• MontyNostry: I thought you were talking about these guys … http://www.rush.co m/ 7:03 AM
  • williams: Ah Feldmarschallin! I smile and sigh at your naïveté. People pay well over face value for tickets... 6:29 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: But do not those Rush tickets have the prices paid on the ticket. How can one sell the... 6:17 AM
  • williams: There is a thriving secondary market for Rush tickets. A glance, for example, at Craigslist reveals... 5:58 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: BTW I got a very strange email from Todd. Did your account get hacked? You might want to... 4:11 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: Well Flora I must disagree with you. As much as I love Steber her Arabella cannot really be... 3:44 AM
  • Flora del Rio Grande: Mme Marschallin, my I suggest a better comment would be we haven’t had an... 1:01 AM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: I would welcome that. They should replace both of the hosts. 12:21 AM
  • Krunoslav: httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=FYFE c33zoqE 12:05 AM
  • Constantine A. Papas: Tonight on the internet, I watched live streaming of a concert from Carnegie... 11:52 PM

Once on this regie

This busy production stumped just about everyone, though a name new to La Cieca, sm, ventured (correctly) that the opera in question was Haydn’s Orlando Paladino. La Cieca will take this opportunity to remind everyone we are looking for guesses only: no fair identifying a production you recognize. Shall we give it a try?

All right, cher public: what’s the opera here?

• mercadante says:

The Greek-key design on the costumes and the helmets seem to describe a Greek setting. Idomeneo?

• brunettino says:

Exactly. Mercadante beat me to it. Something about the ocean and costumes/desert island-Lost thing says a lot in that first pic. Then they’re waiting for the sea monster on a tiny little island (that of course represents the diminished state of Creta in crisis) to demand its human lunch; and then Elettra is getting carted off to l’Inferno, but as she’s already nuts she’s kinda digging it as she twirls her twirling parasol atop a piccolo Chitty Chitty Bang Bang machine that’s meant to be an Industrial Revolution version of the Ceraste and Serpenti.

• Hoffmann says:

I wanted to say both Ariadne or Alcina, but I got pipped to the post…

So I say it is one of the operas featuring Armida, be that Gluck, Rossini or Handel’s Rinaldo…

What ever it is the production looks fun!!

• Boris Sarastro says:

Guys, its obvious!!!!

It has to be Offenbach’s Robinson Crusoe!

Of course, not knowing the work well enough, I cannot comment on who is what…

• tannengrin says:

How about Monteverdi’s “il ritorno di ulisse in patria”?
    Picture 1 is some allegorical frolicking from the prologue? And that could be Penelope in the Eva Peron getup in the 2nd picture (Do cry for me, oh Ulysses)? And that cart in the 3rd looks like an airline serving trolley, so he’s arriving by Olympic Airways?

• jim says:

The Egyptian Helen

1. The sorceress plots
    2. Menelaus (in the red jacket) in one of his two moods.
    3. Helen and Hermione return.

• Sanford says:

I’m going to say Oberon because that Island looks like a swell place to sing Ocean, Thou Mighty Monster

• Batty Masetto says:

I dunno what opera it is, but here’s another picture from the same production: