• "It will be on CultureBox on June 2: http://culturebox. francetvinfo.fr/" - NPW-Paris
  • "For the musical side. So far, I’ve only seen reviews that loved the singing..." - NPW-Paris
  • "that was a lovely and informative report kashania; thank you :-). I went on..." - antikitschychick
  • "…and speaking of Halevy, this week’s “World of Opera”..." - operablogger
  • "Albanese and Milanov were MET regulars, especially during WW2 when the supply of..." - isoldit
  • "Sadly, I don’t think that career choice is even an option any more except..." - steveac10
  • "Amara, very much like Hong, chose to have a MET career instead of an international..." - isoldit
  • "No, for his high school newspaper. I missed this famous Brit-cast but was given my..." - Krunoslav

The wayward bustle

It’s that time of the week (again?) when the parterriat discuss off-topic, general interest and impressionistic subjects.

• zinka says:

When young naive Charlie heard this, he could not even think of what might be going on on the floor of standing room…Who needed THAT when we had THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• zinka says:

httpv:www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9EBXGnGe8A

A PIRATED PIRATA with Aprile…Happy birthday again!!!!!!

• zinka says:

Hope this one comes out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• zinka says:

…and he is NOT souped up!!TRUSTEZ-MOI!!!!!!

• zinka says:

Can we recall a recent period where suddenly all these “new’ tenors came on to the scene???This is really amazing.I find myself going to the Met sometimes “just for the tenor,” the way i used to go “just for Zinka.”
    Yes,we had Tucker and Bergonzi and Corelli,etc..but we also had a lot of YUCCCHY 76th rate tenors.
    This era is a revelation to my ears.

• zinka says:

Listen to this and look at next season’s JOKE of a Chenier cast!!!!!

• Baltsamic Vinaigrette says:

The death of Sir Colin Davis is being reported.

• zinka says:

Listen VERY carefully as at the end of the scene the prompter gives Leonie the cues to blow out the candles..”Ein..Zwei…Drei”….Brava!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The prompter at the old MET is not counting for Rysanek to “blow out the candles,” but cuing the moments for her to PLACE them, and then he also warns her for her sudden reaction to the backstage drum roll. Earlier, after the Vissi d’arte and right before the long ovation, he also says “Brava” to Leonie. This is one of the best MET Wire recordings ever (but I’d probably say that about the others too).