• MontyNostry: antikk is right about the Macbeth at Covent Garden – she looked rather glamorous, but so... 7:32 PM
  • antikitschychick: Lmaoooo now that is funny Pavel! I think she looks like a combination of Montsy and... 7:10 PM
  • antikitschychick: Quanto: I highly doubt that’s true given her busy schedule…may be a few years... 7:01 PM
  • MontyNostry: I’ve said this on here before – it’s a shame that an intelligent woman with... 6:54 PM
  • antikitschychick: Ivy, this is an interesting observation but I don’t necessarily agree because, while... 6:54 PM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: Rumor has it that she will begin or is already involved in having a teaching career! 6:54 PM
  • pavel: I love her in this video! I just can’t stop thinking, however, how much she looks like a... 6:49 PM
  • MontyNostry: I saw Max Jota in a competition a few years ago (2011) and I thought he was genuinely talented,... 6:41 PM
  • Poison Ivy: Ok, I’ve done some digging on what’s available for Monastyrska and have found some... 6:37 PM
  • antikitschychick: Lmaooooooo this is too funny. I really like her but Verdi might be rolling around in his... 6:35 PM

Frequent flier

Leave it to those Torontonians to blow the lid off an opera story happening in New York! (Goodness knows the local journalists don’t bother.) Did you know that Des McAnuff has been jetting between New York and the west coast,  simultaneously directing Faust and Jesus Christ Superstar respectively? Or that future Met seasons will include a Robert Lepage production of The Tempest and McAnuff’s Falstaff? We really do need to get those deucedly clever Canadians cracking on that Citigroup settlement story! [Toronto.com]

• phoenix says:

? ????!

• perfidia says:

I love the picture with this post. I think a lot of Twilight Zone episodes would make for great short operas.

• brooklynpunk says:

perfida:

I LOVE that idea.. as being both an Opera ..AND.. TZ fanatic..!!

The “Olyimpa” Act of “Tales” always makes me think of the “Talky Tina” episode of “TZ”-- and both always scare me..!--lol!

• perfidia says:

I would love to see an opera version of “Nothing in the Dark,” the one where Robert Redford plays Death. The old lady could be a great part for asinging actress. And “Time Enough at Last” could be devastating as a monodrama.

• brooklynpunk says:

“The Eye of the Beholder” might work well for one of Peter Gelb’s pretty, young singers, no..?

• m. croche says:

I think Maxwell Davies’ “The Lighthouse” qualifies…

• perfidia says:

But I don’t think Gelb believes in the message of “The Eye of the Beholder.” To him, thin, young and pretty are universal across the whole multiverse.

• BillyBoy says:

The article cited is the work of just one Canadian…at least I imagine he’s Canadian now though he’s a native New Yorker!