• DeepSouthSenior: Please let it be noted that I did not make the original statements – “redbear&... 3:37 AM
  • Lohengrin: Sorry, he is NOT my cup of tea……& #8230;…. 3:15 AM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: One could hardly notice his absence then, he doesn’t have that much to sing +... 2:54 AM
  • La Cieca: Here is the final scene from 28 September. Whatever Alagna’s injury, either he recovered... 2:49 AM
  • Albertine: The interval was after the auto-da-fe scene, and of course Don Carlo does not appear in the... 2:29 AM
  • Albertine: It certainly was the 4 act version, and the gist of of the public announcment was that RA was sick... 2:13 AM
  • derschatzgabber: If memory serves, I think Gockley has indicated that he intends to retire at the end of his... 2:03 AM
  • sfmike: Here’s another vote for the “Galina̶ 1; autobiography, one of the most wild,... 1:50 AM
  • SilvestriWoman: Could Speight be going to San Francisco??? 1:32 AM
  • mrsjohnclaggart: I should be clear, it was not Alagna getting through “Part Two”. 12:40 AM

Little red lorgnette

La Cieca (pictured) gives you leave to discuss off-topic and general interest subjects.

• zinka says:

My beloved Mario in the Zandonai Romeo aria..First singer I ever saw live…Born July 27, 1915..He tried to shade that incredible “bronze’ voice…..some people said he”yelled.” BULL!!!! He covered low….the voice was so solid..a “bronze column of sound’ from bottom to top..Saw him 40 times..will never forget him!!!!!!

• zinka says:

Who are the singers of the past whose EVERY BREATH you MUST own???? Here is my list (that is why I am poor) and I invite you to add yours:

Caruso, Muzio, Olivero, Gencer, Soviero, Zeani, Stignani,
    Milanov, Galvany, Lisitsian, Tetrazzini, Callas.

I have so many others whom I love, but the above is my special “cannot do without” list. Why don’t you add yours? as ever Charlie

• soubrettino says:

Zinka: Muzio 1000+

As for me, I have most of Moffo’s oeuvre *dips head in shame* I even have this:

Her Fiora (L’amore dei tre re) broke my heart.

• zinka says:

CLIP TO FOLLOW:

1957….Curtain opened on act two Walkure…Moedl starts the Battle Cry…We were HYSTERICAL doubled up over the standee rail because it was a RIOT!!!!! Little did I know that NOW if you said,”Charlie..Nilsson or Moedl..you can have only one” I would have a problem deciding..BECAUSE Moedl after the scoopiest scoops i ever heard, sang and acted with such warmth,richness,magnetism,that by the end of the opera i was in TEARS!!!!!!! I still cannot forget the first impression and you willl hear in this clip what I meant..but SO WHAT!!!!!!!!! She remains for me the greatest stage personality I ever saw and the flaws meant nothing……

• zinka says:

SEE WHAT I MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• zinka says:

More Mario on his birthday,July 27…In an era today of “safe’ singing….he would not be allowed on the Met stage…Bless this guy….I loved him so much…FEARLESS!