• Batty Masetto: Italian Wikipedia: Gioacchino è un nome proprio di persona italiano maschile. Varianti:... 9:16 AM
  • Cocky Kurwenal: I think it’s due to pregnancy, rather than where San Francisco is situated. 8:59 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: Yes and especially that is off the beaten track. I remember when I lived there it took... 8:55 AM
  • Hippolyte: This won’t be the last performance of Violetta that Yoncheva cancels this year–the... 8:51 AM
  • WindyCityOperaman: Born on this day in 1706 composer Giovanni Battista Martini httpv://www.you... 8:46 AM
  • oedipe: P.S. The spelling with 2Cs may have something to do with French pronunciation: Gioachino spelled with... 8:38 AM
  • phoenix: Thanks for the report, Cicci – more often than not I don’t agree with critics – I... 8:37 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: n der Vorstellung von La traviata am 25. April 2014 wird Aurelia Florian die Partie der... 8:30 AM
  • oedipe: Here’s what French Wiki says: Gioachino Rossini — Gioacchino Rossini pour certains auteurs... 8:25 AM
  • DellaCasaFan: Good clues! There is only one C in Rossini’s signature. Here’s his short letter... 8:11 AM

Décolletage

Feel free to bare more than just your shoulders, cher public, as you discuss this week’s off-topic and general interest subjects.

• zinka says:

GREATNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Nerva Nelli says:

On TDF E-KTS discounts:

OPERA ORCHESTRA OF NEW YORK presents ANDREA CHENIER
    AVERY FISHER HALL, 65th Street and Broadway, NYC
    Ticket Price: $21.00 [plus $4 handling fee]
    with Roberto Alagna

Large pie with mushroom and onions: $22.50

• phoenix says:

Thanks Nerva, as much as I admire Alagna’s verismo I am not quite ready for a one-man Andrea Chenier. Is OONY so broke (or cheap?) they can’t come up with an advertisable Maddalena? I think I’ll settle for the pizza instead.

Me too, but make sure it has the mozzarella on it.

Muy buenos nuevos años to you, too, phoenixcito!!

best wishes always from
        me

• phoenix says:

Likewise best wishes to you, Camille -- I’ll try to get on the chat tonight!
          - As far as OONY’s Chenier goes, we will have to keep our purses closed until further notice!!!

• zinka says:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE WHO MAKE OUR LIVES SO TREASURABLE…….LOVE TO YOU ALL!!!!~

• Krunoslav says:

Hey, Susan Graham is again either ill or “ill”, in the manner of so many stars with upcoming HD appearances, and so Elizabeth Bishop (a very solid singer) gets another chance to sing Didon tonight. Best to them both.

If only ‘Another TROYENS Cast Member’ would follow suit!

• zinka says:

Mafalda Favero..Jan.6, 1903……The same kind of singer as a Mizio, Carteri,Zeani,Soviero…This is what depth of emotion is all about!!!!!!!!

• zinka says:

httpv://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5017161067996178070

Eat your hearts out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• zinka says:

Sorry friends..The “Eat yourts out” did not work..well,Nobody’s poifekt. Will try once more…