• bobsnsane: A bumbling B production ? 6:47 PM
  • Stefan: The Staatsoper will stream it “live” on November 1. https://www.staats oper.de/en/staa... 6:47 PM
  • MontyNostry: Time for this clip again httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=LCFN cEFZn38 6:43 PM
  • antikitschychick: OMG I.JUST.CAN’T . This is beyond gorgeous singing…grea t accompaniment too.... 6:43 PM
  • bobsnsane: Titular… 6:37 PM
  • Krunoslav: http://www.klassik -in-berlin.de/bild er/opern/dob-nabuc co-08-600.jpg 6:35 PM
  • antikitschychick: WOW!!! :shock: That was amaaaaazing!! Thank you for sharing that Olivero. 6:32 PM
  • Grane: Well, John Belushi’s dead. Somebody’s got to wear the bee suit. 6:26 PM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: The gay stereotypes of some people… 6:08 PM
  • reedroom: mmm hmmm…serious case of “no gay friends”. 6:05 PM

Tuesdays with Mary

Miss Garden smiled. “You probably have never seen a thin Violetta,” she exclaimed. “You’ll find that that will make a difference.”  Inaugurating a new feature on parterre, dedicated to the wit and wisdom of Mary Garden, as recorded by the journalists of her day.

• Feldmarschallin says:

Quanto I loved that clip of Liberace. Where and when can that whole movie be seen or is it out already in the States?
      Things usually come out here a few months later.

• antikitschychick says:

Yes I saw it on HBO :-) It was a very good movie….great acting by Michael and Matt.

• Cocky Kurwenal says:

It was made for TV in the states Feldmarschallin, but is being released in cinemas elsewhere. In the UK it has been out for a couple of weeks already.

• Will says:

“Mary Garden’s memory of the high C in La bohème from Nellie Melba’s last London concert: ‘That note came floating over the auditorium of Covent Garden. It left Melba’s throat, it left Melba’s body, it left everything…My God, how beautiful it was!’”

• Talk of the Town says:

“Mary Garden, this is your moment. Tomorrow Paris will be at your feet!”

--Mary Garden

• Buster says:

Just re-read what Michael Scott wrote about her in the Record of Singing -- fabulous chapter! She was not very tall (little Miss Garden), which I did not know, and a much better singer than her New York critics made her to look like. I only have the records she made with Debussy at the piano, which are irreplacable:

“I don’t have a voice, I have twenty!”

Miss Garden