• turings: That’s a pity. I have tickets to see Tézier in the Macbeth. I wonder will he sing the June run. I heard Calleja last night... 6:07 AM
  • turings: I don’t know if it’s that direct, Ivy, but there has been a lot of quite nuanced commentary about that and the... 5:56 AM
  • manou: I was in fact very pleased with myself (so what else is new) just for knowing that Ivy was referring to Game of Thrones. 5:28 AM
  • armerjacquino: I’d be very surprised if even a quarter of the TELL audience had seen GoT. It’s on Sky Atlantic over here, a... 5:17 AM
  • Lohengrin: https://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=mNPo pHjnY_g 5:06 AM
  • armerjacquino: That live blog did my head in. All the false-naivety. ‘Now she’s shouting about something. They haven’t... 4:53 AM
  • Cicciabella: I couldn’t watch the Don G ROH webstream last night, but this “novice̶ 1; live blog makes up for it:... 1:29 AM
  • Cicciabella: Thank you so much, manou, for taking the time to sum It all up. “bows to pressure”: not really. Productions are... 12:59 AM

Intermission feature

Has the week really gone by so quickly? Yes, it is Sunday, and so La Cieca (not pictured) invites the cher public (left to right) to enjoy an intermission feature brimming with off-topic and general interest conversations.

• zinka says:

Opera Farewell (1992) of one of the greatest singers EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• zinka says:

I ain’t usually a Meyerbeer lover..but with singing like this (Galvany and de Giuseppe)..mmmmmmmmm.

• Feldmarschallin says:

Thorsten Kerl will sing Tannhäuser in Bayreuth this summer.

• A. Poggia Turra says:

Feldmarschallin -- to your best knowledge, whose choice was this? Did Clevemann cancel voluntarily? Did Thielemann make choosing his own Tannhauser a condition of taking the production over? Did katharina have a dream? Or something else?

• Feldmarschallin says:

apparently Clevemann cancelled himself. That is at least the official version. I think it is a win for everyone but alas I only have Parsifal and Holländer tickets. If they would have a decent Elisabeth and Venus I might be tempted now but still nothing of interest IMO. I will wait and Schwanewilms is going to sing Elisabeth here in Sept and then Festspiele. Harteros and Seiffert will sing the opera in Zürich. One can find better Wagner casts here or in other houses other than Bayreuth.

• WindyCityOperaman says:

Born on this day in 1920 conductor Guido Cantelli

Happy 71st birthday soprano Judith Blegen

Happy 68th birthday tenor Alexander Oliver

• zinka says:

So..they walk into ANY bar..and they get picked up in:

a.2 seconds b. no way…the customers are all drunk

c. Ferget it…no one likes opera in bars

Kick-Ass, KARITA!!! Tonite’s THE Night!
    Toi, toi, toi!!!!!!!!!!!

• marshiemarkII says:

Yes Camilllissssima adorata, we will all be sending the vibes, so she has a great TRIUMPH, as I am sure she will. And don’t forget the wonderful Emalie Savoy is also making her Met debut tonight, and she was fabulous in the rehearsal also!

So, this is interesting- both for looking at the direction Calleja may be moving in, and also for those on this site who insist that ‘Reneigh’ ‘can’t sing’.

Because this is tremendous, non?