• ML: That seriously sucks if it is true. There should be at least a proper audio recording from the run. 2:15 AM
  • ML: … and I wonder how Gaston Rivero feels about that. Talk about not investing in new stars. Domingo... 2:10 AM
  • Lohengrin: Do not miss the Salzburg-Productio n. There are three reasons to watch: Pappano, Harteros and... 2:00 AM
  • ML: It’s also of course “the American people,” ad nauseam, when we could easily and perhaps... 1:24 AM
  • Flora del Rio Grande: Laddie I had in mind also the fiasco of Dr Sun and the situation with Don Pasquale;... 11:54 PM
  • danpatter: No, I haven’t seen or heard the new Sony DON CARLO (with Kaufmann and Hampson). I’ve... 10:58 PM
  • A. Poggia Turra: Feldmarschallin, my request for 15.11 was also refused (due to work commitments, it is the... 10:24 PM
  • semira mide: I seem to remember reading that the radio broadcast has also been canceled. I’m not sure a... 9:50 PM
  • kashania: I don’t think there was any doubt despite some suggestions here. The Met only cancelled the... 9:16 PM
  • kashania: Hey, we Canucks are responsible for more than our share of comedians! 9:11 PM

Intensive care

katherine_jenkins“Opera singer” Katherine Jenkins canceled her appearance at last night’s National Television Awards due to (wait for it!) a “chest infection.” [digital spy]

Well, she cam just get another new chest.

is that why she has those two big puffy things on her chest?

• Harry says:

That is what is called a two pronged antennae to pick up a remote signal to tell her to attempt to sing some note. Always wondered what ‘her interference trouble’ was? Happens a lot in cases where being a glam bimbo, is the first order of call.

• mrmyster says:

My goodness! That girl has got a lot to offer.
    You mean she sings, too? Hardly necessary!

• Reggiani says:

Had to check her out on youtube, Found an acceptable Habanera and some showtunes. Not in a class with the current crop of outstanding young lyric mezzos, but she has other attributes.

• Sarah says:

Don’t know about the level of acceptability of her Habanera, but you should listen to her mangled French in the Seguidilla!

• Constantine A. Papas says:

You mean her silicone prostheses are infected? If they are, she may become deflated for a while if they have to be removed!

• operaddict says:

I can see why a certain maestro/singer/director is interested in her career. It’s what’s up front that counts, infection or inflation notwithstanding.

• 79CXR says:

I’m much more interested in her boyfriend. Nicer Tits, and he can sing.

My dear Gethin, I Love you, drop the fluffy one!!

And from the other side of the Atlantic, don’t miss Opera Chic’s latest fashion statements in W Magazine:

• Harry says:

Remember the entire Chapter 10(?) of Gore Vidal’s Myra Breckenbridge when she (also Myron) had to remove her silicone leaking implants…it comprised just two short identical alarming sentences : “Where are my Breasts?”

Perhaps K.J’s chest infection was caused by use of unrefined helium balloon gas; or it is in short supply, these past few weeks. A substitution with laughing gas might also do wonders for her voice.

• Harry says:

Or a quick course of chest acupuncture with hat pins might correct her troubling condition.