• Feldmarschallin: Well if you ask me you can put Merbeth, Dasch, Racette and Magee all in the same bag. They... 6:34 AM
  • Krunoslav: With Merbeth and Dasch plying their mediocre wares in this repertory, one scarcely meeds to look... 5:50 AM
  • Lurker_del_Cairo: Thank you – no wonder I could not find any performance information! 4:59 AM
  • Buster: Schwanewilms was an excellent Ariadne too, for Laufenberg. That was an awful production, by the way.... 4:47 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: http://www.gettyim ages.de/galleries/ events/543094813?p age=2 Photos von Salzburg besonders... 4:20 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: Well but you have to put up with Hillebrecht who was in the 60′s what Racette and... 4:16 AM
  • Buster: Ricarda Merbeth has a new website (about time), and facebook. From that we not only learn she will... 4:14 AM
  • Buster: The first Tatiana Troyanos Ariadne is back into print – always a hard one to find on CD. I... 4:07 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: Guten Morgen Camille and Marianne, no flowers yet but I do have a camille about to bloom... 1:44 AM
  • Operngasse: There is a very nice birthday entry for Samuel Ramey on barihunks.com: http://www.bari... 12:29 AM

Little red lorgnette

La Cieca (pictured) gives you leave to discuss off-topic and general interest subjects.

• zinka says:

My beloved Mario in the Zandonai Romeo aria..First singer I ever saw live…Born July 27, 1915..He tried to shade that incredible “bronze’ voice…..some people said he”yelled.” BULL!!!! He covered low….the voice was so solid..a “bronze column of sound’ from bottom to top..Saw him 40 times..will never forget him!!!!!!

• zinka says:

Who are the singers of the past whose EVERY BREATH you MUST own???? Here is my list (that is why I am poor) and I invite you to add yours:

Caruso, Muzio, Olivero, Gencer, Soviero, Zeani, Stignani,
    Milanov, Galvany, Lisitsian, Tetrazzini, Callas.

I have so many others whom I love, but the above is my special “cannot do without” list. Why don’t you add yours? as ever Charlie

• soubrettino says:

Zinka: Muzio 1000+

As for me, I have most of Moffo’s oeuvre *dips head in shame* I even have this:

Her Fiora (L’amore dei tre re) broke my heart.

• zinka says:

CLIP TO FOLLOW:

1957….Curtain opened on act two Walkure…Moedl starts the Battle Cry…We were HYSTERICAL doubled up over the standee rail because it was a RIOT!!!!! Little did I know that NOW if you said,”Charlie..Nilsson or Moedl..you can have only one” I would have a problem deciding..BECAUSE Moedl after the scoopiest scoops i ever heard, sang and acted with such warmth,richness,magnetism,that by the end of the opera i was in TEARS!!!!!!! I still cannot forget the first impression and you willl hear in this clip what I meant..but SO WHAT!!!!!!!!! She remains for me the greatest stage personality I ever saw and the flaws meant nothing……

• zinka says:

SEE WHAT I MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• zinka says:

More Mario on his birthday,July 27…In an era today of “safe’ singing….he would not be allowed on the Met stage…Bless this guy….I loved him so much…FEARLESS!