• manou: kash – not to mention any other kind of wind. (Yes, we are staying with the bad taste.... 7:37 PM
  • zzzznombula: MERCI, operacat, for this link!!! Can someone suggest a way to download and save this video? We... 7:24 PM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: Here’s an example of a prompter in the pit without a proper box httpv://www.you... 7:12 PM
  • kashania: Manou: I bet that the messed up the woodwind balance big time! 7:10 PM
  • manou: Rumour had it that Luciano had Hervé Villechaize concealed upon his person (usually in his waistcoat... 7:07 PM
  • La Cieca: In the old days, when the MET toured to theaters that did not have prompters boxes as part of the... 7:05 PM
  • DellaCasaFan: Interesting story about the original score for glass harmonica in Lucia. I wasn’t aware... 7:03 PM
  • Henry Holland: Opera Holland Park announced their 2015 season (no casting or conductors listed yet): Puccini:... 7:00 PM
  • Henry Holland: I don’t live in Berlin but the last time I was there, I stayed in a nice hotel less than... 6:55 PM
  • Krunoslav: I heard Sellars’ Purchase GIOVANNI in 1987, not 1989 following when this– which I have... 6:45 PM

Any porte-cochère in a storm

Our Own JJ did a double header yesterday (you’ll read about in the Post starting Monday) and so La Cieca hardly has the energy left to say, “Discuss, discuss!”

• Batty Masetto says:

Take Mom to brunch at Genevieve’s!

Get Mother’s Day off to a healthy start! Tomato and wheat germ margaritas, $6.95
    Add healthy “wheat germ” to any well drink, just 50¢

Come get it while it lasts: Fresh boiled goat liver! $10.95

Butt-flavored tacos, all you can eat, $11.95

Special ends today! French fried armadillo, whole or half, with all the fixings, from $8.95
    Add ranch dressing, $1.50

Special attraction, Mother’s Day only! Mud Wrestling!! Placido Domingo vs. Wayne Newton!
    Coming next week: Chesty Bazookas and the Droolers, Fri. & Sat.

Genevieve’s Rumpus Room
    (Hiway 13 south, just past the Mini-Mart. Free meatballs and lap dances every Thursday.)

Grosser Gott, Batty!!!! What in tarnation have you been quaffing as of late?

“Butt-flavored” sic, tacos???????? Mud wrestling with Plamingo and lil ol’ Wayne???

My, but your imagination is as creative and colourful as many a regie regisseur’s.
      When may we expect your next presentation at Playhouse Petaluma?

A very, very happy and love-filled Mother’s Day to our own Madame manou.

• marshiemarkII says:

Seconded carissssima Madame Manou!

Many thanks to both of you -- very thoughtful and appreciated.

• bluecabochon says:

Thirded! I hope that you are being celebrated in grand style!

• Batty Masetto says:

Manou my dear, best wishes from here too. (I would gladly get you free tickets to tonight’s festivities at Genevieve’s, but I sincerely doubt you’d enjoy the show.)

(If you do decide to go, do not order the armadillo. A word to the wise.)

You are all very kind. Batty -- will there be a mud slinging day?

• Batty Masetto says:

Well, let’s just say that it’s always advisable to wear rain gear when you go to Genevieve’s.

For all other mothers and for those glorious souls who acted as such, to the unwanted, scorned, overlooked and unloved children of the world, for motherhood is the toughest job there is, so, thank you to all you mothers and mothering souls in this wild world of ours. You know who you are.

• zinka says:

The problem Galvany has is that she cannot hold the D more than 3 hours…Sam is the King and poor little Charlie is Rochefort…1970 Paterson,NJ..GREAT STUFF!!!!!

• zinka says:

Too exciting for the Met…….My LOVE!!!!!!!

• zinka says:

As you well know, I do not have the slightest fear of putting you to sleep with my rants and raves about “singers not enough people know” but in my experience, there are opera buddies of mine who have discovered some artists whom the general public just cannot know, because they are not compulsive collectors of everything since Giuditta Pasta.
    I constantly receive e-mail or comments on various sites about the singers whose “flame will never die,” and I am so happy to get excellent feed back about them, but i also see, especially on Facebook and parterre Box, that many others have awakened me and many others to the artists who deserve more recognition. After all, how many of the general opera public ever heard of Rosette Anday, Giuseppe Anselmi, Stella Roman
    or what’s her face…Diana Soviero?
    To my chagrin, when I told one singer I “keep the flame alive,” she said, “HEY! I am not dead yet!!!!” I know all of us will continue to spread the word and awaken others (as we were awakened many years ago) to what is out there. I recall,as a perfect example, someone visiting me with a 78 (remember?) of Eva Turner’s “In questa reggia,” and i totally flipped out. The reverse occurs when i send material of “my divas” (and a couple of guys) to the various forums, and am happy to find that they react very much the same when I was told of some of the greats when I was just starting out..and then we did not even have “pirates.”
    Basta….I hope you keep up the spirit and keep the flames alive..and if anyone tells you,”I am not dead yet”) just ignore it and keep on boring the rest of the Internet public as I do.
    As ever Carlitos

• zinka says:

Tonight a friend told me there was an article in “Out’ magazine about my neighborhood..it was called the “Trannies of Jackson Hts.” Since I am so clever, througtful, and totally insane, I was thinking that if Scotto or Caballe were in their prime, someone might compose for them an opera called “I Impuritranni.” Isn’t that a good idea? No..well,then ferget it….