:16 PM
  • kashania: I listened to all the Dido’s Laments that Kruno posted. I think the one that struck me most was Anderson, even with her... 1:15 PM
  • Camille: Sorry, that should be 1955. Features Tucker, Singher, Amara and I just heard McCracken gargling out a few lines as some minor... 1:06 PM
  • Camille: It perhaps bears mentioning that Miss Peters is singing her Olympia this week on a Sirius broadcast of Les Contes d’Hoffm... 1:05 PM
  • aulus agerius: He does sing it twice, exactly the same afaict. And no hi D. It’s amazing the wiggery can’t do any better by... 12:49 PM

Little red lorgnette

La Cieca (pictured) gives you leave to discuss off-topic and general interest subjects.

• 61
    zinka says:

My beloved Mario in the Zandonai Romeo aria..First singer I ever saw live…Born July 27, 1915..He tried to shade that incredible “bronze’ voice…..some people said he”yelled.” BULL!!!! He covered low….the voice was so solid..a “bronze column of sound’ from bottom to top..Saw him 40 times..will never forget him!!!!!!

• 62
    zinka says:

Who are the singers of the past whose EVERY BREATH you MUST own???? Here is my list (that is why I am poor) and I invite you to add yours:

Caruso, Muzio, Olivero, Gencer, Soviero, Zeani, Stignani,
    Milanov, Galvany, Lisitsian, Tetrazzini, Callas.

I have so many others whom I love, but the above is my special “cannot do without” list. Why don’t you add yours? as ever Charlie

• 62.2
      soubrettino says:

Zinka: Muzio 1000+

As for me, I have most of Moffo’s oeuvre *dips head in shame* I even have this:

Her Fiora (L’amore dei tre re) broke my heart.

• 63
  • 64
    zinka says:

CLIP TO FOLLOW:

1957….Curtain opened on act two Walkure…Moedl starts the Battle Cry…We were HYSTERICAL doubled up over the standee rail because it was a RIOT!!!!! Little did I know that NOW if you said,”Charlie..Nilsson or Moedl..you can have only one” I would have a problem deciding..BECAUSE Moedl after the scoopiest scoops i ever heard, sang and acted with such warmth,richness,magnetism,that by the end of the opera i was in TEARS!!!!!!! I still cannot forget the first impression and you willl hear in this clip what I meant..but SO WHAT!!!!!!!!! She remains for me the greatest stage personality I ever saw and the flaws meant nothing……

• 65
    zinka says:

SEE WHAT I MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 66
    zinka says:

More Mario on his birthday,July 27…In an era today of “safe’ singing….he would not be allowed on the Met stage…Bless this guy….I loved him so much…FEARLESS!