• armerjacquino: I can never get my head round how dumb (or, alternatively racist) you have to be to push the... 3:03 PM
  • Krunoslav: some are too foolish and ignorant abd you are plainly of that number brownlee is one of the... 2:54 PM
  • armerjacquino: ‘Racism not a problem’ says white person. 2:43 PM
  • bronzino: blah blah blah–some are too tall, some are too fat, some are too old. fine–let that... 2:15 PM
  • Poison Ivy: Check out Haglund Heel’s many rants against Misty Copeland and get back to me on that one. 2:08 PM
  • Krunoslav: If, bronzino, you would educate yourself or think for a minute ( try) you might realize that many... 1:59 PM
  • bronzino: is it at all possible to have a single interview from a minority without the minority card being... 1:46 PM
  • kashania: In her book and in other interviews, she acknowledges Bubmry’s Bayreuth Venus. I don’t... 1:31 PM
  • armerjacquino: Oh, I see! I just assumed it was a clickthrough. *blushes* 1:28 PM
  • La Cieca: That is, in the image reproduced here, which is the form in which the article appears at first... 1:20 PM

Smokey and the Pundit

jjOur publisher JJ will grace the airwaves of WNYC this afternoon at 2:00 PM for an appearance on Soundcheck.  The topic is that one on everyone’s mind right now, the renascent New York City Opera.

Purists should we warned in advance that this radio program will involve the use of electronic microphones.

UPDATE: Here’s the relevant segment of the show.

• sfmike says:

Thank you, La Cieca, for that video clip. I’ve decided that there isn’t a frame of film in which Joan Collins appears that is less than fabulous, not to mention textbook camp.

• squirrel says:

LOL i just got back from the bodega, and when I clicked your video clip, the webstream from WNYC was still rolling unbeknownst to me, and so for the duration of the clip I heard simultaneous narration such as: “Anger, sadness, indescribable tenderness, these are the feelings that Precious evoked in me…”

It was kind of like your Forging Song in Canon (though contrapuntally inferior).

I guess you had to be there.

God bless Joan Collins.

• leboyfriend says:

Sorry, Alto, you are qwuite right. I did mis-type his name. He does, however, quite happily answer to ‘Phil.’

• leboyfriend says:

Alto -- I can’t spell ‘quite’ either, apparently.

• CruzSF says:

I listened to the show on podcast before it was excerpted here, so I really felt that there was too little JJ. But he was certainly diplomatic about G. Steel, the Koch theater, and the added-by-demand performance of “Esther”!I didn’t know that JJ had appeared on Soundcheck before. Can you recall when he previously appeared?

I trust that JJ or La Cieca will tell us all about “Esther” at NYCO, and the atmosphere in the newly refurbished theater. I can’t wait.