• aulus agerius: I am currently rereading The Count of Monte Cristo for a book group. It remains probably the best book I’ve ever... 12:06 PM
  • kashania: I’d never heard the Berganza recording. Beautiful, sensitive stuff, if a bit too precious on the climactic... 12:04 PM
  • Cocky Kurwenal: I was actually at this concert, having just started a contract in Brussels. How lovely to have the opportunity to hear... 12:02 PM
  • kashania: Her speaking voice may sound like she’s a Brit, but… I’ve always loved the hushed the delivery on... 11:54 AM
  • Camille: I walked after “Sogno talor” and il Consorte discovered her in her illicit Freudian dream state. By then, I was... 11:48 AM
  • phoenix: ‘No reason for the changes are given.’ Could Algana have wanted to keep it all in the family? – If I’m... 11:40 AM
  • Camille: No sir, I was scoping out the cutie during the first half. As is my custom, I WALKED. I walked up to the MET where I watched... 11:38 AM
  • Camille: There is a fun chapter from The Count of Monte Cristo involving the opera Parisina d’Este, situated at the Teatro... 11:30 AM

Not sure what this is about, but I have a hunch

dannyTrash television gets the “royal” treatment. [Danny Knows Best]

• 1
    Edward George says:

I sent Danny’s website to a friend as a puzzle to see if she could understand what it was all about. After two days she gave up.

Also check out “Danny Knows Best” on Facebook to see this viral marketing in action and for additional clues:

• 1.1
      dcrazmo says:

And what is it all about, Alfie?

• 1.1.1
        Edward George says:

It is the Royal Opera House’s latest attempt to promote itself to new audiences and sell tickets which are struggling at the box office.

The trailer and videos for “Danny Knows Best” have been posted on Facebook to walls of reality TV shows, in the hope that fans of such shows will watch the trailer or 9-minute video, wish to join the audience, click on the appropriate button, realise that they have just watched the plot of “Rigoletto”, think that the video was fun/cool/made opera accessible and not patronising etc and then pay £55 for a seat in the stalls.

More regular visitors to the ROH see this as an opportunity to snap a bargain and pay £55 for a seat that would normally be £150+ with a glass of champagne thrown in.

• 2
    tannengrin says:

this is clearly a regie production of (a) Cenerentola or (b) Magic Flute, with the 3 ladies standing in for the ominously absent Queen of the Night.

• 3
    Quanto Painy Fakor says:

more to the point:
    “Bruce Sledge will sing the role of Ferrando in this evening’s performance of Così fan tutte, replacing Pavol Breslik, who is ill.”
    Get well soon Pavol

• 4
    Nerva Nelli says:

Sledge’s tone is a bit adenoidal at full tilt, but he had the goods technically and to hold your own in those ensembles as a sub is really something. In some ways he was the most interestting of the six, though what Persson can do ( and it isn’t eveything) she does well. Dancing Danielle I though a disaster- the role is too low for her and the cooing and pulling around of the tone for supposed comic effect was just dreadful.

Ms. Leonard as Dorabella is fine but unmemorable- for the TIMES tio devite column space to her post-birth slimming really shows that they have no depths to which they won’t sink to try and sell Met tickets, the PRIME DIRECTIVE,