• Camille: Thanks so much, Feldmarschallin!! My prayers have been answered for my wish to hear this work and... 9:48 PM
  • Lindoro Almaviva: Wouldn’t it? i am in Chicago often enough, i am but less than  miles away from Chicago 9:01 PM
  • Clita del Toro: Lindoro, that would be fun! 8:42 PM
  • Grane: Can’t get this in the right place, but thanks, Cicciabella, for the review of Anna’s Four... 8:10 PM
  • phoenix: dan, I can’t find the exact casts for the last 2 operas, but today I found a site that claims... 8:04 PM
  • manou: Yes marshie – but before the supine bit there should be a more vertical phase. 7:18 PM
  • Cicciabella: Any singer who appears “freshly engaged”, “majestic 221;, “unsuppor... 7:04 PM
  • Gualtier M: I also heard several performances by Goerke that were disappointing. The Mme. Lidoine at the Met... 6:43 PM
  • DonCarloFanatic: The garbled Google Translate was a poem of sheer beauty. They liked her, they really liked... 6:25 PM
  • danpatter: I’m glad to know about this. Thanks, Phoenix. 6:22 PM

… and now the worse news

A couple of tweets from Thomas Hampson detailing some grisly-sounding future projects, following the jump.

• adina says:

I may have to seek medical attention.

• Bianca Castafiore says:

Just like those poor folks at the Tannhäuser in Dusseldorf?????

• laddie says:

I imagine DD will sound something like this:

• Grane says:

Speaking of DDN, we may owe Natalie Dessay an apology. Looks like she just missed the one performance of GC.

And whoever it was who posted that weird rant when Dessay cancelled the one performance- ‘I told you all this would happen a year ago and you didn’t listen but I was right’ (but nastier and madder) probably should pop up to say something too, but since I can’t remember who it was there was, um, very little point in this post.

*slinks away*

• willym says:

Gosh maybe we should get together a record club like the Norman Lebrecht book club everyone was going on about earlier this week.

• m. croche says:

I’d pay good money for a Thomas Hampson -- Leon Redbone tribute album. Any chance we could get Hampson liquored up?

(at 4:40, Leon muses on the age of the castratos)

• Donna Anna says:

That would make one hell of a night club act, if Hampson allowed for a singalong.

Has anybody seen Baryshnikov dancing to Redbone’s Seduced? Unforgettable.

• papopera says:

Oh, I thought the worst news was that La Voigt would be indisposed for Saturday’s broadcast. No suck luck.

• Donna Anna says:

My first thought was who’s going to do Thank God I’m a Country Boy. Let Grigolo loose on that one. A friend of mine wrote a parody that went something along the lines of “…all this money, I can never be a loser. Thank God I’m a millionaire.”

• mjmacmtenor says:

This is like the classic version of opera singers going “pop” -- Lucia Poop and Renata von Trapp (AKA French and Saunders). Gotta love the Caballe wig!!