• PCally: Westbroek is my all time favorite Minnnie. Those who haven’t should check out the dvd, it’s all around superb. She... 9:01 AM
  • Ilka Saro: Without I doing any research, I speculate that Anna Yurievna may be the lead for “most photoshopped on Parterre.” 8:53 AM
  • WindyCityOperaman: It’s the one big destination on my bucket list . . . httpvh://www.youtu be.com/watch?v=AeT _m7VnGzo 8:36 AM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: Marilyn Zschau was indimenticabile as Minnie in the Corsaro staging at NYCO 7:56 AM
  • DeepSouthSenior: Permit me to cast a vote for Deborah Voigt as Minnie from Met Live in HD, January 2011. (I’m braced for the... 7:45 AM
  • Buster: Karan Armstrong was good in both parts, apparently: Her Minnie was even described as “magisterial ” because she acted... 7:15 AM
  • Krunoslav: Not whilst C. A. ‘Betty’ ; Fretwell trod the boards! Here’s an Armer style question. who else besides Frazzoni... 3:49 AM
  • Lady Abbado: Full recording of A. Lecouvreur from Paris, June 2015 (Gheorghiu/Alvarez /D’Intino) httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=... 1:30 AM

Intermission feature

Has the week really gone by so quickly? Yes, it is Sunday, and so La Cieca (not pictured) invites the cher public (left to right) to enjoy an intermission feature brimming with off-topic and general interest conversations.

• zinka says:

Opera Farewell (1992) of one of the greatest singers EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• zinka says:

I ain’t usually a Meyerbeer lover..but with singing like this (Galvany and de Giuseppe)..mmmmmmmmm.

• Feldmarschallin says:

Thorsten Kerl will sing Tannhäuser in Bayreuth this summer.

• A. Poggia Turra says:

Feldmarschallin -- to your best knowledge, whose choice was this? Did Clevemann cancel voluntarily? Did Thielemann make choosing his own Tannhauser a condition of taking the production over? Did katharina have a dream? Or something else?

• Feldmarschallin says:

apparently Clevemann cancelled himself. That is at least the official version. I think it is a win for everyone but alas I only have Parsifal and Holländer tickets. If they would have a decent Elisabeth and Venus I might be tempted now but still nothing of interest IMO. I will wait and Schwanewilms is going to sing Elisabeth here in Sept and then Festspiele. Harteros and Seiffert will sing the opera in Zürich. One can find better Wagner casts here or in other houses other than Bayreuth.

• WindyCityOperaman says:

Born on this day in 1920 conductor Guido Cantelli

Happy 71st birthday soprano Judith Blegen

Happy 68th birthday tenor Alexander Oliver

• zinka says:

So..they walk into ANY bar..and they get picked up in:

a.2 seconds b. no way…the customers are all drunk

c. Ferget it…no one likes opera in bars

Kick-Ass, KARITA!!! Tonite’s THE Night!
    Toi, toi, toi!!!!!!!!!!!

• marshiemarkII says:

Yes Camilllissssima adorata, we will all be sending the vibes, so she has a great TRIUMPH, as I am sure she will. And don’t forget the wonderful Emalie Savoy is also making her Met debut tonight, and she was fabulous in the rehearsal also!

So, this is interesting- both for looking at the direction Calleja may be moving in, and also for those on this site who insist that ‘Reneigh’ ‘can’t sing’.

Because this is tremendous, non?