• Quanto Painy Fakor: Not a rumor! 6:52 PM
  • Will: I’ve been a big fan of Kevin Burdette for years–heR 17;s a great performer with a fine... 6:51 PM
  • Billys Butt: This is what the reviewer at backtrack has to say about Papatanasiu’ s Musetta: “She... 6:44 PM
  • manou: Casting pearls before swine. 6:16 PM
  • Will: Does use of the word “vintageR 21; in the above question suggest California to anyone beside... 6:15 PM
  • peter: That’s a horrible vicious rumor Dame Kenneth :-). 5:58 PM
  • damekenneth: Well, Lotfi never admitted liking men. 5:47 PM
  • operaassport: Probably. 5:42 PM
  • manou: He did sing at the subsequent performances. 5:32 PM
  • MontyNostry: … with an unnecessary British import? 5:03 PM

17 Across: Flamboyant Romanian countertenor (5 letters)

“Gheorghiu has admitted a romance with Cézar, a flamboyant Romanian counter-tenor, 15 years younger than she is, who represented his country in this year’s Eurovision Song Contest.” [The Telegraph]

• la vociaccia says:

Not enough people are talking about the dubstep part at around 1:38. Clearly a man of his time

• Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin says:

I wanted to let tutti Parterriani know that I just posted a live, in-house recording of a Cecilia Bartoli all-Rossini recital from 1992 taped in Berkeley, California at my Mixcloud site. Hopefully, this will provide younger opera fans the opportunity to hear what Bartoli sounded like – live – more than 20 years ago (and for us older ones to reminisce). The sound is really quite good. Just click on

As always, let me know if you have any requests, even commercial recordings. I am contemplating posting Simon Rattle’s complete Aix/Salzburg “Ring” Cycle (which will take a lot of work) but I need more feedback to know if anyone is interested before I do it.

Is there any way you can make your recordings downloadable without listening to them or watching them in real time?

• Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin says:

Entschuldigung, QPF, but that is what makes Mixcloud legal: you can’t download from it, hence there is no infringement of copyright. I know it can be inconvenient and frustrating, but that’s one of the limitations of the site. You can (or you should be able to) fast-forward within any single posting by dragging the the time-stamp cursor. In cases like the 34 excerpts from “Il trovatore” which I just posted, I have indexed each recording, so even though you can’t just click on one particular track (again, one of the limitations of Mixcloud), you can move the cursor to the selection you want to hear without having to wade through the whole post (which is over two-and-a-half hours long). As for complete opera recordings, it would take me forever to isolate and insert individual tracks, so I try to alleviate some of the inconvenience by posting each act of an opera separately. Again, I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience, but this is the best I can do to legally share these recordings. (For various reasons, uploading to YouTube is not an option for me.)

This Gheorgiu keeps his mouth shut when he works.

• casualoperafan says:

just a bad google translation. they meant a long period in the house of the soprano in Bucharest.

• -Ed. says:

I’ve been meaning to ask, and this thread seems as good a time as any..

What happened to the “filth” category here on parterre?

I do miss it so. Especially at parties.

• zinka says:

The POOR DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Clita del Toro says:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! +1=!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!