• CwbyLA: Does anybody know what happened to the blogger Sieglinde’s Diaries? He used to write great... 7:56 PM
  • Uncle Kvetch: Thanks for posting this — I’m a member of Cantori New York, and while we had great... 7:17 PM
  • antikitschychick: thanks for the info manou; I second your well wishes :-). 5:12 PM
  • manou: She is a lovely lady and is apparently travelling quite a bit these days. I certainly hope she is well... 4:51 PM
  • redbear: Wonderful review. I was at the Cleopatra too. First price range, first row, first balcony, nowhere... 4:50 PM
  • antikitschychick: Agree, Satisfied. Blogging is a big commitment though, esp if you get to the point of... 4:43 PM
  • DellaCasaFan: Feld, I don’t know if you use Spotify, but Röschmann’s new CD “Portrait... 4:39 PM
  • manou: Was he up to scratch? 4:29 PM
  • antikitschychick: lol no worries, I made many mental notes :-P. If everything pans out I should be going next... 4:27 PM
  • Satisfied: Intermezzo was one of my favorite blogs. Sad to see it go. 4:01 PM

Smokey and the Pundit

jjOur publisher JJ will grace the airwaves of WNYC this afternoon at 2:00 PM for an appearance on Soundcheck.  The topic is that one on everyone’s mind right now, the renascent New York City Opera. Purists should we warned in advance that this radio program will involve the use of electronic microphones.

UPDATE: Here’s the relevant segment of the show.

• sfmike says:

Thank you, La Cieca, for that video clip. I’ve decided that there isn’t a frame of film in which Joan Collins appears that is less than fabulous, not to mention textbook camp.

• squirrel says:

LOL i just got back from the bodega, and when I clicked your video clip, the webstream from WNYC was still rolling unbeknownst to me, and so for the duration of the clip I heard simultaneous narration such as: “Anger, sadness, indescribable tenderness, these are the feelings that Precious evoked in me…”

It was kind of like your Forging Song in Canon (though contrapuntally inferior).

I guess you had to be there.

God bless Joan Collins.

• leboyfriend says:

Sorry, Alto, you are qwuite right. I did mis-type his name. He does, however, quite happily answer to ‘Phil.’

• leboyfriend says:

Alto -- I can’t spell ‘quite’ either, apparently.

• CruzSF says:

I listened to the show on podcast before it was excerpted here, so I really felt that there was too little JJ. But he was certainly diplomatic about G. Steel, the Koch theater, and the added-by-demand performance of “Esther”!I didn’t know that JJ had appeared on Soundcheck before. Can you recall when he previously appeared?

I trust that JJ or La Cieca will tell us all about “Esther” at NYCO, and the atmosphere in the newly refurbished theater. I can’t wait.