• Lohengrin: She dislikes the production! Read: http://kurier.at/k ultur/buehne/angel a-gheorghiu-das... 2:45 AM
  • DeepSouthSenior: “16 pics with Borras and Gheorghiu from the dress rehearsal for Werther.” Looks... 2:38 AM
  • Jungfer Marianne Leitmetzerin: I’m quite sure I heard Welitsch in there somewhere… 1:29 AM
  • stevey: Mara Zampieri is, of course, number 20 (my fingers, apparently, got itchy to ‘sendR... 1:08 AM
  • stevey: I can’t really respond in any meaningful way, as (as I’ve mentioned before) I’m... 1:03 AM
  • Krunoslav: Stevey, arcibravo! May I add some more? Natalia Sokolova (1953 complete Bolshoi set) Ingrid... 12:53 AM
  • danpatter: I agree. I’ve never heard a note of the opera before, and I really enjoyed it. I sought... 12:51 AM
  • stevey: With thanks, mirywi, but… alas, for us: httpv://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=NfR5 vAOd-4E So,... 12:45 AM
  • danpatter: I’ve never been good at this sort of thing. I heard two I’d lay money on –... 12:41 AM
  • mirywi: Emmy Destinn can be removed from the pool on the same grounds. 12:33 AM

Intensive care

katherine_jenkins“Opera singer” Katherine Jenkins canceled her appearance at last night’s National Television Awards due to (wait for it!) a “chest infection.” [digital spy]

Well, she cam just get another new chest.

is that why she has those two big puffy things on her chest?

• Harry says:

That is what is called a two pronged antennae to pick up a remote signal to tell her to attempt to sing some note. Always wondered what ‘her interference trouble’ was? Happens a lot in cases where being a glam bimbo, is the first order of call.

• mrmyster says:

My goodness! That girl has got a lot to offer.
    You mean she sings, too? Hardly necessary!

• Reggiani says:

Had to check her out on youtube, Found an acceptable Habanera and some showtunes. Not in a class with the current crop of outstanding young lyric mezzos, but she has other attributes.

• Sarah says:

Don’t know about the level of acceptability of her Habanera, but you should listen to her mangled French in the Seguidilla!

• Constantine A. Papas says:

You mean her silicone prostheses are infected? If they are, she may become deflated for a while if they have to be removed!

• operaddict says:

I can see why a certain maestro/singer/director is interested in her career. It’s what’s up front that counts, infection or inflation notwithstanding.

• 79CXR says:

I’m much more interested in her boyfriend. Nicer Tits, and he can sing.

My dear Gethin, I Love you, drop the fluffy one!!

And from the other side of the Atlantic, don’t miss Opera Chic’s latest fashion statements in W Magazine:

• Harry says:

Remember the entire Chapter 10(?) of Gore Vidal’s Myra Breckenbridge when she (also Myron) had to remove her silicone leaking implants…it comprised just two short identical alarming sentences : “Where are my Breasts?”

Perhaps K.J’s chest infection was caused by use of unrefined helium balloon gas; or it is in short supply, these past few weeks. A substitution with laughing gas might also do wonders for her voice.

• Harry says:

Or a quick course of chest acupuncture with hat pins might correct her troubling condition.