• Feldmarschallin: Anti I am not sure about Yoncheva and those roles. Every soprano is different and some who... 5:44 AM
  • RobNYNY: Joan Ingpen has ruined more evenings at the Met than any cougher in the Tubercular Circle. John... 5:02 AM
  • mia apulia: will someone please explain how this happened? it is so awful it is almost wonderful 12:37 AM
  • operadunce: Actually, I find parterre.com to be informative and entertaining most of the time. I certainly... 12:07 AM
  • antikitschychick: Very well put EarlyRomantic. I wholeheartedly agree with you, except I don’t think... 11:54 PM
  • stevey: Manou, Kashie…. I am due to leave Toronto tomorrow, bound for Providence, then Miami, and... 11:43 PM
  • EarlyRomantic: On this Thanksgiving Day, I am grateful for the myriad operatic artists past and present who... 10:51 PM
  • La Cieca: The way you sought out parterre.com, you mean? 10:30 PM
  • operadunce: Sorry, but I’m not in your kitchen. I don’t need to trash someone else to feel better... 9:40 PM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: Well she is used to upstate NY wet winters. She does not look happy in the phot with... 9:16 PM

Intermission feature

Has the week really gone by so quickly? Yes, it is Sunday, and so La Cieca (not pictured) invites the cher public (left to right) to enjoy an intermission feature brimming with off-topic and general interest conversations.

• zinka says:

Opera Farewell (1992) of one of the greatest singers EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• zinka says:

I ain’t usually a Meyerbeer lover..but with singing like this (Galvany and de Giuseppe)..mmmmmmmmm.

• Feldmarschallin says:

Thorsten Kerl will sing Tannhäuser in Bayreuth this summer.

• A. Poggia Turra says:

Feldmarschallin -- to your best knowledge, whose choice was this? Did Clevemann cancel voluntarily? Did Thielemann make choosing his own Tannhauser a condition of taking the production over? Did katharina have a dream? Or something else?

• Feldmarschallin says:

apparently Clevemann cancelled himself. That is at least the official version. I think it is a win for everyone but alas I only have Parsifal and Holländer tickets. If they would have a decent Elisabeth and Venus I might be tempted now but still nothing of interest IMO. I will wait and Schwanewilms is going to sing Elisabeth here in Sept and then Festspiele. Harteros and Seiffert will sing the opera in Zürich. One can find better Wagner casts here or in other houses other than Bayreuth.

• WindyCityOperaman says:

Born on this day in 1920 conductor Guido Cantelli

Happy 71st birthday soprano Judith Blegen

Happy 68th birthday tenor Alexander Oliver

• zinka says:

So..they walk into ANY bar..and they get picked up in:

a.2 seconds b. no way…the customers are all drunk

c. Ferget it…no one likes opera in bars

Kick-Ass, KARITA!!! Tonite’s THE Night!
    Toi, toi, toi!!!!!!!!!!!

• marshiemarkII says:

Yes Camilllissssima adorata, we will all be sending the vibes, so she has a great TRIUMPH, as I am sure she will. And don’t forget the wonderful Emalie Savoy is also making her Met debut tonight, and she was fabulous in the rehearsal also!

So, this is interesting- both for looking at the direction Calleja may be moving in, and also for those on this site who insist that ‘Reneigh’ ‘can’t sing’.

Because this is tremendous, non?