• mirywi: Susan Dunn is fab here. I was waiting for the cadenza that goes down to the F below middle C (I think it’s F) but better... 10:27 PM
  • Krunoslav: “I have always wondered about Minnie and Ramerrez/Johnson and how they made out in the end. ” Camille– and... 10:11 PM
  • Camille: Oops. Too absorbed to notice my own BOLDNESS.! Sigh. I always make boo-boos. Sorry. 8:58 PM
  • Camille: Another thing, about the categorisations of the singers, from the Personaggi page in the front of the Ricordi vocal score, the... 8:56 PM
  • Camille: Well if Mo. Slatkin restored it for the ’92 performances, I wonder if it is included in that broadcast from–when was... 7:56 PM
  • Camille: Honey, she’s trying to get that guy to marry her maid Wowkle, who is already with a little baby — that’s why... 7:48 PM
  • Camille: You don’t even have to go to the library, honey, as I just now stumbled onto this valuable resource on The Girl –... 7:43 PM
  • fletcher: I took a peek at the Google Books preview of that Puccini and the Girl online and found an interesting note about a brief scene... 7:33 PM

Limited visibility

La Cieca invites her cher public (pictured) to open their eyes and ears for this week’s discussion of off-topic and general interest subjects.

• 41
    zinka says:

More glorious Mascagni for his Dec.7 birthday….Piccolo Marat duet with Virginia Zeani and Umberto Borso..(and loud prompter.)Audience made them repeat this,by the way!!!!

• 42
    zinka says:

I guess there is still time for me to discover “new’ treasures…WOW!!! Souzay, born Dec.8, 1918…what a superb artist and gorgeous voice..I better pay more attention…too busy with chest divas…

• 43
    zinka says:

So,forget the football players, and of curse…NO ONE on Parterre need worry..BUT I am told that a group of Met singers (I think male) are going to be named in one entire chapter of the Madam’s new book..I think the chapter is entitled,” Wanna see SQUILLO???” This is a disgrace..I never knew opera singers, with all the practicing, rehearing, performing,etc..had TIME for this….I am SHOCKED..and if any singer i like is named, I will refuse to ever see him/her/it again..(Unless Corelli comes back.)

• 44

Voce! Voce! Voce! That’s what was on display as Angela Meade and Jamie Barton led off the Collegiate Chorale’s 2012 season with Beatrice di Tenda at Carnegie Hall. Read another take on Superconductor.

• 45
    zinka says:

He may need some Valium but gee..Phillipe Jaroussky might actually get me to like Bach…He is superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 46
    zinka says:

Trying to think of another diva who sang Lucia,Violetta,Tosca,Salome,Aida, Ortrud, Norma, Abigaille, Leonora,etc……

• 47
    FragendeFrau82 says:

Harteros out sick, cover Petersen out sick, Dasch flown in last night to sing Elsa at La Scala Lohengrin prima tonight.

• 47.1
      Buster says:

Dasch sings Elsa, packs her pink suitcase, and flies back to Berlin for another Finta tomorrow.

• 48
    spiderman says:

is that a joke?

• 49
    WindyCityOperaman says:

Born on this day in 1863 composer Pietro Mascagni
    A performance of this music that puts the Met’s screech and bellow Centennial Gala rendition to shame:

Born on this day in 1906 mezzo-soprano Elisabeth Höngen

Born on this day in 1927 contralto Helen Watts

Happy 64th birthday baritone Frederick Burchinal

Happy 62nd birthday mezzo-soprano Kathleen Kuhlmann

• 50
    brooklynpunk says:

GMT 1600/EST 11:00AM

RAI RADIOTRE
    Rome, ITALY
    96K WM
    Il Cartellone: in diretta Euroradio dal
    TEATRO ALLA SCALA DI MILANO
    Stagione Lirica 2012 -- 2013
    LOHENGRIN
    Opera romantica in tre atti
    Libretto e musica di Richard Wagner
    Heinrich der Vogler, René Pape
    Lohengrin, Jonas Kaufmann
    Elsa von Brabant, Annette Dasch
    Friedrich von Telramund, Tomas Tomasson
    Ortrud, Evelyn Herlitzius
    Der Heerrufer des Königs, Zeljko Lucic
    Orchestra e Coro del Teatro alla Scala di Milano
    direttore, Daniel Barenboim
    regia, Claus Guth
    scene e costumi, Christian Schmidt (Duration unclear)

———-

ENJOYING LISTENING TO THIS LIVE BROADCAST VERY VERY MUCH..

BUT..

Anyone have an idea on how long the first intermission ( on right now) is supposed to last??--as I am listening on Latvian Radio, and have NO idea what they are talking about…!

• 51