• "“Thirty-five is a very attractive age. London society is full of women of the..." - turings
  • "If I wore my hair like yours I’d be bald." - armerjacquino
  • "I didn’t mean Zinka Miilanov. As to: “Now..who has hit a FABULOUS note..." - Krunoslav
  • "I meant the question in the Vera Charles spirit." - Krunoslav
  • "I dunno – my perpetually nerdy inner teenager was kind of thrilled ;) That’d be..." - turings
  • "Yes….Had one heard only Zinka’ famousnote./..you KNEW she was a sensational..." - zinka
  • "I took a punt and got it wrong. In fact, when I saw TWO BOYS in June 2011 I had..." - armerjacquino
  • "How long have you been 39?" - Krunoslav

Scotto sings again

scotto_thumbThe tutelary goddess of parterre.com performs a few phrases of La bohème — in 2010.

• wladek says:

for sheer fakery this mad lucy bit takes the prize, was that odd last note a
    something or other . They should have thrown bowls of sushi at her . But to
    be fair as is everyone here , she did
    have a half page of some hopeful artisty ,then she went on to cover
    her inability to sing correctly what was written. But — it is better than
    the unbearable Sutherland yodel
    that many take as singing .

• Ruxton says:

ardath- sorry but your statement about Scotto not being identified with a single role that “somebody else didn’t do better” is probably one of the most stupid assertions I’ve ever read- you could make that statement about every singer alive or dead.
    Obviously you haven’t heard though- for many years it was said her Butterfly was as close to definitive as you could get.

Plus, if one *is* going to play the asinine ‘Who’s best?’ game, it would be hard to think of a better Angelica.

• brooklynpunk says:

WHO WUOLD HAVE EVER THUNK IT…..?!?!?

AND…SHE AINT HALF BAD AT THAT…AT AGE 61….!!

httpv//www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn7CirMREyU&playnext_from=TL&videos=BUKGTexF-Sc&feature=grec_index

• brooklynpunk says:

This is what I meant to post before,,,,SORRY…!

• Stephilius says:

That first clip? Mimi’s death? I cried! The great Scotto!

• Alto says:

I find Pappano very appealing in that opening clip of La Cieca’s. Is the full series of three shows available in the U.S.?