• Krunoslav: It’s the mezzo /contralto that has the best piece in NEVSKY: httpv://www.you... 11:33 AM
  • Krunoslav: Betrayed by a sticking key!!! Serves me right. Field *Marshal* **Rommel** 11:28 AM
  • Krunoslav: “Marshal Law “?? *Martial* Law *Marshall* Plan http://www.nndb.co m/people/563/00... 11:27 AM
  • Krunoslav: “Where IS the envelope?” ……R 30;. I called yesterday *before* they... 11:19 AM
  • tatiana: I just discovered that Sergei Skorokhodov is scheduled to sing with Riccardo Muti and the Chicago... 11:00 AM
  • mandryka: I had tickets for the first three performances. Got refunds for first two at the box office, and... 10:32 AM
  • tatiana: I see from the Met website that the “Iolanta/Blu ebeard” performance on February 10 is... 10:31 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: The Livestream is on the 1st I believe and why would they reschedule? 10:09 AM
  • Sir Ferris: Die Stadt der Freude ward verschont….. 9:31 AM
  • williams: We were in row S center orchestra the tragic first night. Went to the box office after the... 9:15 AM

Happy Birthday Maestro Wenarto

Still going strong after (approximately) 1,500 YouTube appearances, Our Own Maestro Wenarto celebrates the anniversary of his birth today. A recent sampling of the oeuvre, after the jump.

• SilvestriWoman says:

A few of my own countless Wenarto jewels:

Butterfly’s Entrance (inspired by Matthew Bourne?)

Elvira in the Cathedral

Der Holle Rache (subtitles by Kim Jong Il)

Mozart While Chauffeuring La Caballero (was anyone else on the road aware of what was going on?)

Basta!!! There simply are too many…

• zinka says:

To my adopted diva,Wenarto, HAPPPPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I have my time machine ready…and we can together do that Puerto Rican duet, “Mira, mira,o Norma’ which I used to do with a friend BEFORE there was electricity..well..at least no youtube….

We can do it (a la Gina Cigna/Stignani)in the ORIGINAL KEY…I dare you to hit a real high C..never mind this Placido stuff…..

• Rory Williams says:

The Butterfly is my special favorite. I love the guy at the end of the line who’s texting at the start and then the clip closes with the camera zooming to a butt shot of him. Also love the Lowe’s insulation as the background.

• Clita del Toro says:

OT: Good news. Adam Diegel will replace Giordani at Wednesday’s Butterfly.

• zinka says:

Sad..Marcello is a great great tenor…why is he trashed??Take the bananas out of your ears..(Whose bananas?????)

• Clita del Toro says:

If deaf people like you would stop touting Giordani as as great tenor, maybe others would stop bitching about him.

• diva2themax says:

Happy birthday Wenarto!!!! The Butterfly entrance is the best!!!! I’ve cracked up over that video soo many times it’s genius.

• CruzSF says:

Happy Birthday to an ageless Maestro, divo, impresario, and stud wrangler!

• Tanti Auguri maetrissimo!

• Ruxxy says:

No wonder Maestro Wernato is always singing -- did you see the plastic doll he’s got parked in his bedroom?

• I am curious to know Maestro Wenarto’s age….

• Baltsamic Vinaigrette says:

… and if he is ready to give us his Vec Makropoulos yet -- Emilia Wenarty, we cry out for you!