• WindyCityOperaman: If it wasn’t for the Sullivan show, a lot of short-lived musicals would have never... 10:32 AM
  • la vociaccia: I don’t know what’s more depressing; the fact that you don’t realize how... 10:30 AM
  • messa di voce: “Pia Zadora screwing up the choreography” ; As opposed to screwing the producer? 9:49 AM
  • armerjacquino: It’s surprising that Bob Merrill is only really remembered as a lyricist now- he really... 6:58 AM
  • Constantine A. Papas: She meant to say that she was the only “pompousR 21; Afro-American soprano to... 2:49 AM
  • davenport: Not really what I would call a thrashing – but then this is what most people were hoping... 2:41 AM
  • La Cieca: This is one of my all-time favorite Broadway moments, and Alice Playten DEFINES star quality.... 12:39 AM
  • mia apulia: it is inspiring bronzino, that there are no “minority artists” for you–or... 12:39 AM
  • Krunoslav: Brava Alice Playten. As Alice Plotkin, she created the role of the child in the Met’s first... 12:39 AM
  • mia apulia: sh, phoenix, I remember Ella Lee very well from a wonderful recital, but I never got to hear her... 12:36 AM

Intensive care

katherine_jenkins“Opera singer” Katherine Jenkins canceled her appearance at last night’s National Television Awards due to (wait for it!) a “chest infection.” [digital spy]

Well, she cam just get another new chest.

is that why she has those two big puffy things on her chest?

• Harry says:

That is what is called a two pronged antennae to pick up a remote signal to tell her to attempt to sing some note. Always wondered what ‘her interference trouble’ was? Happens a lot in cases where being a glam bimbo, is the first order of call.

• mrmyster says:

My goodness! That girl has got a lot to offer.
    You mean she sings, too? Hardly necessary!

• Reggiani says:

Had to check her out on youtube, Found an acceptable Habanera and some showtunes. Not in a class with the current crop of outstanding young lyric mezzos, but she has other attributes.

• Sarah says:

Don’t know about the level of acceptability of her Habanera, but you should listen to her mangled French in the Seguidilla!

• Constantine A. Papas says:

You mean her silicone prostheses are infected? If they are, she may become deflated for a while if they have to be removed!

• operaddict says:

I can see why a certain maestro/singer/director is interested in her career. It’s what’s up front that counts, infection or inflation notwithstanding.

• 79CXR says:

I’m much more interested in her boyfriend. Nicer Tits, and he can sing.

My dear Gethin, I Love you, drop the fluffy one!!

And from the other side of the Atlantic, don’t miss Opera Chic’s latest fashion statements in W Magazine:

• Harry says:

Remember the entire Chapter 10(?) of Gore Vidal’s Myra Breckenbridge when she (also Myron) had to remove her silicone leaking implants…it comprised just two short identical alarming sentences : “Where are my Breasts?”

Perhaps K.J’s chest infection was caused by use of unrefined helium balloon gas; or it is in short supply, these past few weeks. A substitution with laughing gas might also do wonders for her voice.

• Harry says:

Or a quick course of chest acupuncture with hat pins might correct her troubling condition.