• Poison Ivy: And I ask this because when I saw the POB (they came to NYC two years ago) the casting was... 7:58 PM
  • Poison Ivy: While we’re at it does the POB attract a similar young crowd? Or does ballet/dance attract... 7:54 PM
  • oedipe: BTW, the ONP has just published its 2013 accounts. It seems that the average age of the audience last... 7:47 PM
  • steveac10: Unless you’re a once in a generatio artist, is it really possible to get more than a golf... 7:39 PM
  • oedipe: Not the prettiest high notes, but they were there and well projected. Unfortunately, she didn’t... 7:37 PM
  • fletcher: Thanks for the info, oedipe. As for the audience being young, I think you’re right to credit... 7:35 PM
  • -Ed.: See? Better to wear an emerald necklace, like I do. Emeralds do not countenance vulgar clutching. At... 7:31 PM
  • Poison Ivy: How was Urmana’s top in Isolde? Last time I heard her she definitely had problematic high... 7:22 PM
  • Clita del Toro: I heard only parts of Puritani last night: additionally, the clip from the Met and several... 7:17 PM
  • Flora del Rio Grande: jacquino: I always make a point to review Ms. Racette’s bosom when I cover her... 7:04 PM

Fill up the stocking

La Cieca has once again hauled out the holly, climbed down the chimney, sliced up the tinsel and hung some fruitcake on that evergreen bough… which can only mean one thing: the Parterre Holiday Store is open for business! (Note that, as with all Amazon purchases linked from parterre.com, the site will receive a handsome kickback commission on every product you purchase.)

A few words of encouragement from your doyenne follow the jump.

Doesn’t La Cieca look like a deadringer for Elina Garanca in that fetching holiday getup!

Girl, you have more wigs than Eva Gabor.

• danpatter says:

Dear La Cieca, I am old and (many would say) senile. I shop frequently at Amazon but I often forget to come to your site first. Is there a link you could post which would always give you credit? It isn’t just stuff you advertise which gets the “commission,” is it? Thanks so much.

• La Cieca says:

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify the Amazon experience once more.

Suppose you click on a link on parterre of an advertisement for a DVD. You are sent to the Amazon site where you decide to add the DVD to your shopping cart. While you are there you take a look around and also add to your cart a few more DVDs, two pairs of sweat pants, a home theater system and a scented candle. Then you purchase all this stuff. La Cieca will receive a commission on all these items.

She will also receive a commission on anything you buy if you go to Amazon via the following link:

Entering Amazon via parterre.

You might want to bookmark that link if you plan on visiting Amazon frequently.

• danpatter says:

Thanks so much, La Cieca. I’ve replaced my Amazon bookmark link with the link you posted and I suggest all your fans do exactly that. I wish you lots of commissions!

• louannd says:

Thank you, this *BM* makes life much easier.

I have my eye on an electric pressure cooker.

Stocking stuffer: “A dangerous amnesiac escapes from a mental hospital and returns to the opera house to wreak revenge on those who tried to murder him seven years earlier.”

• lucy brown says:

At last! An easy way to contribute to something I really enjoy!