• Clita del Toro: Steveac, gotcha! You learned early on. 2:52 PM
  • steveac10: “Steveac, my problem is, how many times over 60 years can one listen to any particular... 2:44 PM
  • Clita del Toro: Lohengrin, I did see the Forza streamed. I did like Tézier. 1:31 PM
  • Clita del Toro: I don’t especially like Kaufmann or Harteros in the first scene. That’s all I can... 1:29 PM
  • Lohengrin: CdT: can you only listen to Forza or also watch video? In this case you will have the impression... 1:24 PM
  • Clita del Toro: Lol. I am now forcing myself again to listen to the Forza with Harteros and Kaufmann.I am... 1:13 PM
  • Clita del Toro: Aulus, very smart of you! 12:48 PM
  • aulus agerius: This is why I spend my money to go see Orphee, Euryanthe, Corsaro, Masnadieri, Tell,... 12:30 PM
  • Clita del Toro: Manou. Lolol 12:07 PM
  • manou: “my problem is, how many times over 60 years can one listen to any particular opera?”... 11:44 AM

The sweet smell of success

woolfe_twitter [@zwoolfe]

• phoenix says:

oh good heavens, who was it? It was a Boheme last nite, i think. Such a proprietously considerate gesture… was it accompanied by the appropo expression alluding to the “answer” … so the audience could at least imagine the ecstasy of inhaling the fragrance of one’s own body odours. This most important aspect of operatic art further justifies Smell-O-Vision being installed at these HD opera broadcast theaters!

• Gualtier M says:

Okay -- whose pits would you rather sniff? Grigolo or Garanca?

• This is an gesture best kept to A Fish Called Wanda.

• Loge says:

Well, if it is Boheme it is set in France. You can insert your own stereotype.

• vendorune says:

I believe this was a Carmen topic, not Boheme.

I personally understand people who find the smell of sweat attractive, regardless of gender or orientation.

• Loge says:

The original post was on Saturday morning. It refers to the opera the night before which was Boheme.

• vendorune says:

err… DON’T understand that was supposed to say. ^^

• pasavant says:

This has to be Gergiev. Several years ago I attended his Otello at the Met ( gloriously sung by Domingo and Vaness) . I was sitting in the very front row about two seat to the left of Mr. Gergiev. Every time that he lifted his arms there was a very strong BO odor . Fortunately the lady next to me had a bottle of eau de cologne which she kindly shpritzed on a handkerchief and waved around during intermission.

• Harry says:

That figures..Gergiev looks a grubby unwashed grot. It was reputed that peasant Nureyev used to carry hard boiled eggs in his pocket around, to eat.

• Loge says:

I took this more as a quick check to make sure he or she doesn’t stink before coming into contact with the love interest.

• Maury D says:

Marina in Boris Godunov and Wotan in Rheingold, I hope.