• rompicolleone: Mille grazie per questo !! I cried. I once had the pleasure (and terror: the Dies Irae!) of playing the Verdi Requiem with... 10:01 PM
  • Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: By the way, the camerawork and directing of the HD broadcast were impeccable. When the final credits... 9:49 PM
  • Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: Wasn’t she just extraordinary? Not just hitting the notes, but the security and power took my breath... 9:43 PM
  • Camille: I just cannot get over how WELL; how inTUNE, and how Pankratova sings ALL the notes the Kundrys usually dodge out on! I have... 9:38 PM
  • armerjacquino: The last thirty seconds of that video have put a great big smile on my face. That’s how to do it. 8:49 PM
  • Camille: Vielen Dank, Jungferissima! We are taking a break from all that blabberblah at the DNC with Zweiter Akt of Parsifal for the... 8:44 PM
  • Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: At one of the two performances of the Castorf “Ring” which I attended, I was seated next to a very kind... 7:17 PM
  • lorenzo.venezia: I found it fitfully fascinating. My big objection was the way he consistently undermined the important moments with... 7:02 PM

The wayward bustle

It’s that time of the week (again?) when the parterriat discuss off-topic, general interest and impressionistic subjects.

• 61
    zinka says:

When young naive Charlie heard this, he could not even think of what might be going on on the floor of standing room…Who needed THAT when we had THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 62
    zinka says:

httpv:www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9EBXGnGe8A

A PIRATED PIRATA with Aprile…Happy birthday again!!!!!!

• 63
    zinka says:

Hope this one comes out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 64
    zinka says:

…and he is NOT souped up!!TRUSTEZ-MOI!!!!!!

• 65
    zinka says:

Can we recall a recent period where suddenly all these “new’ tenors came on to the scene???This is really amazing.I find myself going to the Met sometimes “just for the tenor,” the way i used to go “just for Zinka.”
    Yes,we had Tucker and Bergonzi and Corelli,etc..but we also had a lot of YUCCCHY 76th rate tenors.
    This era is a revelation to my ears.

• 66
    zinka says:

Listen to this and look at next season’s JOKE of a Chenier cast!!!!!

• 67
    Baltsamic Vinaigrette says:

The death of Sir Colin Davis is being reported.

• 68
    zinka says:

Listen VERY carefully as at the end of the scene the prompter gives Leonie the cues to blow out the candles..”Ein..Zwei…Drei”….Brava!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 68.1
      Quanto Painy Fakor says:

The prompter at the old MET is not counting for Rysanek to “blow out the candles,” but cuing the moments for her to PLACE them, and then he also warns her for her sudden reaction to the backstage drum roll. Earlier, after the Vissi d’arte and right before the long ovation, he also says “Brava” to Leonie. This is one of the best MET Wire recordings ever (but I’d probably say that about the others too).