• LT: No, Yoncheva was going to sing Mimi, Angel Blue was to be Musetta. 7:14 PM
  • Archaeopteryx: Ah okay, so I guess Angel Joy Blue is taking her part? Yoncheva surely would have sung Musetta? 6:43 PM
  • LT: I see. Yoncheva was listed up until yesterday. 6:19 PM
  • Archaeopteryx: Carmen Giannattasio and Angel Joy Blue are singing the female parts in Hannover, not Yoncheva. http://www.ndr.... 6:04 PM
  • -Ed.: I once had a fling with a Slovenian, His trombone was most incohervenient; Diamanda Galas often passed by and gassed, The results... 5:43 PM
  • LT: Yes, Nozze, silly me. And even if it’s excerpts, considering the schedule and the travel, it’s still too much. 5:27 PM
  • Hippolyte: Probably but a couple corrections: it’s Nozze, not Don Giovanni being done this year at Baden-Baden and the Verbier... 4:38 PM
  • The Conte: I once had a fling with a Slovenian and it was much like that. N. 4:29 PM

… and now the worse news

A couple of tweets from Thomas Hampson detailing some grisly-sounding future projects, following the jump.

• adina says:

I may have to seek medical attention.

• Bianca Castafiore says:

Just like those poor folks at the Tannhäuser in Dusseldorf?????

• laddie says:

I imagine DD will sound something like this:

• Grane says:

Speaking of DDN, we may owe Natalie Dessay an apology. Looks like she just missed the one performance of GC.

And whoever it was who posted that weird rant when Dessay cancelled the one performance- ‘I told you all this would happen a year ago and you didn’t listen but I was right’ (but nastier and madder) probably should pop up to say something too, but since I can’t remember who it was there was, um, very little point in this post.

*slinks away*

• willym says:

Gosh maybe we should get together a record club like the Norman Lebrecht book club everyone was going on about earlier this week.

• m. croche says:

I’d pay good money for a Thomas Hampson -- Leon Redbone tribute album. Any chance we could get Hampson liquored up?

(at 4:40, Leon muses on the age of the castratos)

• Donna Anna says:

That would make one hell of a night club act, if Hampson allowed for a singalong.

Has anybody seen Baryshnikov dancing to Redbone’s Seduced? Unforgettable.

• papopera says:

Oh, I thought the worst news was that La Voigt would be indisposed for Saturday’s broadcast. No suck luck.

• Donna Anna says:

My first thought was who’s going to do Thank God I’m a Country Boy. Let Grigolo loose on that one. A friend of mine wrote a parody that went something along the lines of “…all this money, I can never be a loser. Thank God I’m a millionaire.”

• mjmacmtenor says:

This is like the classic version of opera singers going “pop” -- Lucia Poop and Renata von Trapp (AKA French and Saunders). Gotta love the Caballe wig!!