• MontyNostry: antikk is right about the Macbeth at Covent Garden – she looked rather glamorous, but so... 7:32 PM
  • antikitschychick: Lmaoooo now that is funny Pavel! I think she looks like a combination of Montsy and... 7:10 PM
  • antikitschychick: Quanto: I highly doubt that’s true given her busy schedule…may be a few years... 7:01 PM
  • MontyNostry: I’ve said this on here before – it’s a shame that an intelligent woman with... 6:54 PM
  • antikitschychick: Ivy, this is an interesting observation but I don’t necessarily agree because, while... 6:54 PM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: Rumor has it that she will begin or is already involved in having a teaching career! 6:54 PM
  • pavel: I love her in this video! I just can’t stop thinking, however, how much she looks like a... 6:49 PM
  • MontyNostry: I saw Max Jota in a competition a few years ago (2011) and I thought he was genuinely talented,... 6:41 PM
  • Poison Ivy: Ok, I’ve done some digging on what’s available for Monastyrska and have found some... 6:37 PM
  • antikitschychick: Lmaooooooo this is too funny. I really like her but Verdi might be rolling around in his... 6:35 PM

The sweet smell of success

woolfe_twitter [@zwoolfe]

• phoenix says:

oh good heavens, who was it? It was a Boheme last nite, i think. Such a proprietously considerate gesture… was it accompanied by the appropo expression alluding to the “answer” … so the audience could at least imagine the ecstasy of inhaling the fragrance of one’s own body odours. This most important aspect of operatic art further justifies Smell-O-Vision being installed at these HD opera broadcast theaters!

• Gualtier M says:

Okay -- whose pits would you rather sniff? Grigolo or Garanca?

• This is an gesture best kept to A Fish Called Wanda.

• Loge says:

Well, if it is Boheme it is set in France. You can insert your own stereotype.

• vendorune says:

I believe this was a Carmen topic, not Boheme.

I personally understand people who find the smell of sweat attractive, regardless of gender or orientation.

• Loge says:

The original post was on Saturday morning. It refers to the opera the night before which was Boheme.

• vendorune says:

err… DON’T understand that was supposed to say. ^^

• pasavant says:

This has to be Gergiev. Several years ago I attended his Otello at the Met ( gloriously sung by Domingo and Vaness) . I was sitting in the very front row about two seat to the left of Mr. Gergiev. Every time that he lifted his arms there was a very strong BO odor . Fortunately the lady next to me had a bottle of eau de cologne which she kindly shpritzed on a handkerchief and waved around during intermission.

• Harry says:

That figures..Gergiev looks a grubby unwashed grot. It was reputed that peasant Nureyev used to carry hard boiled eggs in his pocket around, to eat.

• Loge says:

I took this more as a quick check to make sure he or she doesn’t stink before coming into contact with the love interest.

• Maury D says:

Marina in Boris Godunov and Wotan in Rheingold, I hope.