• novotna: I am very disappointed that Mr. de Marco kept his vest on throughout the anvil chorus. It was very difficult to do an accurate... 9:22 PM
  • gustave of montreal: Marvelous evening that Cendrillon in Ottawa and what a cast: Ruth Welting, Maureen Forrester, Louis Quilico. In the... 8:47 PM
  • Bill: Kennedet – true, Cura’s voice is shot, almost an embarrassment to be sure, but he was still able to develop an... 8:46 PM
  • Milady DeWinter: “whooppee-cu shion shock-squack which we were regaled with at the prima of the ill-fared Anna Bolena,... 8:38 PM
  • LT: Interview httpv://www.youtub D-Z-1lc 7:35 PM
  • Quanto Painy Fakor: Boris was a gem! Your suggestion for the MET to rebroadcast his intermissions and those of Alberta Maisiello, Edward... 7:34 PM
  • willym: I recall when the Houston Tancredi was announced I was on the phone from Ottawa booking my seats the minute the box office opened... 7:05 PM
  • DellaCasaFan: I think I misplaced my post. It was in response to Camille’s inquiry about the biography about Alma Mahler. 6:28 PM

Intensive care

katherine_jenkins“Opera singer” Katherine Jenkins canceled her appearance at last night’s National Television Awards due to (wait for it!) a “chest infection.” [digital spy]

Well, she cam just get another new chest.

is that why she has those two big puffy things on her chest?

• Harry says:

That is what is called a two pronged antennae to pick up a remote signal to tell her to attempt to sing some note. Always wondered what ‘her interference trouble’ was? Happens a lot in cases where being a glam bimbo, is the first order of call.

• mrmyster says:

My goodness! That girl has got a lot to offer.
    You mean she sings, too? Hardly necessary!

• Reggiani says:

Had to check her out on youtube, Found an acceptable Habanera and some showtunes. Not in a class with the current crop of outstanding young lyric mezzos, but she has other attributes.

• Sarah says:

Don’t know about the level of acceptability of her Habanera, but you should listen to her mangled French in the Seguidilla!

• Constantine A. Papas says:

You mean her silicone prostheses are infected? If they are, she may become deflated for a while if they have to be removed!

• operaddict says:

I can see why a certain maestro/singer/director is interested in her career. It’s what’s up front that counts, infection or inflation notwithstanding.

• 79CXR says:

I’m much more interested in her boyfriend. Nicer Tits, and he can sing.

My dear Gethin, I Love you, drop the fluffy one!!

And from the other side of the Atlantic, don’t miss Opera Chic’s latest fashion statements in W Magazine:

• Harry says:

Remember the entire Chapter 10(?) of Gore Vidal’s Myra Breckenbridge when she (also Myron) had to remove her silicone leaking implants…it comprised just two short identical alarming sentences : “Where are my Breasts?”

Perhaps K.J’s chest infection was caused by use of unrefined helium balloon gas; or it is in short supply, these past few weeks. A substitution with laughing gas might also do wonders for her voice.

• Harry says:

Or a quick course of chest acupuncture with hat pins might correct her troubling condition.