• Constantine A. Papas: Luc Bondy, the director of the recent new production of Tosca at the Met, died, at age 67. 3:36 PM
  • Porgy Amor: Opera is like sex – …when it’s bad, it’s awkward, laborious, and full of mistakes; it fails to be what... 3:35 PM
  • Podlesmania: … or you have something like this (that I have previously seen in Parterre, but lovely nevertheless!) httpv:// 3:08 PM
  • lorenzo.venezia: yes, of course. But I was only 16… 3:00 PM
  • antikitschychick: Thanks Ed! I did actually buy both our tickets since they weren’t expensive :-). I totally agree with you that... 2:16 PM
  • manou: Here is Jessica Pratt in the complete Puritani from Firenze: https://www.youtub epZAVZs 1:46 PM
  • -Ed.: So great, antikitschychick! Loved reading about your time at Tosca, which was the favorite opera of the grand lady who introduced me... 1:26 PM
  • dai: armer, I saw Coster in Wales several times in my earliest opera-going days back in the 1967-72 period, and recall her as a pretty... 1:24 PM

Blinded item

blind_thumbWhich tenor, who’s notorious for his off-the-chain antics, recently gave his colleagues the willies when he sauntered about backstage butt-naked?

Mark Dellavan? Na, I guess it must have been Alagna.

• taminophile says:

Pics or it didn’t happen!

Rolando is back!

• Il Conte di Drewski says:

Hmmm… wondering if ‘the willies’ might be a clue. I’ve heard Bill Burden is a pretty hilarious guy, could it be him??

• bigbob56 says:

Off-the-chain might be the clue to Alagna now that he’s separated from Gheorghiu…Besides Alagna and Kaufmann would there be any tenor we would want to see naked ?

• Strephon says:

After Manon, Vittorio Grigolo.

Stephen Costello, Michael Fabiano, Juan Diego Florez, Larry Brownlee, Walther Pondman, and James Valenti, but only if he promises not to sing.

Oh, and Klaus Florian Vogt.

• enzo says:

Also Bill Burden and Alek Shrader.

• BETSY_ANN_BOBOLINK says:

Brandon Jovanovich, Charles Castronovo — the list is mounting.

(Mounting ! ! ) I’ll be on the veranduh.

• CruzSF says:

Castronovo? Chacun a son gout, of course… Maybe Vallenti can lipsync to Castronova’s voice …

• BETSY_ANN_BOBOLINK says:

Lipsynch? ? Hmmmm ! That might be impractical for the time being.

• CruzSF says:

that veranduh’s going to be awfully crowded soon…

• Charlie Castronovo is a pretty hot guy. I wouldn’t dare, cause i know him, but in a moment of madness, i would consider it

• Said it, will say it again. Looks like he’s been separated at birth from Disney’s Alladin, Castronovo does. Not a bad thing at all.

anyway, a chance to hear his utterly delightful spouse, the pure toned Siurina

• Scott Rose says:

Whoever it was is a tenore non di grazia.

• chicagokok says:

I don’t think this is realated to the blind item, but I have it on good authority that this story is true:

A few years ago when Jonas Kaufmann was here in Chicago performing in “Manon,” someone saw him walking out of his dressing room completely naked. While he stood there and got water (or something rather mundane) someone asked him why he was undressed. His reply: I’m auditioning for the next Nathan Gunn vehicle.

• Harry says:

So what’s the big deal? Well no one is saying whether the creature was also being anti social as well……… pissing in a wash basin or something worse; doing a ‘Howard Hughes’

In the United States, we take our nudity very seriously. Several of our wealthier posters were born fully clothed.

• operaddict says:

Oh come on, you all! It’s got to be Mr. Cura!

What a rollercoaster this thread has been. From the delightful prospect of William Burden or Jose Cura to the horrific prospect of Johan Botha.

In any case, please make some room for me on the veranduh.

• hagenschmagen says:

I wonder if “off the chain” refers to being away from the “ball and chain” of the wife. Any notorious married tenors that are well known Lotharios? Certainly that takes Burden out of the running…

• maxzook says:

OT, I just heard Margaret Juntwait between acts of Fidelio on Sirius announce “the opera by Ludwig Van Beethoven”.

• Melot's Younger Brother says:

“Blinded?” Who’s been singing Samson?