• Operngasse: Sigh – Really can’t rely on the memory anymore. The Jenufa was fall 1980 at San Francisco, but the Kostelnicka... 4:14 PM
  • armerjacquino: She had them in 66- my parents saw her as Konstanze. 4:09 PM
  • irontongue: There is some garble in the write-up. I think Jungfer Marianne intended to say that Hotter played Schigolch, etc. As far as... 3:53 PM
  • armerjacquino: I stand corrected. 3:35 PM
  • Gualtier M: To answer my own question: http://deborahvoig t.com/engagements/ Her personal website lists no future engagements. Seems that... 3:12 PM
  • JohninSeattle: AMEN, dearest Camille. AMEN. To Ms V: BUONA FORTUNA. 3:11 PM
  • Camille: Oh is that how you do it there? My, that is interesting. I wouldn’t know about any of that and would hope this does not... 3:08 PM
  • Gualtier M: I agree with Camille regarding the Voigt piƱata around here. She is not all that old and she needs steady, gainful employment... 3:03 PM

Intensive care

katherine_jenkins“Opera singer” Katherine Jenkins canceled her appearance at last night’s National Television Awards due to (wait for it!) a “chest infection.” [digital spy]

• 1
    MontyNostry says:

Well, she cam just get another new chest.

• 2
    Quanto Painy Fakor says:

is that why she has those two big puffy things on her chest?

• 2.1
      Harry says:

That is what is called a two pronged antennae to pick up a remote signal to tell her to attempt to sing some note. Always wondered what ‘her interference trouble’ was? Happens a lot in cases where being a glam bimbo, is the first order of call.

• 3
    mrmyster says:

My goodness! That girl has got a lot to offer.
    You mean she sings, too? Hardly necessary!

• 4
    Reggiani says:

Had to check her out on youtube, Found an acceptable Habanera and some showtunes. Not in a class with the current crop of outstanding young lyric mezzos, but she has other attributes.

• 4.1
      Sarah says:

Don’t know about the level of acceptability of her Habanera, but you should listen to her mangled French in the Seguidilla!

• 5
    Constantine A. Papas says:

You mean her silicone prostheses are infected? If they are, she may become deflated for a while if they have to be removed!

• 6
    operaddict says:

I can see why a certain maestro/singer/director is interested in her career. It’s what’s up front that counts, infection or inflation notwithstanding.

• 7
    79CXR says:

I’m much more interested in her boyfriend. Nicer Tits, and he can sing.

My dear Gethin, I Love you, drop the fluffy one!!

• 8
    Quanto Painy Fakor says:

And from the other side of the Atlantic, don’t miss Opera Chic’s latest fashion statements in W Magazine:

• 9
    Harry says:

Remember the entire Chapter 10(?) of Gore Vidal’s Myra Breckenbridge when she (also Myron) had to remove her silicone leaking implants…it comprised just two short identical alarming sentences : “Where are my Breasts?”

Perhaps K.J’s chest infection was caused by use of unrefined helium balloon gas; or it is in short supply, these past few weeks. A substitution with laughing gas might also do wonders for her voice.

• 10
    Harry says:

Or a quick course of chest acupuncture with hat pins might correct her troubling condition.