• Camille: Well; I would certainly agree with that ‘Emeritus 217;idea but it is already a bit overdue isn’t it? It is a... 4:04 PM
  • Gualtier M: I suggested “La Vestale” to Will Crutchfield as a possible Bel Canto at Caramoor presentation. It hasn’t... 3:48 PM
  • steveac10: I can see an emeritus scenario brewing on the horizon. That his involvement is being quietly would down, as his influence over... 3:43 PM
  • Camille: Right. They were well publicized in the L.A. Times. I would weep big pearly tears…so near and yet so far. Just once I made... 3:33 PM
  • Camille: That’s exactly why I put very little faith in this site—-wishin g for Mr dependable Bradley Wilber back again. A year... 3:20 PM
  • Camille: “And NEXT—I shall introduce my Isolde, alongside my Norma!!!!!!” Shades of Mardew…̷ 0; 3:18 PM
  • Camille: In the style of Jenny Lind: httpv:// m/watch?v=s3RMFGk7 ndE As well, in the nineteen twenties or thereabouts, the great... 3:15 PM
  • Krunoslav: Right, and then she’ll move on to TABARRO, FANCIULLA and ISABEAU. “An *Amelina*, not an Amelia.” 3:13 PM

Intermission feature

Has the week really gone by so quickly? Yes, it is Sunday, and so La Cieca (not pictured) invites the cher public (left to right) to enjoy an intermission feature brimming with off-topic and general interest conversations.

• zinka says:

Opera Farewell (1992) of one of the greatest singers EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• zinka says:

I ain’t usually a Meyerbeer lover..but with singing like this (Galvany and de Giuseppe)..mmmmmmmmm.

• Feldmarschallin says:

Thorsten Kerl will sing Tannhäuser in Bayreuth this summer.

• A. Poggia Turra says:

Feldmarschallin -- to your best knowledge, whose choice was this? Did Clevemann cancel voluntarily? Did Thielemann make choosing his own Tannhauser a condition of taking the production over? Did katharina have a dream? Or something else?

• Feldmarschallin says:

apparently Clevemann cancelled himself. That is at least the official version. I think it is a win for everyone but alas I only have Parsifal and Holländer tickets. If they would have a decent Elisabeth and Venus I might be tempted now but still nothing of interest IMO. I will wait and Schwanewilms is going to sing Elisabeth here in Sept and then Festspiele. Harteros and Seiffert will sing the opera in Zürich. One can find better Wagner casts here or in other houses other than Bayreuth.

• WindyCityOperaman says:

Born on this day in 1920 conductor Guido Cantelli

Happy 71st birthday soprano Judith Blegen

Happy 68th birthday tenor Alexander Oliver

• zinka says:

So..they walk into ANY bar..and they get picked up in:

a.2 seconds b. no way…the customers are all drunk

c. Ferget it…no one likes opera in bars

Kick-Ass, KARITA!!! Tonite’s THE Night!
    Toi, toi, toi!!!!!!!!!!!

• marshiemarkII says:

Yes Camilllissssima adorata, we will all be sending the vibes, so she has a great TRIUMPH, as I am sure she will. And don’t forget the wonderful Emalie Savoy is also making her Met debut tonight, and she was fabulous in the rehearsal also!

So, this is interesting- both for looking at the direction Calleja may be moving in, and also for those on this site who insist that ‘Reneigh’ ‘can’t sing’.

Because this is tremendous, non?