• antikitschychick: not just for *my own petty reason that should say. 12:48 AM
  • antikitschychick: I sure hope so, and not just for own petty reason but for the sake of the doctor that was... 12:47 AM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: I’m sure it will be okay. 12:38 AM
  • antikitschychick: oh f**k. I didn’t know someone had tested positive in the NYC area…omg that... 12:14 AM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: Unless there’s an ebola quarantine in NYC by then. 11:55 PM
  • antikitschychick: oh is that next week? Interesting. I don’t think AN will cancel. She’s done... 11:46 PM
  • antikitschychick: DEAR GOD WHAT DID I JUST WITNESS…!!! Ya’ll need to download the videos ^^^. It... 11:43 PM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: Oh, my, Salgo gia (because what else and I don’t imagine only the aria... 11:26 PM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: The Goul will be singing from Nabucco and Netrebko some of Lady M. Sibilla decrepita, da... 11:06 PM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: What do you mean by your last sentence? 10:52 PM

You got a brand new key signature

You can call Robert Lepage many things (and the critics have!), but one thing you cannot call him is “inflexible.” Having already tweaked a number of details in his Ring production that did not create the desired effect in their first viewing, the Canadian Cagliostro is now in the process of restaging whole segments of the cycle for the Met’s 2012-13 presentation. A glimpse at the new look for the final scene of Die Walküre after the jump.

SO BEAUTIFUL!!! Is that the Liszt transcription of the Magic Fire music? How difficult that pas de deux must be to do on a circle with a 4 foot radius. Must find more of that Wotan.

• derschatzgabber says:

No matter how many times I studied this video, I couldn’t figure out the dramatic motivation for Victor to remove his shirt. Then it dawned on me that this must really be Le Page’s new Act III finale to Walkure, since it features a spectacular image that isn’t motivated by the drama.

• erica says:

It’s kind of like Dyson, the hot werewolf on Lost Girl. My husband and I take bets each week on what flimsy excuse they’re going to come up with to get him to take off his shirt THIS episode.

(This week was a bonus — wet, translucent shirt first, THEN he pulled it off. Almost more than my middle-aged heart can take.)

• derschatzgabber says:

For us old timers, there is also William Holden in Picnic. My did his shirt fly off at the slightest provocation. I saw it at the Castro many years ago. In one scene, William is trying to explain something to a baffled elderly lady. Someone in the audience yelled, “see if it helps if you take your shirt off.”

• Clita del Toro says:

I hate the fact that they shaved William Holden’s body/chest hair for Picnic. He would have been twice as sexy with it. That’s Hollywood for you.

• derschatzgabber says:

I agree Clita, more body hair would have been nice. Still it was more naked, male torso than most movies of its time would give us. And it’s got enough screen time to have earned a supporting Oscar nod IMHO.