• Fidelia: Yes, Oedipe, my post was in answer to the “südländisch er SchwanenritterR 21; post... 4:50 PM
  • operaassport: I know. I was kinda stunned when she told me the story. I hadn’t thought of... 4:47 PM
  • operaassport: She’s on a fixed income — probably from bonds — but it’s not at social... 4:45 PM
  • 98rsd: Not a Musical America subscriber, so couldn’t log in, but this headline is none too promising:... 4:35 PM
  • m. croche: Well, you can look at what happened in Minnesota. CEO Michael Henson got the boot, 8 disgruntled... 4:33 PM
  • quibbleglib: Precisely. And, if my fellow Parterrians will excuse a slight extension of the metaphor —... 4:32 PM
  • casualoperafan: yes, they are paid well, but they deserve to be paid well because an artist’s career is... 4:31 PM
  • oedipe: Good question. No idea… 4:25 PM
  • oedipe: So, Lohengrin, a whole tradition of French tenors with bright, clear voices is no good in Gounod and... 4:22 PM
  • tiger1: In what way is Des Grieux narcissistic? 4:17 PM

Intensive care

katherine_jenkins“Opera singer” Katherine Jenkins canceled her appearance at last night’s National Television Awards due to (wait for it!) a “chest infection.” [digital spy]

Well, she cam just get another new chest.

is that why she has those two big puffy things on her chest?

• Harry says:

That is what is called a two pronged antennae to pick up a remote signal to tell her to attempt to sing some note. Always wondered what ‘her interference trouble’ was? Happens a lot in cases where being a glam bimbo, is the first order of call.

• mrmyster says:

My goodness! That girl has got a lot to offer.
    You mean she sings, too? Hardly necessary!

• Reggiani says:

Had to check her out on youtube, Found an acceptable Habanera and some showtunes. Not in a class with the current crop of outstanding young lyric mezzos, but she has other attributes.

• Sarah says:

Don’t know about the level of acceptability of her Habanera, but you should listen to her mangled French in the Seguidilla!

• Constantine A. Papas says:

You mean her silicone prostheses are infected? If they are, she may become deflated for a while if they have to be removed!

• operaddict says:

I can see why a certain maestro/singer/director is interested in her career. It’s what’s up front that counts, infection or inflation notwithstanding.

• 79CXR says:

I’m much more interested in her boyfriend. Nicer Tits, and he can sing.

My dear Gethin, I Love you, drop the fluffy one!!

And from the other side of the Atlantic, don’t miss Opera Chic’s latest fashion statements in W Magazine:

• Harry says:

Remember the entire Chapter 10(?) of Gore Vidal’s Myra Breckenbridge when she (also Myron) had to remove her silicone leaking implants…it comprised just two short identical alarming sentences : “Where are my Breasts?”

Perhaps K.J’s chest infection was caused by use of unrefined helium balloon gas; or it is in short supply, these past few weeks. A substitution with laughing gas might also do wonders for her voice.

• Harry says:

Or a quick course of chest acupuncture with hat pins might correct her troubling condition.