• Krunoslav: Wow, Poor used Coates! 3:46 PM
  • PCally: Lucky you to have seen Mattila in that role during her prime. It’s ludicrous to me that the met decided to telecast the 1999... 3:45 PM
  • Krunoslav: I thought Susan Chilcott excellent on recordings and as Helena at the Met. Hard to imagine disposing of the weight for Liza,... 3:23 PM
  • Patrick Mack: Apparently she’ll be recording Tup-Tim’s Act I aria from King and I? 3:03 PM
  • JohninSeattle: I would like to express how AWESONE that Rondine flashmob clip was. That was great. If we keep art and artistic expression... 2:46 PM
  • m. croche: Wile E. Coyote, Batman costume, cliff wall. That’s all I got. 2:39 PM
  • Cocky Kurwenal: I have been lucky with my Lisas: Orla Boylan, Susan Chilcott (both prime Kruno-bait ripe for ridicule, but both genuinely... 2:18 PM
  • armerjacquino: Oh, how very kind! Thank you so much. 2:17 PM

Intensive care

katherine_jenkins“Opera singer” Katherine Jenkins canceled her appearance at last night’s National Television Awards due to (wait for it!) a “chest infection.” [digital spy]

• 1
    MontyNostry says:

Well, she cam just get another new chest.

• 2
    Quanto Painy Fakor says:

is that why she has those two big puffy things on her chest?

• 2.1
      Harry says:

That is what is called a two pronged antennae to pick up a remote signal to tell her to attempt to sing some note. Always wondered what ‘her interference trouble’ was? Happens a lot in cases where being a glam bimbo, is the first order of call.

• 3
    mrmyster says:

My goodness! That girl has got a lot to offer.
    You mean she sings, too? Hardly necessary!

• 4
    Reggiani says:

Had to check her out on youtube, Found an acceptable Habanera and some showtunes. Not in a class with the current crop of outstanding young lyric mezzos, but she has other attributes.

• 4.1
      Sarah says:

Don’t know about the level of acceptability of her Habanera, but you should listen to her mangled French in the Seguidilla!

• 5
    Constantine A. Papas says:

You mean her silicone prostheses are infected? If they are, she may become deflated for a while if they have to be removed!

• 6
    operaddict says:

I can see why a certain maestro/singer/director is interested in her career. It’s what’s up front that counts, infection or inflation notwithstanding.

• 7
    79CXR says:

I’m much more interested in her boyfriend. Nicer Tits, and he can sing.

My dear Gethin, I Love you, drop the fluffy one!!

• 8
    Quanto Painy Fakor says:

And from the other side of the Atlantic, don’t miss Opera Chic’s latest fashion statements in W Magazine:

• 9
    Harry says:

Remember the entire Chapter 10(?) of Gore Vidal’s Myra Breckenbridge when she (also Myron) had to remove her silicone leaking implants…it comprised just two short identical alarming sentences : “Where are my Breasts?”

Perhaps K.J’s chest infection was caused by use of unrefined helium balloon gas; or it is in short supply, these past few weeks. A substitution with laughing gas might also do wonders for her voice.

• 10
    Harry says:

Or a quick course of chest acupuncture with hat pins might correct her troubling condition.