• Quanto Painy Fakor: Great! Maybe it will run longer than The Man from LaMancha and she will never have time... 9:50 PM
  • Ilka Saro: Ooooo! Can’t wait for the moment when she tries to flush Kiri Te Kanawa’s wig down the... 9:48 PM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: Coloraturafan rulzzzz! Don’t miss the nasty unusual Don Giovanni there too.... 9:45 PM
  • reedroom: woof 9:21 PM
  • Bill: I am not sure that a solemn Mass is supposed to be warm and fuzzy – any more than the Brahms... 9:07 PM
  • coloraturafan: Here is the video of Wien Rigoletto that people were speaking of, not the edited TV broadcast,... 9:03 PM
  • La Valkyrietta: Good for her! She can plant a tree, but can she beat Aretha at this aria? httpv://www.you... 8:50 PM
  • Poison Ivy: JML I can tell you that I always appreciate your uploads as they are usually of perfromances I... 8:15 PM
  • Bluebeard: As always, WKCR in New York is doing its non-stop broadcast of Johann Sebastian Bach, and it... 8:04 PM
  • Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: I am sorry to be so obsessive, but I am extremely concerned with my goal of... 8:00 PM

Frequent flier

Leave it to those Torontonians to blow the lid off an opera story happening in New York! (Goodness knows the local journalists don’t bother.) Did you know that Des McAnuff has been jetting between New York and the west coast,  simultaneously directing Faust and Jesus Christ Superstar respectively? Or that future Met seasons will include a Robert Lepage production of The Tempest and McAnuff’s Falstaff? We really do need to get those deucedly clever Canadians cracking on that Citigroup settlement story! [Toronto.com]

• phoenix says:

? ????!

• perfidia says:

I love the picture with this post. I think a lot of Twilight Zone episodes would make for great short operas.

• brooklynpunk says:

perfida:

I LOVE that idea.. as being both an Opera ..AND.. TZ fanatic..!!

The “Olyimpa” Act of “Tales” always makes me think of the “Talky Tina” episode of “TZ”-- and both always scare me..!--lol!

• perfidia says:

I would love to see an opera version of “Nothing in the Dark,” the one where Robert Redford plays Death. The old lady could be a great part for asinging actress. And “Time Enough at Last” could be devastating as a monodrama.

• brooklynpunk says:

“The Eye of the Beholder” might work well for one of Peter Gelb’s pretty, young singers, no..?

• m. croche says:

I think Maxwell Davies’ “The Lighthouse” qualifies…

• perfidia says:

But I don’t think Gelb believes in the message of “The Eye of the Beholder.” To him, thin, young and pretty are universal across the whole multiverse.

• BillyBoy says:

The article cited is the work of just one Canadian…at least I imagine he’s Canadian now though he’s a native New Yorker!