• Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: Gualtier: I was at the Albanese/Puccini Foundation event at Alice Tully Hall... 10:58 PM
  • Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: According to IMDb, the documentary was made in 1988, so he was 33 in the... 10:24 PM
  • mjmacmtenor: Here a bit from the Trovatore httpv://youtu.be/c QV_mJe1mq4 9:36 PM
  • WindyCityOperaman: At 60 still striking looking. Reading up on him on wiki and You Tube – interesting... 8:14 PM
  • WindyCityOperaman: Wasn’t it because her husband punched her in the face? She was probably smelling... 8:06 PM
  • manou: Celui-ci? http://tinyurl.com /nkmesfs 7:51 PM
  • Sanford: One of my favorite albums was the French arias album of Christiane Eda-Pierre which included the... 7:33 PM
  • danpatter: I’m very glad this has been so splendidly remastered. When it was first released, I... 7:15 PM
  • Henry Holland: He was supposed to retire from his position at the Los Angeles Opera in the summer of 2013,... 7:10 PM
  • Henry Holland: I love Boulez’ music and heavy metal (Mastodon is a current favorite) and hi-hop (old... 7:03 PM

… and now the worse news

A couple of tweets from Thomas Hampson detailing some grisly-sounding future projects, following the jump.

• adina says:

I may have to seek medical attention.

• Bianca Castafiore says:

Just like those poor folks at the Tannhäuser in Dusseldorf?????

• laddie says:

I imagine DD will sound something like this:

• Grane says:

Speaking of DDN, we may owe Natalie Dessay an apology. Looks like she just missed the one performance of GC.

And whoever it was who posted that weird rant when Dessay cancelled the one performance- ‘I told you all this would happen a year ago and you didn’t listen but I was right’ (but nastier and madder) probably should pop up to say something too, but since I can’t remember who it was there was, um, very little point in this post.

*slinks away*

• willym says:

Gosh maybe we should get together a record club like the Norman Lebrecht book club everyone was going on about earlier this week.

• m. croche says:

I’d pay good money for a Thomas Hampson -- Leon Redbone tribute album. Any chance we could get Hampson liquored up?

(at 4:40, Leon muses on the age of the castratos)

• Donna Anna says:

That would make one hell of a night club act, if Hampson allowed for a singalong.

Has anybody seen Baryshnikov dancing to Redbone’s Seduced? Unforgettable.

• papopera says:

Oh, I thought the worst news was that La Voigt would be indisposed for Saturday’s broadcast. No suck luck.

• Donna Anna says:

My first thought was who’s going to do Thank God I’m a Country Boy. Let Grigolo loose on that one. A friend of mine wrote a parody that went something along the lines of “…all this money, I can never be a loser. Thank God I’m a millionaire.”

• mjmacmtenor says:

This is like the classic version of opera singers going “pop” -- Lucia Poop and Renata von Trapp (AKA French and Saunders). Gotta love the Caballe wig!!