• Camille: Oh wonderful, so happy to hear it, but I won’t spoil it by opening the present before Christmas on 11th July. Yes, about... 12:33 PM
  • kashania: Thanks. I forgot about that. 12:26 PM
  • SF Guy: That had more to do with blind luck than planning, but we’ll take it. http://sfopera.com /getattachment/Abo ut/Press-Room... 12:20 PM
  • turings: I heard Margaine in Faust and she was gorgeous – very dark, rich sound and French that would have sent oedipe into raptures. I... 12:13 PM
  • phoenix: My sentiments exactly, Camille. I heard Margaine for the 1st time last summer in a broadcast from Latvia. - Aulus, if the heat... 11:54 AM
  • messa di voce: Agree about Aldrich, but I think Lindsey is a lovely singer, with a distinctive reedy tone. Her Sesto is Paris was... 11:37 AM
  • Camille: Come to Caramoor on the 11th – a week from Saturday – it bodes well with Clementine Margaine as Léonor, probably a... 11:37 AM
  • aulus agerius: Lindsey is singing La Favorite with Washington Concert Opera next spring. I’m undecided. 11:28 AM

Intermission feature

Has the week really gone by so quickly? Yes, it is Sunday, and so La Cieca (not pictured) invites the cher public (left to right) to enjoy an intermission feature brimming with off-topic and general interest conversations.

• zinka says:

Opera Farewell (1992) of one of the greatest singers EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• zinka says:

I ain’t usually a Meyerbeer lover..but with singing like this (Galvany and de Giuseppe)..mmmmmmmmm.

• Feldmarschallin says:

Thorsten Kerl will sing Tannhäuser in Bayreuth this summer.

• A. Poggia Turra says:

Feldmarschallin -- to your best knowledge, whose choice was this? Did Clevemann cancel voluntarily? Did Thielemann make choosing his own Tannhauser a condition of taking the production over? Did katharina have a dream? Or something else?

• Feldmarschallin says:

apparently Clevemann cancelled himself. That is at least the official version. I think it is a win for everyone but alas I only have Parsifal and Holländer tickets. If they would have a decent Elisabeth and Venus I might be tempted now but still nothing of interest IMO. I will wait and Schwanewilms is going to sing Elisabeth here in Sept and then Festspiele. Harteros and Seiffert will sing the opera in Zürich. One can find better Wagner casts here or in other houses other than Bayreuth.

• WindyCityOperaman says:

Born on this day in 1920 conductor Guido Cantelli

Happy 71st birthday soprano Judith Blegen

Happy 68th birthday tenor Alexander Oliver

• zinka says:

So..they walk into ANY bar..and they get picked up in:

a.2 seconds b. no way…the customers are all drunk

c. Ferget it…no one likes opera in bars

Kick-Ass, KARITA!!! Tonite’s THE Night!
    Toi, toi, toi!!!!!!!!!!!

• marshiemarkII says:

Yes Camilllissssima adorata, we will all be sending the vibes, so she has a great TRIUMPH, as I am sure she will. And don’t forget the wonderful Emalie Savoy is also making her Met debut tonight, and she was fabulous in the rehearsal also!

So, this is interesting- both for looking at the direction Calleja may be moving in, and also for those on this site who insist that ‘Reneigh’ ‘can’t sing’.

Because this is tremendous, non?