• Feldmarschallin: http://www.hamburg ballett.de/form/vo rschau_14_15.pdf Some interesting casting…... 5:02 AM
  • Cocky Kurwenal: I saw John Osborn sign Arnold in the 5,000 seat Royal Albert Hall very convincingly, so while... 4:48 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: Almost all reviews were positive from the Met including La Cieca. I have Yoncheva tomorrow... 4:38 AM
  • Regina delle fate: Oh – I forgot his Wexford appearances in Linda di Chamounix, Crispino e la Comare... 4:29 AM
  • Regina delle fate: This reminds me of the comparisons made 40 years ago between two of the leading Rossini... 4:27 AM
  • Regina delle fate: Can anyone remind me how Damrau’s Violetta was received at the Met? Her Covent... 4:10 AM
  • Regina delle fate: A likely story. 4:04 AM
  • Regina delle fate: Hehe Armerj! Good one! 4:03 AM
  • Cicciabella: I heard Ms Wagner in the house. I think her main virtues are a beautiful, silvery sound and the... 3:59 AM
  • m. croche: FWIW?the BLS indicates that about sixty percent of the American male workforce gets paid sick... 3:50 AM

Frequent flier

Leave it to those Torontonians to blow the lid off an opera story happening in New York! (Goodness knows the local journalists don’t bother.) Did you know that Des McAnuff has been jetting between New York and the west coast,  simultaneously directing Faust and Jesus Christ Superstar respectively? Or that future Met seasons will include a Robert Lepage production of The Tempest and McAnuff’s Falstaff? We really do need to get those deucedly clever Canadians cracking on that Citigroup settlement story! [Toronto.com]

• phoenix says:

? ????!

• perfidia says:

I love the picture with this post. I think a lot of Twilight Zone episodes would make for great short operas.

• brooklynpunk says:

perfida:

I LOVE that idea.. as being both an Opera ..AND.. TZ fanatic..!!

The “Olyimpa” Act of “Tales” always makes me think of the “Talky Tina” episode of “TZ”-- and both always scare me..!--lol!

• perfidia says:

I would love to see an opera version of “Nothing in the Dark,” the one where Robert Redford plays Death. The old lady could be a great part for asinging actress. And “Time Enough at Last” could be devastating as a monodrama.

• brooklynpunk says:

“The Eye of the Beholder” might work well for one of Peter Gelb’s pretty, young singers, no..?

• m. croche says:

I think Maxwell Davies’ “The Lighthouse” qualifies…

• perfidia says:

But I don’t think Gelb believes in the message of “The Eye of the Beholder.” To him, thin, young and pretty are universal across the whole multiverse.

• BillyBoy says:

The article cited is the work of just one Canadian…at least I imagine he’s Canadian now though he’s a native New Yorker!