• La Cieca: One small correction. Caballé, born April 12, 1933, was 34 years old at the time of this Traviata.... 3:54 AM
  • Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: I must apologize: the tracks of the last act of the 1967 “Traviata... 3:22 AM
  • Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: ailsamegan: Thank you very much for your support of my suggestions. I feared... 3:19 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: For many years Röschmann was a superb Susanna. And I agree that Seefried was one of the best... 3:05 AM
  • ailsamegan: Well said Junger – half the time I don’t know what these 3 are talkng about. I used... 2:54 AM
  • Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: I am behind on my thanks! I apologize! Kashania (PDP) – take your time! Listen... 2:28 AM
  • laddie: I remember hearing Bonney’s Susanna on the Met Saturday broadcast many years ago. It was jaw... 2:02 AM
  • laddie: writhing, damn you spell check! 1:58 AM
  • laddie: Do you mean to say you didn’t admire those bare-chested, writing supers worshiping turquoise... 1:58 AM
  • marshiemarkII: Vallyta you were there and didn’t look for your gurlfriend here :-) ? Very short because... 1:20 AM

Tee party

tee_thumbOur Own CruzSF has devised a delightful new pastime, which consists of posing in a parterre box t-shirt “in front of the great and not-so-great opera houses of the world.”

First up: the Napa Valley Opera House.

That’s after the jump.

cruz_tshirt

The cher public are invited to join in the game. The signature parterre box tee is available at CafePress.

Happy to see the coffee mugs. It will be the evil twin to my Zabar’s!

Gentile La Cieca, how about developing a line of ladies’ tees, in tones of mauve, lavender, or ‘Parterre Purple’. I mean, there are several of us girls mixed up here, too, besides many ladies, and we would like to share in Parterre Pride!

• BETSY_ANN_BOBOLINK says:

“Gentile La Cieca”? “Gentile La Cieca” ! ! That’s painfully reminiscent of “F.B. Pinkerton, Jew. Jew.”

• LogeLizard says:

Nice shirt, nice build, but what’s with the cap concealing the eyes? Looks like a classified ad for an escort.

BIRTHDAY ALERT, La CIECHISSIMA!!

Isn’t today Samuel Barber’s 100th birthday and isn”t going to transmit the original broadcast of “Antony and Cleopatra”!!?? God, hoioe I didn’t miss it.

• CruzSF says:

On Sirius, the rebroadcast of the “Antony and Cleopatra” premiere starts at 9pm EST.

Oh, thank you sweet Sr. Cruz.
        So happy I can still hear it.

You are as good inside as the outer packaging looks!

• Nemorinopr says:

To think I heard that one on the radio the night of the premiere, trillion years ago….and I’m still here!!!!

• operaspike says:

“Tony & Cleo” in ’66 was my very first Met Opera broadcast, back when we still wrote on clay tablets. The rest is history. This should be fun to hear again…and the cast of Zeff thousands clumping around on the broken turntable as I recall.

• actfive says:

I want the black one! How come it’s $5 more than the white one???

Why, indeed?!?

And I WANT PARTERRE PURPLE! I mean, it’s queenly, after all.

• Sadie Salome says:

Hear, hear, for Parterre Purple, as well as for a baby doll-style t-shirt for us ladies.

• La Cieca says:

I think the black shirt is a slightly “beefier” fabric, plus apparently it’s more difficult to print on dark fabric than on light.

And of course black is so more forgiving.

I’ve been watching too many Oscar roundups.

So far, Leontyne and Justino, and Ezio too, sound just fine.

Oh, here comes “Give me some Music” let’s listen to Queen Leontyne!