• 98rsd: I never know where my post is going to go. I would have responded directly to LV if there had been a... 2:28 PM
  • 98rsd: or perhaps more than a bit… 2:25 PM
  • La Valkyrietta: Oh dear, had I known that my little post would be taken so seriously I would never have... 2:10 PM
  • MontyNostry: Is that Kevin Kline on the left in the Csárdásfürstin image too? 1:41 PM
  • Feldmarschallin: Well doesn’t every production have a Regisseur? In Europe one never says it is a... 1:15 PM
  • overstimmelated: “… it would be a reggie production” And a senseless one perhaps, but that... 12:49 PM
  • Feldmarschallin: Faites attention Manou. 12:28 PM
  • SF Guy: La Cieca–I interpreted La V’s post as deadpan satire, a long and honorable tradition... 12:13 PM
  • Milady DeWinter: Thank you much for posting this, Quanto – what a kind, wise lady she is. 12:09 PM
  • bluecabochon: Klinghoffer director Tom Morris will answer questions live today at 1 PM EST at the Guardian:... 11:40 AM

Intensive care

katherine_jenkins“Opera singer” Katherine Jenkins canceled her appearance at last night’s National Television Awards due to (wait for it!) a “chest infection.” [digital spy]

Well, she cam just get another new chest.

is that why she has those two big puffy things on her chest?

• Harry says:

That is what is called a two pronged antennae to pick up a remote signal to tell her to attempt to sing some note. Always wondered what ‘her interference trouble’ was? Happens a lot in cases where being a glam bimbo, is the first order of call.

• mrmyster says:

My goodness! That girl has got a lot to offer.
    You mean she sings, too? Hardly necessary!

• Reggiani says:

Had to check her out on youtube, Found an acceptable Habanera and some showtunes. Not in a class with the current crop of outstanding young lyric mezzos, but she has other attributes.

• Sarah says:

Don’t know about the level of acceptability of her Habanera, but you should listen to her mangled French in the Seguidilla!

• Constantine A. Papas says:

You mean her silicone prostheses are infected? If they are, she may become deflated for a while if they have to be removed!

• operaddict says:

I can see why a certain maestro/singer/director is interested in her career. It’s what’s up front that counts, infection or inflation notwithstanding.

• 79CXR says:

I’m much more interested in her boyfriend. Nicer Tits, and he can sing.

My dear Gethin, I Love you, drop the fluffy one!!

And from the other side of the Atlantic, don’t miss Opera Chic’s latest fashion statements in W Magazine:

• Harry says:

Remember the entire Chapter 10(?) of Gore Vidal’s Myra Breckenbridge when she (also Myron) had to remove her silicone leaking implants…it comprised just two short identical alarming sentences : “Where are my Breasts?”

Perhaps K.J’s chest infection was caused by use of unrefined helium balloon gas; or it is in short supply, these past few weeks. A substitution with laughing gas might also do wonders for her voice.

• Harry says:

Or a quick course of chest acupuncture with hat pins might correct her troubling condition.