• Bill: Mrs.jc – Sciutti was very fine as Susanna -her sound was not as full as Seefried’s or... 11:59 AM
  • Cocky Kurwenal: Yes, Regina must have seen Roschmann’s Susanna on his travels somewhere, she has only... 11:48 AM
  • redbear: Warning! Excessive consumption could be hazardous to your health and irritate those whom you are... 11:37 AM
  • Milady DeWinter: Wonderful critique, Rowna – thank you. (I liked the fast recits too, a real time... 11:35 AM
  • Rowna: The chat last night was a lot of fun. We all tried to help each other as the feed on some browsers... 11:04 AM
  • Feldmarschallin: Mrs Claggart it is so nice to have you back here. Hope you stay. 11:00 AM
  • Bill: MMII – yes listen to Schwarzkopf as the Countess and there are many renditions of her meltingly... 10:58 AM
  • uwsinnyc: Yes – much as I love Levine, I agree- this seemed a bit inconsistent. Parts too heavy, parts... 10:51 AM
  • Chester: Loved Mattei too; liked Peteresen after Act 1. I expected more for Ildar and thought Leonard was... 10:48 AM
  • Bill: Rowna – on the contrary I found Upshaw vocally unalluring as Susanna – hardly one of my... 10:45 AM

Intensive care

katherine_jenkins“Opera singer” Katherine Jenkins canceled her appearance at last night’s National Television Awards due to (wait for it!) a “chest infection.” [digital spy]

Well, she cam just get another new chest.

is that why she has those two big puffy things on her chest?

• Harry says:

That is what is called a two pronged antennae to pick up a remote signal to tell her to attempt to sing some note. Always wondered what ‘her interference trouble’ was? Happens a lot in cases where being a glam bimbo, is the first order of call.

• mrmyster says:

My goodness! That girl has got a lot to offer.
    You mean she sings, too? Hardly necessary!

• Reggiani says:

Had to check her out on youtube, Found an acceptable Habanera and some showtunes. Not in a class with the current crop of outstanding young lyric mezzos, but she has other attributes.

• Sarah says:

Don’t know about the level of acceptability of her Habanera, but you should listen to her mangled French in the Seguidilla!

• Constantine A. Papas says:

You mean her silicone prostheses are infected? If they are, she may become deflated for a while if they have to be removed!

• operaddict says:

I can see why a certain maestro/singer/director is interested in her career. It’s what’s up front that counts, infection or inflation notwithstanding.

• 79CXR says:

I’m much more interested in her boyfriend. Nicer Tits, and he can sing.

My dear Gethin, I Love you, drop the fluffy one!!

And from the other side of the Atlantic, don’t miss Opera Chic’s latest fashion statements in W Magazine:

• Harry says:

Remember the entire Chapter 10(?) of Gore Vidal’s Myra Breckenbridge when she (also Myron) had to remove her silicone leaking implants…it comprised just two short identical alarming sentences : “Where are my Breasts?”

Perhaps K.J’s chest infection was caused by use of unrefined helium balloon gas; or it is in short supply, these past few weeks. A substitution with laughing gas might also do wonders for her voice.

• Harry says:

Or a quick course of chest acupuncture with hat pins might correct her troubling condition.