• Quanto Painy Fakor: Repeating message here for OPERA TEEN: Calling OPERA TEEN - The following job... 6:04 AM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: Operalia 2014 – Third place men (one of two) Can’t wait for his debut as... 5:54 AM
  • Lohengrin: ML: I totaly agree with You. I liked the staging and especially acting of JK (was there in January... 2:41 AM
  • ML: Pappano can’t conduct Verdi. (Puccini yes.) 2:31 AM
  • ML: Better is the Bavarian State Opera’s January 19 or 22, 2012, stream with Asher Fisch conducting,... 2:28 AM
  • ML: That seriously sucks if it is true. There should be at least a proper audio recording from the run. 2:15 AM
  • ML: … and I wonder how Gaston Rivero feels about that. Talk about not investing in new stars. Domingo... 2:10 AM
  • Lohengrin: Do not miss the Salzburg-Productio n. There are three reasons to watch: Pappano, Harteros and... 2:00 AM
  • ML: It’s also of course “the American people,” ad nauseam, when we could easily and perhaps... 1:24 AM
  • Flora del Rio Grande: Laddie I had in mind also the fiasco of Dr Sun and the situation with Don Pasquale;... 11:54 PM

Per molts anys, Montserrat Caballé!

The legendary soprano celebrates her 80th birthday today.

What struck me about the 2nd intermission interviews was how little personality Slytherin displayed and how much of it Delevan displayed.

• jimupde says:

Give Slytherin a break. I’m sure he is in a daze and the last thing he wanted was an interview and had no remarks prepared. Delevan reminds me of George London in places.

• Bianca Castafiore says:

Sritheran, people.

Indeed, Sritheran must have been a little overwhelmed. (Interesting that both Siegmunds were Kiwis.) I like Delavan’s sound, though it is not quite a first-class voice to my ear. I see what you mean about London, but that **was** what I call a great voice, even if he sometimes cawed a bit. Delavan always seems like Mr Personality in interviews.

No doubt, Sritheran had a right to be dazed after making his debut in such a exposed way. But the interview was a real dud. And having it followed up by Delevan didn’t help.

Pity that this one is not in synch, but it’s a much higher resolution video than I’ve seen of this

A complete video of a Behrens/Voigt/Rysanek Elektra? Wow!

• marshiemarkII says:

And it is predictably SENSATIONAL of course, Kashie!
        That’s the performance I saw from the stage of the magnificent Teatro Colon.

• marshiemarkII says:

It is a also a very beautiful production by the great Roberto Oswald!
        Mille grazie Quanto!

• warmke says:

If one lives long enough one sees fascinating word combinations one never thought possible. here is one I would have never dreamed in a million years:
          great + Roberto Oswald.

• marshiemarkII says:

warmke would you care to say more specifics, one line dismissals are so boring…….
          I think Roberto was one of the more intelligent regiseurs of his time, some of his productions challenging and arresting as this Elektra, or the Gotterdammerung and Siegfried I saw at the Colon, and a not so interesting Tristan from Chicago, with Jon Vickers (in glorious form of course!!!!). Fascinating man in person.
          What are your experiences with him?

• zinka says:

Caballe says she will return and do German Lieder….Is she pazza??loca? nutty?