• NPW-Paris: Every time I look back at what I wrote at the time, I find it almmost useless. I heard Hymel only... 6:52 PM
  • manou: Costello interviews Keenlyside http://stephencost ellotenor.com/cate gory/blog/ 6:52 PM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: It’s not transposed, I recorded it and just checked on the piano. 6:27 PM
  • Cicciabella: Dear PUM, I was, of course, being sarcastic about the poppies, which look magnificent and... 6:24 PM
  • operaassport: I thought it sounded transposed as well but whether or not that happened what I did think was... 6:22 PM
  • PushedUpMezzo: Well all those artistic poppies in the Tower of London moat were pre-sold to donors to the... 6:01 PM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: Yes, good diction is very important! httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=nIwr gAnx6Q8 5:56 PM
  • PushedUpMezzo: Oh for a lean pointed middle! Let alone laid out. 5:50 PM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: What interview? httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=xNz- O5ksg3o 5:49 PM
  • PushedUpMezzo: I liked that a lot, and, probably just as important, so did the increasingly mellow Ms Norman.... 5:47 PM

Not sure what this is about, but I have a hunch

dannyTrash television gets the “royal” treatment. [Danny Knows Best]

• Edward George says:

I sent Danny’s website to a friend as a puzzle to see if she could understand what it was all about. After two days she gave up.

Also check out “Danny Knows Best” on Facebook to see this viral marketing in action and for additional clues:

• dcrazmo says:

And what is it all about, Alfie?

• Edward George says:

It is the Royal Opera House’s latest attempt to promote itself to new audiences and sell tickets which are struggling at the box office.

The trailer and videos for “Danny Knows Best” have been posted on Facebook to walls of reality TV shows, in the hope that fans of such shows will watch the trailer or 9-minute video, wish to join the audience, click on the appropriate button, realise that they have just watched the plot of “Rigoletto”, think that the video was fun/cool/made opera accessible and not patronising etc and then pay £55 for a seat in the stalls.

More regular visitors to the ROH see this as an opportunity to snap a bargain and pay £55 for a seat that would normally be £150+ with a glass of champagne thrown in.

• tannengrin says:

this is clearly a regie production of (a) Cenerentola or (b) Magic Flute, with the 3 ladies standing in for the ominously absent Queen of the Night.

more to the point:
    “Bruce Sledge will sing the role of Ferrando in this evening’s performance of Così fan tutte, replacing Pavol Breslik, who is ill.”
    Get well soon Pavol

• Nerva Nelli says:

Sledge’s tone is a bit adenoidal at full tilt, but he had the goods technically and to hold your own in those ensembles as a sub is really something. In some ways he was the most interestting of the six, though what Persson can do ( and it isn’t eveything) she does well. Dancing Danielle I though a disaster- the role is too low for her and the cooing and pulling around of the tone for supposed comic effect was just dreadful.

Ms. Leonard as Dorabella is fine but unmemorable- for the TIMES tio devite column space to her post-birth slimming really shows that they have no depths to which they won’t sink to try and sell Met tickets, the PRIME DIRECTIVE,