• Flora del Rio Grande: Well, well; that lovely old song! Whoever played the piano for Katherine Hepburn... 6:06 PM
  • Flora del Rio Grande: Let me recommend a reading of Heidi Waleson’s review of Klinghoffer in... 5:58 PM
  • LittleMasterMiles: Where is the f**king “Like” button on this thing? 5:48 PM
  • MontyNostry: Rather than La clemenza della Cieca, how about La moderazione della Cieca, which makes itself... 5:44 PM
  • Cicciabella: Autocorrect won’t have her any other way. 5:30 PM
  • Guestoria Unpopularenka: Especially Danielle Denise. 5:20 PM
  • tiger1: You are welcome, Lurker. Actually, I do not subscribe to Haaretz but I did register once, maybe that... 5:06 PM
  • Poison Ivy: Thanks Lurker! :) 4:35 PM
  • Lurker_del_Cairo: Ivy – beautifully written, especially your closing. I would like to thank everyone... 4:28 PM
  • Lurker_del_Cairo: Thanks Tiger – this was behind a paywall, glad I could read it. 4:24 PM

Star-spangled girl

Team_americaThe birthday of our nation provides yet one more opportunity for “America’s Diva” Renée Fleming to demonstrate that she is indeed the Patti of our day.

No, not Adelina so much, more like Sandi.

Glory, glory

• I could not take much of that, Sandi Patti should be insulted, but I doubt she will.

By the way, for those interested. ARTE will be broadcasting (and webcasting) a Don Giovanni from Aix-en-Provence today at 9:30 PM in France, (3:30 EST, 12:30 PST) Cast includes:

* Don Gionanni: Bo Skovhus
    * Leporello: Kyle Ketelsen
    * Masetto: David Bizic
    * Don Ottavio: Colin Balzer
    * Donna Anna: Marlis Petersen
    * Donna Elvira: Kristine Opolais
    * Zerlina: Kerstin Avemo
    * Commendatore: Anatoli Kotscherga

Check here at the correct time in your time zone:

The production will eventually travel to Canada and several countries in Europe, but no guarantees of another telecast.

• bassoprofundo says:

I think you’ve posted this on every possible opera related site imaginable….

• and your complaint is….

Not everyone here is a member or every opera group, I know that for a fact, so what is your complaint. Could be worse, it could pass and you could hear about it weeks after is was dome and you could have missed the oportunity to check it out and see a pro doing roles that eventually you will want to sing.

So you are very welcomed for noticing my thoroughness

• SF Guy says:

This is the only opera site I check on a regular basis, and I’m sure there are quite a few others like me. Nothing wrong with thoroughness!

• Il faut parterre says:

Lindoro Almaviva…you really CAN’T please everybody, can you?
          I occasionally visit other opera sites, but La Cieca’s Cavern is the only one I check every day, usually more than once.
          So, THANK YOU for the info! It’s useful and deserves to be widely disseminated (inseminated?).
          If it wasn’t for your post here, I would have missed the boat.

• Donna Carlo says:

May I add my hearty appreciation too? Like so many others here, Parterre is my only “daily.” I would have missed this treat entirely if not for your thoroughness.

Doesn’t that last word look straight out of Chaucer? “Ye mooste be tha Prince o Thrughnesse.”

Thank you so much, Prince.

• ipomoea says:

Thank you, and please keep it up. A true service to a small sliver of humanity.

• atalaya says:

I appreciate it. Thx for posting.

• Olivero is my Drug of Choice says:

I ADORE Sandi Patti. She’s a guilty pleasure of mine. She sings with gusto and unparalleled commitment.

• NYCOQ says:

Waaaaay back in high school when I belonged to several choirs (yes, one of them was a praise/gospel choir) I used to worship Sandy Patti. Fast forward 25 years later and JEESUS she just reeks! That was awful, but in a country where Palin could possibly win in 2012 I guess there’s no accounting for tastes

• judycadanna says:

I know a chorusmaster who would say during rehearsals that at certain points, he wanted a “big fat Baptist Sandi Patti vibrato”.
    You may draw your own conclusions about which words in that phrase were the modifiers and which were the modified.

• My in-laws (and the BF) were at one point members of the church where Sandy Patty worships in Anderson, IN. We actually worshiped with her one Christmas and she and her husband (a gay marriage if I have ever seen one) sang. Nice people.

When my sister-in law was to be married I suggested that the location of the wedding read: St. Sandy Patty’s in Anderson IN. She refused, but the name stuck with me. When I am invited to church there I ask if we are going to St. Sandy Patty’s and everyone knows what am I referring to.

• Vox says:

Sandy Patti sounds like something I might find in a cat litter box.

• calaf47 says:

Except Sandi Patti would not have been FLAT on the final upper note. Poor Renee…this is very sad.