• Camille: What a sweet story, Mister Christopher. Love to think of you holding that mike to the car radio recording Joan&Jack... 11:05 AM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: Lovely memories. Mine began much earlier and I remember positioning the little microphone from my seriously deficient... 11:03 AM
  • kashania: With Kaufmann as her De Grieux one hopes? Since no house seems to be eager to spend their resources hiring both singers for the... 10:55 AM
  • Camille: ‘Tis the season for losing one’s chapeau, apparently, as I just left my hat somewhere yesterday and am trying to... 10:29 AM
  • Sanford: Carlo Bini in all of his glory. He just finished his aria and cabaletta and boy is he horrible. If that’s his glory,... 10:16 AM
  • Lohengrin: Fanciulla from Vienna 2013 will be released on DVD in October (Stemme, Kaufmann). 10:03 AM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: Sorry, I meant this tribute: httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=Nep3 W0NGQgI httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=U... 9:27 AM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=W4lt vrtb0Ek 9:23 AM

The sweet smell of success

woolfe_twitter [@zwoolfe]

• phoenix says:

oh good heavens, who was it? It was a Boheme last nite, i think. Such a proprietously considerate gesture… was it accompanied by the appropo expression alluding to the “answer” … so the audience could at least imagine the ecstasy of inhaling the fragrance of one’s own body odours. This most important aspect of operatic art further justifies Smell-O-Vision being installed at these HD opera broadcast theaters!

• Gualtier M says:

Okay -- whose pits would you rather sniff? Grigolo or Garanca?

• This is an gesture best kept to A Fish Called Wanda.

• Loge says:

Well, if it is Boheme it is set in France. You can insert your own stereotype.

• vendorune says:

I believe this was a Carmen topic, not Boheme.

I personally understand people who find the smell of sweat attractive, regardless of gender or orientation.

• Loge says:

The original post was on Saturday morning. It refers to the opera the night before which was Boheme.

• vendorune says:

err… DON’T understand that was supposed to say. ^^

• pasavant says:

This has to be Gergiev. Several years ago I attended his Otello at the Met ( gloriously sung by Domingo and Vaness) . I was sitting in the very front row about two seat to the left of Mr. Gergiev. Every time that he lifted his arms there was a very strong BO odor . Fortunately the lady next to me had a bottle of eau de cologne which she kindly shpritzed on a handkerchief and waved around during intermission.

• Harry says:

That figures..Gergiev looks a grubby unwashed grot. It was reputed that peasant Nureyev used to carry hard boiled eggs in his pocket around, to eat.

• Loge says:

I took this more as a quick check to make sure he or she doesn’t stink before coming into contact with the love interest.

• Maury D says:

Marina in Boris Godunov and Wotan in Rheingold, I hope.