• Constantine A. Papas: Sirius charges around $17 a month for one device such a radio connected to your audio system. You may need an... 1:21 PM
  • overstimmelated: Fleming does have a CH concert (4 Last Songs) and her 25th anniversary celebration in May. I suppose it’s possible... 11:58 AM
  • Lady Abbado: I’ve just noticed several other “for-the-fir st-time-in-a-live- performance” in Gheorghiu’s (very... 9:23 AM
  • Lohengrin: London-Ticket-Pric es (sold out!) £125 £95 £85 £50 £40 £30 6:49 AM
  • NPW-Paris: Five to 175 euros here. 6:36 AM
  • manou: Yes – he is coming to London in October. I have just given my tickets away because we shall be abroad on the day. Not that... 3:42 AM
  • schweigundtanze: The “O soave fanciulla” with Opolais is fantastic! It reminds me of Simoneau and Alarie’s recording. 3:34 AM
  • Lohengrin: https://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=DBeI QsCy9vw https://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=7E2B 9g07Rxk 3:02 AM

The sweet smell of success

woolfe_twitter [@zwoolfe]

• phoenix says:

oh good heavens, who was it? It was a Boheme last nite, i think. Such a proprietously considerate gesture… was it accompanied by the appropo expression alluding to the “answer” … so the audience could at least imagine the ecstasy of inhaling the fragrance of one’s own body odours. This most important aspect of operatic art further justifies Smell-O-Vision being installed at these HD opera broadcast theaters!

• Gualtier M says:

Okay -- whose pits would you rather sniff? Grigolo or Garanca?

• This is an gesture best kept to A Fish Called Wanda.

• Loge says:

Well, if it is Boheme it is set in France. You can insert your own stereotype.

• vendorune says:

I believe this was a Carmen topic, not Boheme.

I personally understand people who find the smell of sweat attractive, regardless of gender or orientation.

• Loge says:

The original post was on Saturday morning. It refers to the opera the night before which was Boheme.

• vendorune says:

err… DON’T understand that was supposed to say. ^^

• pasavant says:

This has to be Gergiev. Several years ago I attended his Otello at the Met ( gloriously sung by Domingo and Vaness) . I was sitting in the very front row about two seat to the left of Mr. Gergiev. Every time that he lifted his arms there was a very strong BO odor . Fortunately the lady next to me had a bottle of eau de cologne which she kindly shpritzed on a handkerchief and waved around during intermission.

• Harry says:

That figures..Gergiev looks a grubby unwashed grot. It was reputed that peasant Nureyev used to carry hard boiled eggs in his pocket around, to eat.

• Loge says:

I took this more as a quick check to make sure he or she doesn’t stink before coming into contact with the love interest.

• Maury D says:

Marina in Boris Godunov and Wotan in Rheingold, I hope.