• Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: Feldmarschallin – shall I assume you heard that Anne Schwanewilms has... 5:49 PM
  • DonCarloFanatic: Made me laugh. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn’t she skip some runs of fast notes... 5:40 PM
  • Lohengrin: Will wait to start my gardening till middle of April when I come back from Austria. Then it is... 4:32 PM
  • Feldmarschallin: Well you can plant certain things that don’t mind if the weather gets a little cooler.... 4:23 PM
  • Lohengrin: Feld, isn´t it a litte early to start planting? Will be cold the next days and nights. I have sawn... 4:01 PM
  • Feldmarschallin: Well I turned the Parsifal back on. The Requiem didn’t work for me. Don’t know... 3:46 PM
  • Camille: Ah, to be home again, back in the Bowl! It is so much fun to sit there on a warm summer’s... 3:33 PM
  • Feldmarschallin: Yes Camille all is well again. Busy in the garden already plating peas, kohlrabi and... 3:20 PM
  • Camille: Krunoslavsky— You were not only correct about Shagimuratova, you didn’t even rag on about how... 3:16 PM
  • Camille: Yes, but at least she is experienced in the role and that counts for something. I just can’t... 3:12 PM

Lady for a décolleté

La Cieca invites the cher public to open up and discuss any off-topic or general interests they might want to get off their chest.

• zinka says:

in 1972 I went to City Opera for a Galvany Bolena..BUT who was that fabulous mezzo???It was Olivia Stapp. born may 29, 1940…later changed to soprano and a GREAT singer. She has done lots of directing out in California and is one of the nicest,funniest,sweetest ladies..(One of you make fun of my mentioning my diva friends..but they are just jealous..especially that I dated Nordica.)

LOVE YOU Olivia!!!!!!

• zinka says:

hhtpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzJQtQ54sT

The greatest Vissi d’arteyeyeyeyeyey…..La Cieca tried to better this..but was a dismal flop!!!!!

• zinka says:

Vedete??There is hope for all of us…..

• zinka says:

GREAT MAN May 30, 1919..Career shortened somewhat by herniated vocal chord,but he left an indelible mark in opera history!!!!!!

George London was a DYNAMO on stage!!!!!

• zinka says:

You know suddenly I started to cry as i heard London as Mandryka..Maybe his greatest role…You never know when the emotion hits you…..

• zinka says:

Here is a preview of the beautiful new album entitled, “Heart’s Delight,” featuring Piotr Beczala, one of the great tenors of this era and any era. I know Tauber would be thrilled!!!

• zinka says:

Yes,i loved all those great mezzos..but SHIRLEY belongs way way up there..One of the greatest!!!!!

May 31, 1931..Bless her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• zinka says:

I did not know Mascagni wrote Manon!!!!!!

Did we ever think she was dull??and FLOWERS NOW??????

Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freni,Garaventa

• zinka says:

How in the world is it possible for a famous artist opf Moffo’s stature (like Ricciarelli) to do this? I cannot understand it..Yes, one one level it is “funny,’ but considering her wonderful Met debut that i loved..it is sad.