• FragendeFrau82: Catherine Foster is announced as singing tonight! Toi toi toi to her! 3:10 PM
  • Gualtier M: I wonder when Catherine Foster is coming back? – her leg injury might perhaps keep her out of the “Siegfrie... 3:00 PM
  • WindyCityOperaman: Today she can get around without a cane or a walker! 3:00 PM
  • WindyCityOperaman: I can’t wait to see it! 2:58 PM
  • Gualtier M: From reports, that “Manon Lescaut” in Rome in Feb-Mar 2014 was organized at very short notice by Muti when he... 2:49 PM
  • antikitschychick: missed Antonenko and some others I’m sure but, I think I’ve put my point across. It’s all a matter of... 2:47 PM
  • FragendeFrau82: Surely the parachuting Valkyries were supernumeraries? Why risk actual singers flying across the back of the stage? The... 2:46 PM
  • Porgy Amor: A big hand for Alex Baker for giving us these great pieces on the Washington Ring installments on a fast turnaround. 2:41 PM

Scotto sings again

scotto_thumbThe tutelary goddess of parterre.com performs a few phrases of La bohème — in 2010.

• 21
    wladek says:

for sheer fakery this mad lucy bit takes the prize, was that odd last note a
    something or other . They should have thrown bowls of sushi at her . But to
    be fair as is everyone here , she did
    have a half page of some hopeful artisty ,then she went on to cover
    her inability to sing correctly what was written. But — it is better than
    the unbearable Sutherland yodel
    that many take as singing .

• 22
    Ruxton says:

ardath- sorry but your statement about Scotto not being identified with a single role that “somebody else didn’t do better” is probably one of the most stupid assertions I’ve ever read- you could make that statement about every singer alive or dead.
    Obviously you haven’t heard though- for many years it was said her Butterfly was as close to definitive as you could get.

• 22.1
      armerjacquino says:

Plus, if one *is* going to play the asinine ‘Who’s best?’ game, it would be hard to think of a better Angelica.

• 23
    brooklynpunk says:

WHO WUOLD HAVE EVER THUNK IT…..?!?!?

AND…SHE AINT HALF BAD AT THAT…AT AGE 61….!!

httpv//www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn7CirMREyU&playnext_from=TL&videos=BUKGTexF-Sc&feature=grec_index

• 24
    brooklynpunk says:

This is what I meant to post before,,,,SORRY…!

• 25
    Stephilius says:

That first clip? Mimi’s death? I cried! The great Scotto!

• 26
    Alto says:

I find Pappano very appealing in that opening clip of La Cieca’s. Is the full series of three shows available in the U.S.?