• Tamerlano: And that Medée with Christie…it& #8217;s an absolutely astonishing performance. 1:53 AM
  • Cicciabella: In the meantime, you can listen to Radvan singing a fantastic “O patria mia”, Go to the ARTE Concert channel on... 1:53 AM
  • Krunoslav: While “old hags” is certainly a pertinent phrase in this thread, Niel, my intervention concerned only the actual... 12:52 AM
  • Niel Rishoi: BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at all you old hags taking this seriously!!!!!!!! You just LOVE this, Krunoslav,... 12:42 AM
  • Krunoslav: The Castafiore person wasn’t drowned, but eaten by dungeon serpents (closest she ever got to appearing in GUILLAUME... 12:07 AM
  • zinka: httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=v_c7 E7RNwxc NO GAY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! Mme.Dix covered Sondra in Devereux…... 12:00 AM
  • Krunoslav: I am lucky, as I lived in New York, Massachusetts and California in LHL’s active years and got to hear her a lucky 13... 11:49 PM
  • Batty Masetto: Grimmie I’m so happy you had such a good time in Munich, my former stomping grounds. Yes, the Glyptothek and ancient... 11:31 PM

Limited visibility

La Cieca invites her cher public (pictured) to open their eyes and ears for this week’s discussion of off-topic and general interest subjects.

• 41
    zinka says:

More glorious Mascagni for his Dec.7 birthday….Piccolo Marat duet with Virginia Zeani and Umberto Borso..(and loud prompter.)Audience made them repeat this,by the way!!!!

• 42
    zinka says:

I guess there is still time for me to discover “new’ treasures…WOW!!! Souzay, born Dec.8, 1918…what a superb artist and gorgeous voice..I better pay more attention…too busy with chest divas…

• 43
    zinka says:

So,forget the football players, and of curse…NO ONE on Parterre need worry..BUT I am told that a group of Met singers (I think male) are going to be named in one entire chapter of the Madam’s new book..I think the chapter is entitled,” Wanna see SQUILLO???” This is a disgrace..I never knew opera singers, with all the practicing, rehearing, performing,etc..had TIME for this….I am SHOCKED..and if any singer i like is named, I will refuse to ever see him/her/it again..(Unless Corelli comes back.)

• 44

Voce! Voce! Voce! That’s what was on display as Angela Meade and Jamie Barton led off the Collegiate Chorale’s 2012 season with Beatrice di Tenda at Carnegie Hall. Read another take on Superconductor.

• 45
    zinka says:

He may need some Valium but gee..Phillipe Jaroussky might actually get me to like Bach…He is superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 46
    zinka says:

Trying to think of another diva who sang Lucia,Violetta,Tosca,Salome,Aida, Ortrud, Norma, Abigaille, Leonora,etc……

• 47
    FragendeFrau82 says:

Harteros out sick, cover Petersen out sick, Dasch flown in last night to sing Elsa at La Scala Lohengrin prima tonight.

• 47.1
      Buster says:

Dasch sings Elsa, packs her pink suitcase, and flies back to Berlin for another Finta tomorrow.

• 48
    spiderman says:

is that a joke?

• 49
    WindyCityOperaman says:

Born on this day in 1863 composer Pietro Mascagni
    A performance of this music that puts the Met’s screech and bellow Centennial Gala rendition to shame:

Born on this day in 1906 mezzo-soprano Elisabeth Höngen

Born on this day in 1927 contralto Helen Watts

Happy 64th birthday baritone Frederick Burchinal

Happy 62nd birthday mezzo-soprano Kathleen Kuhlmann

• 50
    brooklynpunk says:

GMT 1600/EST 11:00AM

RAI RADIOTRE
    Rome, ITALY
    96K WM
    Il Cartellone: in diretta Euroradio dal
    TEATRO ALLA SCALA DI MILANO
    Stagione Lirica 2012 -- 2013
    LOHENGRIN
    Opera romantica in tre atti
    Libretto e musica di Richard Wagner
    Heinrich der Vogler, René Pape
    Lohengrin, Jonas Kaufmann
    Elsa von Brabant, Annette Dasch
    Friedrich von Telramund, Tomas Tomasson
    Ortrud, Evelyn Herlitzius
    Der Heerrufer des Königs, Zeljko Lucic
    Orchestra e Coro del Teatro alla Scala di Milano
    direttore, Daniel Barenboim
    regia, Claus Guth
    scene e costumi, Christian Schmidt (Duration unclear)

———-

ENJOYING LISTENING TO THIS LIVE BROADCAST VERY VERY MUCH..

BUT..

Anyone have an idea on how long the first intermission ( on right now) is supposed to last??--as I am listening on Latvian Radio, and have NO idea what they are talking about…!

• 51