• MontyNostry: I thought you were talking about these guys … http://www.rush.co m/ 7:03 AM
  • williams: Ah Feldmarschallin! I smile and sigh at your naïveté. People pay well over face value for tickets... 6:29 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: But do not those Rush tickets have the prices paid on the ticket. How can one sell the... 6:17 AM
  • williams: There is a thriving secondary market for Rush tickets. A glance, for example, at Craigslist reveals... 5:58 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: BTW I got a very strange email from Todd. Did your account get hacked? You might want to... 4:11 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: Well Flora I must disagree with you. As much as I love Steber her Arabella cannot really be... 3:44 AM
  • Flora del Rio Grande: Mme Marschallin, my I suggest a better comment would be we haven’t had an... 1:01 AM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: I would welcome that. They should replace both of the hosts. 12:21 AM
  • Krunoslav: httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=FYFE c33zoqE 12:05 AM
  • Constantine A. Papas: Tonight on the internet, I watched live streaming of a concert from Carnegie... 11:52 PM

Tuesdays with Mary

Miss Garden smiled. “You probably have never seen a thin Violetta,” she exclaimed. “You’ll find that that will make a difference.”  Inaugurating a new feature on parterre, dedicated to the wit and wisdom of Mary Garden, as recorded by the journalists of her day.

• Feldmarschallin says:

Quanto I loved that clip of Liberace. Where and when can that whole movie be seen or is it out already in the States?
      Things usually come out here a few months later.

• antikitschychick says:

Yes I saw it on HBO :-) It was a very good movie….great acting by Michael and Matt.

• Cocky Kurwenal says:

It was made for TV in the states Feldmarschallin, but is being released in cinemas elsewhere. In the UK it has been out for a couple of weeks already.

• Will says:

“Mary Garden’s memory of the high C in La bohème from Nellie Melba’s last London concert: ‘That note came floating over the auditorium of Covent Garden. It left Melba’s throat, it left Melba’s body, it left everything…My God, how beautiful it was!’”

• Talk of the Town says:

“Mary Garden, this is your moment. Tomorrow Paris will be at your feet!”

--Mary Garden

• Buster says:

Just re-read what Michael Scott wrote about her in the Record of Singing -- fabulous chapter! She was not very tall (little Miss Garden), which I did not know, and a much better singer than her New York critics made her to look like. I only have the records she made with Debussy at the piano, which are irreplacable:

“I don’t have a voice, I have twenty!”

Miss Garden