• Belfagor: I’m sure I wasn’t the only parterre contributor present at Anna Caterina Antonacci... 10:56 PM
  • Belfagor: A great cast – the orchestra is a little recessed and not so assured. Even though the sound... 10:46 PM
  • marshiemarkII: Carisssssimo stevey you are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! wow what encyclopedia you are! OK first... 10:37 PM
  • Krunoslav: Ah, that was the publicity given out, but perhaps then it was the only time IN THE UNITED STATES... 10:37 PM
  • stevey: Cammie, I LOVE puzzles, and you’ve given me a humdinger! I’m going to repeat my list... 10:36 PM
  • LT: Same* 10:32 PM
  • LT: This is from Scala where she alternated between Aida and Amneris in the fame run. 10:22 PM
  • Camille: No, that trainwreck’s name was GHENA. She switched to Amneris, thank g-d. 10:03 PM
  • Camille: Stevey–no. 18 is singing down a half step so that is a B (or H) you are hearing there. I am... 9:52 PM
  • Camille: Oh jeez—I fergot all about Maria Chiara and I saw her on TV somewhere, too. She wS “THER... 9:35 PM

Fill up the stocking

La Cieca has once again hauled out the holly, climbed down the chimney, sliced up the tinsel and hung some fruitcake on that evergreen bough… which can only mean one thing: the Parterre Holiday Store is open for business! (Note that, as with all Amazon purchases linked from parterre.com, the site will receive a handsome kickback commission on every product you purchase.)

A few words of encouragement from your doyenne follow the jump.

Doesn’t La Cieca look like a deadringer for Elina Garanca in that fetching holiday getup!

Girl, you have more wigs than Eva Gabor.

• danpatter says:

Dear La Cieca, I am old and (many would say) senile. I shop frequently at Amazon but I often forget to come to your site first. Is there a link you could post which would always give you credit? It isn’t just stuff you advertise which gets the “commission,” is it? Thanks so much.

• La Cieca says:

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify the Amazon experience once more.

Suppose you click on a link on parterre of an advertisement for a DVD. You are sent to the Amazon site where you decide to add the DVD to your shopping cart. While you are there you take a look around and also add to your cart a few more DVDs, two pairs of sweat pants, a home theater system and a scented candle. Then you purchase all this stuff. La Cieca will receive a commission on all these items.

She will also receive a commission on anything you buy if you go to Amazon via the following link:

Entering Amazon via parterre.

You might want to bookmark that link if you plan on visiting Amazon frequently.

• danpatter says:

Thanks so much, La Cieca. I’ve replaced my Amazon bookmark link with the link you posted and I suggest all your fans do exactly that. I wish you lots of commissions!

• louannd says:

Thank you, this *BM* makes life much easier.

I have my eye on an electric pressure cooker.

Stocking stuffer: “A dangerous amnesiac escapes from a mental hospital and returns to the opera house to wreak revenge on those who tried to murder him seven years earlier.”

• lucy brown says:

At last! An easy way to contribute to something I really enjoy!