Out with the auld
“There comes a time in every woman’s life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne,” says La Cieca (pictured, left). As she prepares to bid 2011 adieu, your doyenne invites the cher public (artist’s conception, right) to join her in making a few resolutions for 2012.
La Cieca’s resolutions:
- Getting past the technical issues of the past week. (This should be accomplished quite shortly.)
- Devising an “anchor” post each morning so early bird parterriani will have someplace to start the daily chatter.
- Attending more and varied opera performances, not just the obvious A-list opening nights. (There’s more to New York than the Met.)
- Reviving (at least on an occasional basis) Unnatural Acts of Opera.
- And finally, getting some kind of surgical intervention on that unsightly wattle.