• Cicciabella: I’m assuming that if they’re discussed on this blog, they’re too busy to read... 5:51 PM
  • La Cieca: httpvh://www.youtu be.com/watch?v=qGt 4ofoctno 5:10 PM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: Great minds think alike. And Cicciabella, how do you know singers don’t read... 5:09 PM
  • laddie: Don’t take everything so literally Huh? You sound like my grandmother. 5:01 PM
  • Cicciabella: It would only be awkward if singers read this blog, which they don’t. 4:32 PM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: Usually when you say someone looks pregnant when they’re not, it means they... 4:25 PM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: Not my fault they have the same name. I couldn’t let that pass :D 4:20 PM
  • laddie: OK, not sure why it’s “awkward. 221; She looks beautiful and sexy, no matter, not to... 4:01 PM
  • Poison Ivy: Guestoria, way to be not anti-Semitic. Kruno idk. I could call her up but holidays and all. 3:52 PM
  • willym: “Renee was great — a real sweetheart,” concedes a production source who hopes the show goes on... 3:40 PM

The sweet smell of success

woolfe_twitter [@zwoolfe]

• phoenix says:

oh good heavens, who was it? It was a Boheme last nite, i think. Such a proprietously considerate gesture… was it accompanied by the appropo expression alluding to the “answer” … so the audience could at least imagine the ecstasy of inhaling the fragrance of one’s own body odours. This most important aspect of operatic art further justifies Smell-O-Vision being installed at these HD opera broadcast theaters!

• Gualtier M says:

Okay -- whose pits would you rather sniff? Grigolo or Garanca?

• This is an gesture best kept to A Fish Called Wanda.

• Loge says:

Well, if it is Boheme it is set in France. You can insert your own stereotype.

• vendorune says:

I believe this was a Carmen topic, not Boheme.

I personally understand people who find the smell of sweat attractive, regardless of gender or orientation.

• Loge says:

The original post was on Saturday morning. It refers to the opera the night before which was Boheme.

• vendorune says:

err… DON’T understand that was supposed to say. ^^

• pasavant says:

This has to be Gergiev. Several years ago I attended his Otello at the Met ( gloriously sung by Domingo and Vaness) . I was sitting in the very front row about two seat to the left of Mr. Gergiev. Every time that he lifted his arms there was a very strong BO odor . Fortunately the lady next to me had a bottle of eau de cologne which she kindly shpritzed on a handkerchief and waved around during intermission.

• Harry says:

That figures..Gergiev looks a grubby unwashed grot. It was reputed that peasant Nureyev used to carry hard boiled eggs in his pocket around, to eat.

• Loge says:

I took this more as a quick check to make sure he or she doesn’t stink before coming into contact with the love interest.

• Maury D says:

Marina in Boris Godunov and Wotan in Rheingold, I hope.