• armerjacquino: ‘Europe̵ 7;. That homogenous entity. 5:37 AM
  • tiger1: Dear Cicciabella, A few comments: While I do not think Europe is as tolerant and open as it should... 5:35 AM
  • Cicciabella: The opera house was within its rights to ask the woman to unveil. French and Belgian law forbids... 4:52 AM
  • Cicciabella: A big thank you to everyone who reported on Klinghoffer and reviewed the performance. This... 4:37 AM
  • Walther von Holzhaufen: Ivy, I just read your blog on Klinghoffer. I found your review and reflections to be... 4:33 AM
  • Often admonished: more http://leplus.nouv elobs.com/contribu tion/1251812-une-f emme-voilee-exp... 4:15 AM
  • Often admonished: Some kind of Intolerance Index considering all forms of censorship, artistic and aesthetic... 4:12 AM
  • tiger1: Dear Ms Ivy, Just read your review. Really really great. About giving the terrorists a back story,... 3:47 AM
  • Cicciabella: Nadja Michael is one hot 300-year old cougar in that trailer! I don’t know this opera very... 3:45 AM
  • tiger1: In my view, it is an error of the people who do not like DoK, who thinks it spends to much of an... 3:16 AM

Intensive care

katherine_jenkins“Opera singer” Katherine Jenkins canceled her appearance at last night’s National Television Awards due to (wait for it!) a “chest infection.” [digital spy]

Well, she cam just get another new chest.

is that why she has those two big puffy things on her chest?

• Harry says:

That is what is called a two pronged antennae to pick up a remote signal to tell her to attempt to sing some note. Always wondered what ‘her interference trouble’ was? Happens a lot in cases where being a glam bimbo, is the first order of call.

• mrmyster says:

My goodness! That girl has got a lot to offer.
    You mean she sings, too? Hardly necessary!

• Reggiani says:

Had to check her out on youtube, Found an acceptable Habanera and some showtunes. Not in a class with the current crop of outstanding young lyric mezzos, but she has other attributes.

• Sarah says:

Don’t know about the level of acceptability of her Habanera, but you should listen to her mangled French in the Seguidilla!

• Constantine A. Papas says:

You mean her silicone prostheses are infected? If they are, she may become deflated for a while if they have to be removed!

• operaddict says:

I can see why a certain maestro/singer/director is interested in her career. It’s what’s up front that counts, infection or inflation notwithstanding.

• 79CXR says:

I’m much more interested in her boyfriend. Nicer Tits, and he can sing.

My dear Gethin, I Love you, drop the fluffy one!!

And from the other side of the Atlantic, don’t miss Opera Chic’s latest fashion statements in W Magazine:

• Harry says:

Remember the entire Chapter 10(?) of Gore Vidal’s Myra Breckenbridge when she (also Myron) had to remove her silicone leaking implants…it comprised just two short identical alarming sentences : “Where are my Breasts?”

Perhaps K.J’s chest infection was caused by use of unrefined helium balloon gas; or it is in short supply, these past few weeks. A substitution with laughing gas might also do wonders for her voice.

• Harry says:

Or a quick course of chest acupuncture with hat pins might correct her troubling condition.