• stevey: +1 10:49 PM
  • la vociaccia: She also has her worst tuning problems when she has to sing high notes that aren’t approached stepwise. Her soprano 2... 10:44 PM
  • JackJack: I strongly disagree about the Immolation Scene. I thought it was clearly the best part of the night. Her voice had warmed up... 8:16 PM
  • Porgy Amor: Signor Bruschino, my perception of the Met as an organization re: Levine is a little different. With the promotion of the HDs... 8:15 PM
  • Alex Baker: Goerke should definitely commemorate next April 1 with a Facebook missive describing how she is withdrawing from all current... 8:13 PM
  • Signor Bruschino: wow- ok, LaCieca, but I have actually in my years of posting given both sides of the argument. There is no question that... 8:01 PM
  • williams: Goerke is a mixed bag. Some thrilling moments but her voice, to my ears, curdles above the staff. That said there are few... 7:49 PM
  • grimoaldo: Hahahahahahahahaha Absolutely priceless. 7:19 PM

Scotto sings again

scotto_thumbThe tutelary goddess of parterre.com performs a few phrases of La bohème — in 2010.

• 21
    wladek says:

for sheer fakery this mad lucy bit takes the prize, was that odd last note a
    something or other . They should have thrown bowls of sushi at her . But to
    be fair as is everyone here , she did
    have a half page of some hopeful artisty ,then she went on to cover
    her inability to sing correctly what was written. But — it is better than
    the unbearable Sutherland yodel
    that many take as singing .

• 22
    Ruxton says:

ardath- sorry but your statement about Scotto not being identified with a single role that “somebody else didn’t do better” is probably one of the most stupid assertions I’ve ever read- you could make that statement about every singer alive or dead.
    Obviously you haven’t heard though- for many years it was said her Butterfly was as close to definitive as you could get.

• 22.1
      armerjacquino says:

Plus, if one *is* going to play the asinine ‘Who’s best?’ game, it would be hard to think of a better Angelica.

• 23
    brooklynpunk says:

WHO WUOLD HAVE EVER THUNK IT…..?!?!?

AND…SHE AINT HALF BAD AT THAT…AT AGE 61….!!

httpv//www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn7CirMREyU&playnext_from=TL&videos=BUKGTexF-Sc&feature=grec_index

• 24
    brooklynpunk says:

This is what I meant to post before,,,,SORRY…!

• 25
    Stephilius says:

That first clip? Mimi’s death? I cried! The great Scotto!

• 26
    Alto says:

I find Pappano very appealing in that opening clip of La Cieca’s. Is the full series of three shows available in the U.S.?