• LT: His repertoire isn’t what I usually listen. That explains it. 4:05 PM
  • manou: Shame on you LT. He is absolutely superb. 4:00 PM
  • LT: Why they keep kissing her ass is beyond me. I had to google the male winner. Never heard of him. 3:55 PM
  • manou: OperaAwards Readers’ Award are Jonas Kaufmann and Aleksandra Kurzak! 3:43 PM
  • manou: Anja Harteros is not with us, so her acceptance speech will be delivered by a bichon frisé wearing the... 3:41 PM
  • Kassandra: Are there any parterrians attending this years Salzburg Whitsun Festival? (22-25/5) It would be... 3:28 PM
  • manou: I often perform the Naked Puppet Show – hands only. Very useful when stuck in traffic. 3:08 PM
  • damekenneth: Can we bring David Groh back from the dead to play her husband? He was one of my first crushes. 3:07 PM
  • Batty Masetto: Too bad, I agree the witches putting the chairs under Lady M was both spooky and dreamlike.... 3:06 PM
  • aulus agerius: I got one guffaw out of it – when Nedda rips the chicken puppet off Tonio and then... 2:52 PM

Fill up the stocking

La Cieca has once again hauled out the holly, climbed down the chimney, sliced up the tinsel and hung some fruitcake on that evergreen bough… which can only mean one thing: the Parterre Holiday Store is open for business! (Note that, as with all Amazon purchases linked from parterre.com, the site will receive a handsome kickback commission on every product you purchase.)

A few words of encouragement from your doyenne follow the jump.

Doesn’t La Cieca look like a deadringer for Elina Garanca in that fetching holiday getup!

Girl, you have more wigs than Eva Gabor.

• danpatter says:

Dear La Cieca, I am old and (many would say) senile. I shop frequently at Amazon but I often forget to come to your site first. Is there a link you could post which would always give you credit? It isn’t just stuff you advertise which gets the “commission,” is it? Thanks so much.

• La Cieca says:

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify the Amazon experience once more.

Suppose you click on a link on parterre of an advertisement for a DVD. You are sent to the Amazon site where you decide to add the DVD to your shopping cart. While you are there you take a look around and also add to your cart a few more DVDs, two pairs of sweat pants, a home theater system and a scented candle. Then you purchase all this stuff. La Cieca will receive a commission on all these items.

She will also receive a commission on anything you buy if you go to Amazon via the following link:

Entering Amazon via parterre.

You might want to bookmark that link if you plan on visiting Amazon frequently.

• danpatter says:

Thanks so much, La Cieca. I’ve replaced my Amazon bookmark link with the link you posted and I suggest all your fans do exactly that. I wish you lots of commissions!

• louannd says:

Thank you, this *BM* makes life much easier.

I have my eye on an electric pressure cooker.

Stocking stuffer: “A dangerous amnesiac escapes from a mental hospital and returns to the opera house to wreak revenge on those who tried to murder him seven years earlier.”

• lucy brown says:

At last! An easy way to contribute to something I really enjoy!