• Feldmarschallin: They were even better now in July than in Dec/Jan. They already filmed last Friday and again... 6:31 AM
  • Lohengrin: http://www.arte.tv /guide/de/053715-0 01/verdi-la-forza- del-destino?autopl ay=1 Available for 7... 6:21 AM
  • Cicciabella: Bora + Bora = Borras 6:09 AM
  • Cicciabella: Meli is an excellent bel canto tenor. Here’s hoping he can conquer Manrico. It will be... 6:06 AM
  • oedipe: OK, OK. But then: Bora x Bora = Bora, a clean and simple solution; whereas Bora + Bora = Boras?... 6:05 AM
  • Cicciabella: Well, that’s a relief. I love Domingo’s Spanish-accent Lohengrin with Studer (was... 5:41 AM
  • redbear: Warning: Rant! Since Tosca was mentioned, Luc Bondy’s Tosca was not a failure. What was a... 5:31 AM
  • manou: Bora square stays Bora – 1×1=1… Of course there is always Borat. 5:19 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: Nachts im Mozart-Opernmuseum : Mit Sven-Eric Bechtolfs Inszenierung von Mozarts “Don... 5:10 AM
  • oedipe: Cicciabella, let me reassure you about this one casting option: they are NOT hinting at Domingo. 5:05 AM

Lady for a décolleté

La Cieca invites the cher public to open up and discuss any off-topic or general interests they might want to get off their chest.

• zinka says:

in 1972 I went to City Opera for a Galvany Bolena..BUT who was that fabulous mezzo???It was Olivia Stapp. born may 29, 1940…later changed to soprano and a GREAT singer. She has done lots of directing out in California and is one of the nicest,funniest,sweetest ladies..(One of you make fun of my mentioning my diva friends..but they are just jealous..especially that I dated Nordica.)

LOVE YOU Olivia!!!!!!

• zinka says:

hhtpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzJQtQ54sT

The greatest Vissi d’arteyeyeyeyeyey…..La Cieca tried to better this..but was a dismal flop!!!!!

• zinka says:

Vedete??There is hope for all of us…..

• zinka says:

GREAT MAN May 30, 1919..Career shortened somewhat by herniated vocal chord,but he left an indelible mark in opera history!!!!!!

George London was a DYNAMO on stage!!!!!

• zinka says:

You know suddenly I started to cry as i heard London as Mandryka..Maybe his greatest role…You never know when the emotion hits you…..

• zinka says:

Here is a preview of the beautiful new album entitled, “Heart’s Delight,” featuring Piotr Beczala, one of the great tenors of this era and any era. I know Tauber would be thrilled!!!

• zinka says:

Yes,i loved all those great mezzos..but SHIRLEY belongs way way up there..One of the greatest!!!!!

May 31, 1931..Bless her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• zinka says:

I did not know Mascagni wrote Manon!!!!!!

Did we ever think she was dull??and FLOWERS NOW??????

Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freni,Garaventa

• zinka says:

How in the world is it possible for a famous artist opf Moffo’s stature (like Ricciarelli) to do this? I cannot understand it..Yes, one one level it is “funny,’ but considering her wonderful Met debut that i loved..it is sad.