• oedipe: For Domingo it’s much quicker to list the roles he did NOT sing. 5:07 PM
  • steveac10: I love the fact that after Brynner’s uber-macho “I’ll enjoy it and don’t... 5:04 PM
  • phoenix: http://tinyurl.com /m4omfcv 4:52 PM
  • rapt: Tucker sang Calaf, too. 4:47 PM
  • RosinaLeckermaul: Vickers sang Handel’s SAMSON at the Met and the Messiah on record (that very... 4:20 PM
  • papopera: not “prince̶ 1; Alexeï but tsarevitch or cesarevitch, or czarevitch Alexeï 4:07 PM
  • Batty Masetto: My hubby has a bad cold and has been doing the same thing. 3:34 PM
  • Poison Ivy: I also love the thunderous line “God opens the sea with the blast of his nostrils!!!!... 3:14 PM
  • Etardi: The gobsmacking dialogue in Ten Commandments doesn’t let up for a second. One of the best... 3:03 PM
  • Buster: Amazing, what a beautiful woman Flagstad was, and so much fun, too, surpisingly. What a pity that... 2:48 PM

Blind bargain

Which one of “the world’s leading classical singers” is currently seeking a personal assistant to perform the following tasks: maintain the calendar; handle contracts, visas, taxes and royalties; coordinate relationships with agents, publicists, lawyers and accountants; manage correspondence, websites and social media; and, oh yes, “manage all financial aspects of Artist’s career under supervision of Artist?” The position is 9-5, five days a week, with some evening and weekend work, some international travel, and no overtime paid on the base salary of $48,000 a year—which, you must admit, ain’t much for all that work.

• iknowthings says:

Why is an item “blind” if the job description obviously had the artist in question’s initials in the “reply to” email address.

It’s Thomas Hampson. And this is old. It was on NYFA weeks ago (and is no longer).

• louannd says:

Regarding Thomas Hampson -- from an interview two years ago at http://tinyurl.com/9z9dvyo

Hampson is an artist not difficult to research. He has an impressive and comprehensive website, immaculately presented and meticulously organised (his webmistress is his step-daughter, a talented designer). I ask him if it reflects his personality but he laughs the suggestion off, saying that, despite the appearance of order, his life is chaotic. It’s a response not uncommon in perfectionists.

“I’m a complete lazy sod,” he claims, “I live in a permanent state of anarchy, looking for organisation. When I work and study, I like to build layers. I like mind-mapping software, those kind of connecting things. I guess I know most productivity software and use it to try and get on top of this complete mess.”

“And I’m also always late,” he adds. He uses words like “methodical”, “rationality” and “methodology” and it sounds like a very ordered mind to me, despite the fact that he did indeed turn up slightly late for our meeting, having got the times mixed up.

I wonder how much his stepdaughter was doing for him besides being webmistress -- now she might be much too busy with her husband’s career (Luca Pisaroni).

• smarterthantheavgbear says:

Catherine has been doing far more than her father’s or Mr. Pisaroni’s websites for quite a while. She has an entire business doing many, many websites that she takes on the road -- http://www.lennysstudio.com/

• Don_Dano says:

Oh well, I guess it is too late for me to make a wild guess of Ms. Margo Channing.

• tabss says:

Planning to do spring cleaning and want to get a jump start? I’m looking for anything and everything you have about Beverly Sills, especially NYCO programs from 1955-1980. Happy to pay shipping. Please let me know what you have to offer. --Freeman Stamper, Hayward CA

• Melot's Younger Brother says:

How does one apply for a job as Signor Pisaroni’s assistant. Now that’s a position a guy could make sacrifices for.