• danpatter: I loved Italo Tajo’s singing. I only got to see him a few times, as Don Pasquale in... 12:03 AM
  • PCally: She’s actually very good in the tcherniakov Carmelites, dramatically as well, and I liked her... 8:12 PM
  • manou: …another “s” ablation. 8:10 PM
  • Betsy_Ann_Bobolink: I know it needs to be corrected, but for the life of me I can’t remember whether I... 8:08 PM
  • Betsy_Ann_Bobolink: I’ve been sort of interested in Lucas Meacham ever ince he surfaced on a... 8:07 PM
  • m. croche: Heaven knows my “s” needs ablating. 8:01 PM
  • armerjacquino: PCally- I agree. I saw Isokoski as Countess Madeleine and some extraordinarily good singing... 7:53 PM
  • manou: …or an “s” ablation? 7:27 PM
  • m. croche: An Auline conversion? 7:03 PM
  • Rosemont: Thank you laddie for the kind welcome. My positive reaction to Meachem is probably partly due to an... 7:01 PM

The sweet smell of success

woolfe_twitter [@zwoolfe]

• phoenix says:

oh good heavens, who was it? It was a Boheme last nite, i think. Such a proprietously considerate gesture… was it accompanied by the appropo expression alluding to the “answer” … so the audience could at least imagine the ecstasy of inhaling the fragrance of one’s own body odours. This most important aspect of operatic art further justifies Smell-O-Vision being installed at these HD opera broadcast theaters!

• Gualtier M says:

Okay -- whose pits would you rather sniff? Grigolo or Garanca?

• This is an gesture best kept to A Fish Called Wanda.

• Loge says:

Well, if it is Boheme it is set in France. You can insert your own stereotype.

• vendorune says:

I believe this was a Carmen topic, not Boheme.

I personally understand people who find the smell of sweat attractive, regardless of gender or orientation.

• Loge says:

The original post was on Saturday morning. It refers to the opera the night before which was Boheme.

• vendorune says:

err… DON’T understand that was supposed to say. ^^

• pasavant says:

This has to be Gergiev. Several years ago I attended his Otello at the Met ( gloriously sung by Domingo and Vaness) . I was sitting in the very front row about two seat to the left of Mr. Gergiev. Every time that he lifted his arms there was a very strong BO odor . Fortunately the lady next to me had a bottle of eau de cologne which she kindly shpritzed on a handkerchief and waved around during intermission.

• Harry says:

That figures..Gergiev looks a grubby unwashed grot. It was reputed that peasant Nureyev used to carry hard boiled eggs in his pocket around, to eat.

• Loge says:

I took this more as a quick check to make sure he or she doesn’t stink before coming into contact with the love interest.

• Maury D says:

Marina in Boris Godunov and Wotan in Rheingold, I hope.