• Operngasse: We now know where the West ends: The western border of Arizona and Nevada, per Justice Scalia (forgive me for mentioning his... 7:52 PM
  • manou: So – not only are American people unsure of where they live, they also wash their hair with potato chips and soda. Curiouser... 7:40 PM
  • Poison Ivy: No, it does not count. You haven’t really lived until you’ve gone to Walmart to buy shampoo and left with a cart... 7:37 PM
  • LT: Does online shopping count? I recently bought a sexy vacuum cleaner for $29.99. 7:28 PM
  • Poison Ivy: Time for you to pop your Walmart cherry then. 7:26 PM
  • LT: I’ve never set foot in a Walmart, let alone the Super edition. 7:20 PM
  • manou: Cara Signora – come al solito ha capito benissimo. There is indeed at the end a gang rape of Polina (or rather Pauline as the... 7:16 PM
  • Poison Ivy: Anne! I miss SuperWalmart! I could get my oil changed, my hair cut, my prescriptions filled all in one place. It was great. 7:10 PM

Not sure what this is about, but I have a hunch

dannyTrash television gets the “royal” treatment. [Danny Knows Best]

• Edward George says:

I sent Danny’s website to a friend as a puzzle to see if she could understand what it was all about. After two days she gave up.

Also check out “Danny Knows Best” on Facebook to see this viral marketing in action and for additional clues:

• dcrazmo says:

And what is it all about, Alfie?

• Edward George says:

It is the Royal Opera House’s latest attempt to promote itself to new audiences and sell tickets which are struggling at the box office.

The trailer and videos for “Danny Knows Best” have been posted on Facebook to walls of reality TV shows, in the hope that fans of such shows will watch the trailer or 9-minute video, wish to join the audience, click on the appropriate button, realise that they have just watched the plot of “Rigoletto”, think that the video was fun/cool/made opera accessible and not patronising etc and then pay £55 for a seat in the stalls.

More regular visitors to the ROH see this as an opportunity to snap a bargain and pay £55 for a seat that would normally be £150+ with a glass of champagne thrown in.

• tannengrin says:

this is clearly a regie production of (a) Cenerentola or (b) Magic Flute, with the 3 ladies standing in for the ominously absent Queen of the Night.

more to the point:
    “Bruce Sledge will sing the role of Ferrando in this evening’s performance of Così fan tutte, replacing Pavol Breslik, who is ill.”
    Get well soon Pavol

• Nerva Nelli says:

Sledge’s tone is a bit adenoidal at full tilt, but he had the goods technically and to hold your own in those ensembles as a sub is really something. In some ways he was the most interestting of the six, though what Persson can do ( and it isn’t eveything) she does well. Dancing Danielle I though a disaster- the role is too low for her and the cooing and pulling around of the tone for supposed comic effect was just dreadful.

Ms. Leonard as Dorabella is fine but unmemorable- for the TIMES tio devite column space to her post-birth slimming really shows that they have no depths to which they won’t sink to try and sell Met tickets, the PRIME DIRECTIVE,