• Baltsamic Vinaigrette: Or indeed oedipe to… Oops. Better not mention oedipe. 6:05 PM
  • armerjacquino: Having watched the livestream of this ENTFUHRUNG I’m worried that Matthews is heading the same way as Emma Bell- a... 5:41 PM
  • laddie: The sound quality isn’t the greatest but this tenor is singing this role spectacularly! I have never heard of him before. 5:33 PM
  • Cicciabella: Good points, AJ. I’m not agreeing with him, but his reviews frequently make me laugh. He sighs and groans so much, I... 5:31 PM
  • armerjacquino: His main complaint seems to be that Konstanze and Belmonte weren’t played by two of the biggest stars currently... 5:08 PM
  • Bill: Goerke was quite good as Iphigenia (Taurus) at the City Opera quite a few years back – the voice is not a gorgeous voice but... 4:18 PM
  • Cicciabella: Thanks for this upload, Jungfer. I hope Gheorghiu was having a bad night, because in both arias she sounds out of breath, the... 3:57 PM
  • Cicciabella: Love reading the exigent S. Jay-Taylor. From his review of the Glyndebourne at the Proms Entführung: ‘Of course, like... 3:16 PM

Per molts anys, Montserrat Caballé!

The legendary soprano celebrates her 80th birthday today.

What struck me about the 2nd intermission interviews was how little personality Slytherin displayed and how much of it Delevan displayed.

• jimupde says:

Give Slytherin a break. I’m sure he is in a daze and the last thing he wanted was an interview and had no remarks prepared. Delevan reminds me of George London in places.

• Bianca Castafiore says:

Sritheran, people.

Indeed, Sritheran must have been a little overwhelmed. (Interesting that both Siegmunds were Kiwis.) I like Delavan’s sound, though it is not quite a first-class voice to my ear. I see what you mean about London, but that **was** what I call a great voice, even if he sometimes cawed a bit. Delavan always seems like Mr Personality in interviews.

No doubt, Sritheran had a right to be dazed after making his debut in such a exposed way. But the interview was a real dud. And having it followed up by Delevan didn’t help.

Pity that this one is not in synch, but it’s a much higher resolution video than I’ve seen of this

A complete video of a Behrens/Voigt/Rysanek Elektra? Wow!

• marshiemarkII says:

And it is predictably SENSATIONAL of course, Kashie!
        That’s the performance I saw from the stage of the magnificent Teatro Colon.

• marshiemarkII says:

It is a also a very beautiful production by the great Roberto Oswald!
        Mille grazie Quanto!

• warmke says:

If one lives long enough one sees fascinating word combinations one never thought possible. here is one I would have never dreamed in a million years:
          great + Roberto Oswald.

• marshiemarkII says:

warmke would you care to say more specifics, one line dismissals are so boring…….
          I think Roberto was one of the more intelligent regiseurs of his time, some of his productions challenging and arresting as this Elektra, or the Gotterdammerung and Siegfried I saw at the Colon, and a not so interesting Tristan from Chicago, with Jon Vickers (in glorious form of course!!!!). Fascinating man in person.
          What are your experiences with him?

• zinka says:

Caballe says she will return and do German Lieder….Is she pazza??loca? nutty?