• Poison Ivy: Lorenzo I’d argue that Wagner would be very offended if people took his works to be “just a great piece of... 3:06 PM
  • 98rsd: I saw the dreadful Cosi. It lived up to its cast. 3:00 PM
  • Porgy Amor: “Well, Clarice? Have the Albanians stopped twitching?” 2:39 PM
  • oscar: If Lenus Carlson married Clarice Carson … 2:36 PM
  • Hugo Santos: Something like this, I believe. Metropolitan Opera House December 11, 1975 COSÌ FAN TUTTE {77} Fiordiligi̷... 2:30 PM
  • oscar: Claudine Carlson. 2:27 PM
  • armerjacquino: The one kruno often posts- Tourangeau, Boky and a Fiordiligi whose name escapes me. 2:12 PM
  • kashania: Which Cosi cast is that? 1:59 PM

Scotto sings again

scotto_thumbThe tutelary goddess of performs a few phrases of La bohème — in 2010.

• wladek says:

for sheer fakery this mad lucy bit takes the prize, was that odd last note a
    something or other . They should have thrown bowls of sushi at her . But to
    be fair as is everyone here , she did
    have a half page of some hopeful artisty ,then she went on to cover
    her inability to sing correctly what was written. But — it is better than
    the unbearable Sutherland yodel
    that many take as singing .

• Ruxton says:

ardath- sorry but your statement about Scotto not being identified with a single role that “somebody else didn’t do better” is probably one of the most stupid assertions I’ve ever read- you could make that statement about every singer alive or dead.
    Obviously you haven’t heard though- for many years it was said her Butterfly was as close to definitive as you could get.

Plus, if one *is* going to play the asinine ‘Who’s best?’ game, it would be hard to think of a better Angelica.

• brooklynpunk says:

• brooklynpunk says:

This is what I meant to post before,,,,SORRY…!

• Stephilius says:

That first clip? Mimi’s death? I cried! The great Scotto!

• Alto says:

I find Pappano very appealing in that opening clip of La Cieca’s. Is the full series of three shows available in the U.S.?